Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:37 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,651,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why is that suspicious? People put things in their trunk every day. It's nothing unusual whatsoever. Sikh's aren't muslim extremists. Wow, seriously, I can't believe you don't know that.
Let me help: How to Deal With Terrorism After the Boston Marathon Bombings - US News

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_bomb

I believe he is referring to the common use of cars to blow up large social events. Commonly used in terrorist attacks around the world. This also includes backpacks and shoes, turbans, bags, etc.

Soda cans...http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/18/middle...h-dabiq-claim/

Old 12-17-2015, 10:39 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,651,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Do you call the police every time you see a white guy enter a movie theater with a hoodie or bag on?
We might start seeing that one happen. If a suspicious guy with a hoodie and a large bag walks into a theater he might get a check up in this climate. Hopefully, he's just checked and released. It's understandable. I do believe they will start checking at abortion clinics as well. Just a heads up.

I'm not a mad fundi so I'm fine with it. No problem, check away.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:41 AM

17,410 posts, read 12,033,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
17 pages of generally good discussion later, a nugget of idiocy like this shows up . Go read through the entire discussion to understand why this is so controversial. However, let me educate you one more time on one very important fact:

Sikhs are not Middle Eastern. Sikhism is not a Middle Eastern religion. It is an Eastern religion in the same group as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Taoism. Islam is a Middle Eastern religion, also known as a Western or Abrahamic religion. Christians are more similar to Muslims than Sikhs are similar to Muslims.

Also, you clearly have no idea what a Middle Eastern man looks like. They don't wear turbans and they are not dark-skinned.

If you think profiling is so necessary, why would you support targeting people who scream "I am not a Muslim"? Isn't it a waste of law enforcement resources and time?
Just take a peek at Bin Laden. I'll wait, while you see that he does wear a turban and is dark skinned.

I love that folks that are shrieking "do something" (usually followed by "about guns") seem to be the same ones shrieking when something IS done.

So let me get this straight - we can't look at social media to find terrorists, we can't single out middle eastern men to find terrorists, we can't question anyone in a turban to find terrorists, we can't question a school project that looks like a bomb to find terrorists, and we can't call the police when something looks suspicious. Do I have that about right? Because if I do, then most of the tools at our disposal (because the govt refuses to use tools that would work, but that's for another discussion) are useless.

So get used to terrorist attacks on our soil.

While you state that Sikhs are an Eastern religion, they do have a long history in Pakistan. Where have I heard about Pakistan again? Oh yea, the CA shooter was from there.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You would call the cops on someone putting bags in the trunk of their car? Really? Well then I hope you're calling the cops every day because every day people are putting stuff in the trunk of their cars.

Ridiculous.
Just ONE week ago, we were bemoaning the missed opportunity by the CA shooters' neighbor to call in suspicious activity, possibly saving 14 lives. Which they declined to do, lest they be labeled a bigot. And..........here we go again.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
You might want to ask your wife how many people in Iran wear dastars (Sikh turbans). Probably none. Care to explain to me just what turbans have to do with the danger posed by a person? Seems like all the people involved in attacks don't wear turbans. This has nothing to do with left-wing or right-wing.
And up until the CA terrorist attack, the people involved in attacks weren't women.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:48 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,456,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Just ONE week ago, we were bemoaning the missed opportunity by the CA shooters' neighbor to call in suspicious activity, possibly saving 14 lives. Which they declined to do, lest they be labeled a bigot. And..........here we go again.

Yep ... and the same libs are singing the same song. That will continue until they are one of the victims. And yes, I too will be sorry they're gone in someone else's quest for virgins.

El Nox

Old 12-17-2015, 11:07 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,613,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
OK then. Good luck with all you have going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Let me help: How to Deal With Terrorism After the Boston Marathon Bombings - US News

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_bomb

I believe he is referring to the common use of cars to blow up large social events. Commonly used in terrorist attacks around the world. This also includes backpacks and shoes, turbans, bags, etc.

Soda cans...ISIS says photo shows bomb on Russian plane - CNN.com
Quote:
Better get crackin' guys. I assume you'll be spending 24/7 on your phone calling in suspicious activity of people putting things in their trunks. However will you get anything else done?

Old 12-17-2015, 02:31 PM

73,180 posts, read 63,013,624 times
And what it tells me is this. In times of fear, people will give up essential liberties to have temporary security.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Better get crackin' guys. I assume you'll be spending 24/7 on your phone calling in suspicious activity of people putting things in their trunks. However will you get anything else done?
So let me get this straight - because you think profiling is wrong, we shouldn't report anything? Do I have that about right? If we don't call in grandma putting her knitting in the trunk, we have no business calling in about men with turbans putting bags in their trunk at a sporting event?

Brilliant.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,613,550 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight - because you think profiling is wrong, we shouldn't report anything? Do I have that about right? If we don't call in grandma putting her knitting in the trunk, we have no business calling in about men with turbans putting bags in their trunk at a sporting event?

Brilliant.
Let me get this straight:you believe putting items into a trunk is suspicious. I really hope you refrain from doing so in the future or some henny penny is going to be calling the cops on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies