Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:50 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times

Advertisements

Russia Receives Lowest Approval in World; U.S. Highest

Russia in 2014 earned the lowest approval ratings globally for the eighth consecutive year and posted the highest disapproval ratings it has received to date. U.S. leadership received the highest approval rating in the world, with the median 45% approval topping ratings of the leadership of the European Union, Germany, Russia and China -- as it has most years since 2009.

Disapproval ratings towards Russia, among several of its bigger neighbors:
89% of Norwegians
86% of Finns
82% of Swedes
81% of Germans and Ukrainians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 08:13 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I do not agree with this. I do not believe Obama is a Muslim either, more of an atheist is what I think even though I think he hates Christians more than he does Muslims.

But I think he holds most Americans in contempt and is embarrassed with us. That is what I believe. We have an angry, paranoid little man in our most important job and he was put there because of political correctness. If it would have been a white guy this would have been vetted during or before the campaign.

Obama does not love this country, I think he is disgusted with it. Maybe he has his reasons but it is what it is and that is not good for us.
When using pure emotional statements like "[he] is embarrassed with us" and "Obama does not love this country" it shows you don't have claims that can be substantiated. Only feelings... In many cases the type of pure hate directed at this president can be directly contributed to prejudice. The Tea Party often uses these same type of "feelings" in opposition. But most level headed people see right through it...

Old 01-08-2016, 08:32 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Russia Receives Lowest Approval in World; U.S. Highest

Russia in 2014 earned the lowest approval ratings globally for the eighth consecutive year and posted the highest disapproval ratings it has received to date. U.S. leadership received the highest approval rating in the world, with the median 45% approval topping ratings of the leadership of the European Union, Germany, Russia and China -- as it has most years since 2009.

Disapproval ratings towards Russia, among several of its bigger neighbors:
89% of Norwegians
86% of Finns
82% of Swedes
81% of Germans and Ukrainians
We do have the finest propaganda machine in the world. Only the US could make a movie anout a sniper that was as cuddly as a teddy bear.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:13 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
We do have the finest propaganda machine in the world. Only the US could make a movie anout a sniper that was as cuddly as a teddy bear.
I never saw that movie. Anyway, my point isn't that the U.S. is viewed positively.

It is that Russia's neighbors are clearly aware of the threat posed by the Russian leadership. Norwegians and Finns (as well as Estonians and Poles, who were not on the list) are unambiguously concerned about Russia's aggressive, expansionist agenda. That concern isn't the result of American propaganda.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:24 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's starting to dawn on me that the Russians seem to be telling the world more truth about what is happening in the middle east than our government is. They seem to have a more clear purpose and they seem to be actually trying to do the right thing. I have no idea what the US is doing against ISIS.

The Russians have been establishing their credibility for me for some time now. They have surprised me in more than a few issues, even though I still think that Putin is a corrupt thug...I do think he loves his country and is loyal to it. I have no faith in the loyalty of our President who I think is thinking about his own place in the world, not our place as a nation in the world.

The Russian passenger plane that was brought down. I thought for sure Putin would use that as PR to launch more military force when they did the exact opposite. Their investigation was clear and complete and they really didn't make any statements except they were working to get to the truth.

Then the Russians said that the US is attacking the wrong targets and helping ISIS. I scoffed at that at first. Typical Russians I thought being raised during the Cold War. Then other reports from our allies came out, like the Iraqi Army saying they witnessed US planes dropping supplies on ISIS controlled area. US airstrikes that either missed their targets or hit the wrong targets. COME ON, this doesn't happen in today's modern military!

So really, what is happening to our country? We do not seem to be doing right by the world anymore.
You have "no idea what the US is doing against ISIS"???? Then you don't want to know. You disrespect our military more than Obama, they've been killing ISIS members by the thousands in several countries for awhile now.

Then you are surprised when US hits the wrong targets because it doesn't happen in the modern military? Again, are you Rip van Winkle? It never stopped happening, hell, US deaths from friendly fire are regular and constant. Just give it up.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:10 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The League of Nations and the UN have been big flops.

The UN in particular has a majority of impoverished, despotic, dysfunctional, corrupt, backwards and undemocratic countries that routinely violate basic human rights.

They should certainly not be the world's police.

That leaves us.

I myself say keep Third World immigrants out, build a star wars type missile shield, and let the rest of the world destroy itself if it so chooses.
UN was created great bloodshed, but you ignore this fact. United States does not listen to the UN when attacked Serbia in 1998 and Iraq in 2003. And you are spending a military operation in Syria without UN resolution.
Perhaps a new organization will be established instead of the UN. The winners of a new world war will create it. And, unfortunately, the United States provoking that world war.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:17 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
UN was created great bloodshed, but you ignore this fact. United States does not listen to the UN when attacked Serbia in 1998 and Iraq in 2003. And you are spending a military operation in Syria without UN resolution.
Perhaps a new organization will be established instead of the UN. The winners of a new world war will create it. And, unfortunately, the United States provoking that world war.
And you are spending a military operation in Syria without UN resolution. Did Russia get UN approval? Cuz, they are doing the same. As for Serbia in '98 . . . riiiiiight.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
And you are spending a military operation in Syria without UN resolution. Did Russia get UN approval? Cuz, they are doing the same.
Assad is a legitimate president who was chosen in democratic elections. The UN does not overthrew his powers. He invited Russia, Russia is acting within the law. NATO are breaking the law. NATO must cooperate with the lawful authorities or to get a UN resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
As for Serbia in '98 . . . riiiiiight.
It is irrefutable facts. NATO acted against the decisions of UN Security Council.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The UN in particular has a majority of impoverished, despotic, dysfunctional, corrupt, backwards and undemocratic countries that routinely violate basic human rights.

They should certainly not be the world's police.
By the way, the Germans said something like that in the 30s of the 20th century. "Current world order is bad! We need to take a higher place!" Think about it.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:52 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Assad is a legitimate president who was chosen in democratic elections. The UN does not overthrew his powers. He invited Russia, Russia is acting within the law. NATO are breaking the law. NATO must cooperate with the lawful authorities or to get a UN resolution.

It is irrefutable facts. NATO acted against the decisions of UN Security Council.
Assad was not democratically elected. He is a dictator that made sure he would not lose the mock elections (much like Putin). Rigged elections do not make a democracy. Also, the US is not bombing any of Assad's military only ISIS/Al Qaeda. And yet another also - the same reason the international community intervenes in Syria goes for the Balkan (Serbia) War - to stop a humanitarian disaster. This is the premise of the UN Charter that also agreed that nations having a humanitarian stake in a conflict have a right to militarily intervene (and the NATO nations did). The only reason it was not brought to the UN Security Council is because Russia would have vetoed the proposal. Getting that council's approval was not necessary due to the clear language of the charter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies