Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:50 AM

497 posts, read 427,874 times

Advertisements

The people in this article are not indicative of the West as whole, they are indicative of militias. Have lived in the West and East, I would not say the Feds are not more or less popular in one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
You cannot raise any reasonable number of cattle without using BLM land due to the major % of land they own.

The west is controlled by militias? That must be why the fed is so popular in the west.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:51 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
The people in this article are not indicative of the West as whole.
Who said otherwise? All I said is the fed is not popular in the west, you disagree? Its major land ownership is certainly a part to this dislike.

The fed owns land in the west to make sure us east coasters can go look at grazing land? lol

Old 01-03-2016, 11:51 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Can we start with your property?
I'm so confused by your arguments. I thought you were all for taking other's land?

And since you want to seize federal government lands, we can just start with the land they seized from Natives and gave to whites under Homestead Acts. Then we'll deal with the property the federal government still holds.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:55 AM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Purchased the land from the federal government? The federal government that controls massive swaths of the west and will never give up that land?

Actually I'm wrong his parents were never even there until 1950's it was BLM land before he was even using the land. The guy is just sore that he can't make a living running cattle on BLM land been known for years.
Bundy Ranch Fact Check - Cliven Bundy's Cattle & The BLM | Fact and Myth

“The Bundy’s have worked and maintained this land since 1877!”

As shown above, this has been US government property since before Bundy’s alleged ancestors began settling here. However, it turns out that Bundy’s “1877” claims was in fact bogus. An investigation by KLAS-TV Las Vegas reveals that Bundy’s parents moved from Arizona to Nevada and bought the 160-acre ranch in 1948, from its previous owners. The Bundy’s wouldn’t begin using this land for their cattle to graze until the 1950’s.

From KLAS-TV:

Clark County Recorder documents show the 160-acre Bunkerville ranch Bundy calls home was purchased by his parents, David and Bodel Bundy, from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt on Jan. 5, 1948. The purchase included the transfer to the Bundys of certain water rights, including water from the nearby Virgin River. Cliven Bundy was born in 1946.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Actually I'm wrong his parents were never even there until 1950's it was BLM land before he was even using the land. The guy is just sore that he can't make a living running cattle on BLM land been known for years.
Bundy Ranch Fact Check - Cliven Bundy's Cattle & The BLM | Fact and Myth

“The Bundy’s have worked and maintained this land since 1877!”

As shown above, this has been US government property since before Bundy’s alleged ancestors began settling here. However, it turns out that Bundy’s “1877” claims was in fact bogus. An investigation by KLAS-TV Las Vegas reveals that Bundy’s parents moved from Arizona to Nevada and bought the 160-acre ranch in 1948, from its previous owners. The Bundy’s wouldn’t begin using this land for their cattle to graze until the 1950’s.

From KLAS-TV:

Clark County Recorder documents show the 160-acre Bunkerville ranch Bundy calls home was purchased by his parents, David and Bodel Bundy, from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt on Jan. 5, 1948. The purchase included the transfer to the Bundys of certain water rights, including water from the nearby Virgin River. Cliven Bundy was born in 1946.
What does that have to do with anything we are discussing at the moment?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I'm so confused by your arguments. I thought you were all for taking other's land?

And since you want to seize federal government lands, we can just start with the land they seized from Natives and gave to whites under Homestead Acts. Then we'll deal with the property the federal government still holds.
No I am all for the fed giving up control of half of the west that they control for what reason exactly? Control? Power?

Old 01-03-2016, 12:06 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
No I am all for the fed giving up control of half of the west that they control for what reason exactly? Control? Power?
Well, let's take a look at New Mexico, for instance (when you asked the question, I was wondering where all the Indian Reservations were).
http://www.worldofmaps.net/typo3temp...ations-map.png

Reservations AZ & NM
http://web.ovu.edu/missions/indians/swindbig.jpg

Old 01-03-2016, 12:09 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
So there was no evidence of poaching? Just a .gov claim?
Conveniently, the fire that was started in order to destroy the evidence of poaching destroyed the evidence of poaching.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:11 PM

497 posts, read 427,874 times
And who exactly should they give it to? And how would this be better for me and the rest of the residents of the west?

Quote:

Old 01-03-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Conveniently, the fire that was started in order to destroy the evidence of poaching destroyed the evidence of poaching.
I am not so sure which party it was convenient for. Lighting a fire on your own property as well as federal property you have rights to because you harvested a couple deer instead of the thousands upon thousands of pounds of cattle you have? Interesting play calling on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies