Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 08:05 PM

254 posts, read 146,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
To attempt to divorce yourself from the USA sounds unpatriotic to many.
But if you realize that the Federal Government and Obamas administration are purely anti American, then you see that its actually extremely patriotic for Texas, or the entire South, to want to sever ties.

They're the ones who want to carry on American tradition and support a proud American population, while Obama, the feds and the corrupt politicians want to usher in Globalization, destroy national pride, and continue to unleash a barrage of propaganda in the attempt to convince citizens that they should surrender their rights.

We should all be pushing for this, its the only solution and should be looked at as a good thing, our differences as the Left and the Right have never been greater. I will gladly move to the South to get away from liberal terrorism in the Northeast.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,542,624 times
If Texas were to secede, many of us would be asking for citizenship. I have more faith in Texas than the morons in Washington.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:38 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,285,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Who ever said conservative Republicans liked democracy? They love corporate welfare, they love religion as long as it's Christian. Hate MPG restrictions, clean air or water standards, solar or wind power, and apparently they have a strong love for the unborn because whether the mother wants the baby or not she must have the child and if the mother can't afford the baby, the Republicans don't care once the child is born. No welfare.
If 9/11 happened under a Democratic administration we would never have heard how bad the evil Democrats are by allowing our country to be put in harms way with their liberal agenda.
Ted Cruz wants to be a wartime president. Most Republicans are beating the war drums again.
Don't be surprised by anything these moron Republicans say they want to do. The scary part is they will get to appoint 2 or 3 Supreme Court justices. Then we will see true Christian Shria law.
So terrorists don't scare you but your made up Christian Shria Law does? I think I'll be skipping your future posts from now on!

Last edited by SandraMoore66; 12-05-2015 at 08:48 PM..

Old 12-05-2015, 08:39 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,285,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
If Texas were to secede, many of us would be asking for citizenship. I have more faith in Texas than the morons in Washington.
Well said!

Old 12-05-2015, 08:44 PM

38,931 posts, read 24,031,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Hate for America or hate the direction it's headed?
More like fear, just like the LAST TIME nations seceded from the union.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:46 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,532,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Amen, brother.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:52 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,197,251 times
It appears that the OP dislikes Texas, so why not let them go if you find them so offensive?

It cracks me up when statists get all patriotic when a state threatens to leave, but when it's time to protect our country from corrupt politicians they are nowhere to be found, well, they can be found voting for the dems.

Are the yworried that Texas will become succesful and show their social experiment to be a failure?

Old 12-05-2015, 09:20 PM

38,931 posts, read 24,031,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
It appears that the OP dislikes Texas, so why not let them go if you find them so offensive?

It cracks me up when statists get all patriotic when a state threatens to leave, but when it's time to protect our country from corrupt politicians they are nowhere to be found, well, they can be found voting for the dems.

Are the yworried that Texas will become succesful and show their social experiment to be a failure?
That is because of the issues that happened the last time we saw secession in America. We saw a war with some of the largest casualty amounts we have ever seen.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:22 PM

4,521 posts, read 4,680,255 times
I think Obama and most liberals would be more than happy to let Texas go if Texans decided to seceed. I think what would happen, the United States would get all the military bases out of Texas. More than a few of the companies who moved their headquarters here would leave. The United States would build a huge wall at the Texas border, and Mexico would invadeTexas and reclaim it as it's own and change the name back to Tejas.

Before long, Texas would be begging the United States to take us back, but they would say, "nope, sorry Texas. You're on your own. Pull yourselves up your boot straps, and by the way, how's that conservative politics working out for ya now, down there in Mexico?"

It may not go down exactly like that, but it's not that far fetched, either.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:25 PM

513 posts, read 583,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Texas secession resolution passes GOP committee

Actually it passed committee, and will be voted on this weekend.

By a bunch of unpatriotic traitors. And I mean that in the way of "These idiots are fermenting rebellion which will fail, and get millions killed, just for their own personal agendas". The GOP should step in and say something.....Wonder if they will?
How very tolerant and open-minded of you to advocate genocide towards those of us who are dissatisfied with the direction in which our country is heading. Should we be forced to dig our own graves with our bare hands before you shoot us in the back of the head? And you people wonder why Democrats are viewed as the new Nazis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies