Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 07:22 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How incredibly forgiving right wingers are when it's one of their own. You should go support those guys turning into popsicles in Burns, OR.
Hahahaaaaa.....pknopp right winger.....LOL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Did you support OWS?
Yes and no (more on the no side, but they still have right), just as you support this crowd in oregon...

Old 01-05-2016, 07:28 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who cares how long the town was going to bring them food? You were a devout OWS supporter....you should be loving this....
What are you talking about? Show me one post I've made about OWS.

Yes, I'm enjoying the ridiculousness of these guys and the Bundys and their Tea Party supporters will be the source of comedy for a long time.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm enjoying the ridiculousness of these guys and the Bundys and their Tea Party supporters will be the source of comedy for a long time.
As many others...including me, however, where are they associated with the tea party? Show us...

Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM

Patriot Can’t Wait To Go Fight Gubmint With Oregon Militia, Just Needs Welfare Check First «

This is a guy that wants to join the militia in Oregon if only he had his government check.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:49 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Patriot Can’t Wait To Go Fight Gubmint With Oregon Militia, Just Needs Welfare Check First «

This is a guy that wants to join the militia in Oregon if only he had his government check.
Too, too funny. Reminds me of the Tea Party sign that said, "Government, keep your hands off my Medicare!" Too, too funny.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Too, too funny. Reminds me of the Tea Party sign that said, "Government, keep your hands off my Medicare!" Too, too funny.
It's epic. And the parodies are endless. Internet Hilariously Skewers Militia Leader's 'Daddy Swore An Oath' Video

These guys are getting humiliated and since they don't have power, they probably don't even know it. Wait until they realize they're missing the playoffs this weekend.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:55 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I've heard that one of the fires that burned federal land, that the Hammonds had permission from the BLM, the other fire was a burn back to prevent a wild fire from spreading onto the Hammond's property were their farm was located. If a wild fire is threatening your farm, you can kind of understand why you wouldn't wait for permission from the government to take action to save your farm.

Lets not forget that nobody was harmed, and the fires improved the federal lands that were burned. Is this really the actions of terrorist, and is there a need to these people to serve 5 years in prison?

Maybe you should read the court documents and eye witness accounts before you make up your own facts. The 140 acres of federal land was out of service for 2 years.

"The jury convicted both of the Hammonds of using fire to destroy federal property for a 2001 arson known as the Hardie-Hammond Fire, located in the Steens Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

The jury also convicted Steven Hammond of using fire to destroy federal property regarding a 2006 arson known as the Krumbo Butte Fire located in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and Steen Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. An August lightning storm started numerous fires and a burn ban was in effect while BLM firefighters fought those fires. Despite the ban, without permission or notification to BLM, Steven Hammond started several “back fires” in an attempt save the ranch’s winter feed. The fires burned onto public land and were seen by BLM firefighters camped nearby. The firefighters took steps to ensure their safety and reported the arsons."

Eastern Oregon Ranchers Convicted of Arson Resentenced to Five Years in Prison | USAO-OR | Department of Justice

Old 01-05-2016, 07:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
It's epic. And the parodies are endless. Internet Hilariously Skewers Militia Leader's 'Daddy Swore An Oath' Video

These guys are getting humiliated and since they don't have power, they probably don't even know it. Wait until they realize they're missing the playoffs this weekend.
Yeah, I saw those, "Daddy swore an oath" spoofs earlier. Funny stuff.

Twitter is having a great laugh at their expense as well: #YallQuaeda, #VanillaISIS, #YeeHawdist, #YokelHaram, and my personal favorite, #CowTippingTerrorists.

These guys are laughingstocks being mocked at every turn. I think it started when they put out a desperate call for snacks.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:58 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:

So are you say a disability check is welfare?

So if you believe that the government shouldn't seize large tracks of land, you therefore shouldn't believe people should be eligible of disability? I don't follow that logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies