Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 08:39 PM

22 posts, read 19,808 times

Advertisements

Refugee centre life: German worker's story of harassment | World | News | Daily Express

Quote:
In a searing indictment of the behavior of some refugees, the woman said her idealism has been eroded and virtually destroyed.
At first she said was enthusiastic in her role of helping process tens of thousands of migrants arriving in Germany on a weekly basis.
Now, she says she is disillusioned, disheartened and on the verge of quitting due to demands and sexual harassment.
She told Welt am sonntag newspaper she took on the role at the refugee center in Hamburg last Autumn and was "overjoyed" at the thought of "helping the refugees"
But after a few days, she said, her enthusiasm was drained away.
The woman, whose identity has been protected, said: "Of course you may not assess all refugees the same: there are many who are very friendly, happy to be here, very grateful, very willing to be integrated.
"But if I am honest, working with 90 per cent of them is rather awkward and unfortunately not as I previously thought.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Those European dumbasses deserve everything thing those worthless POS refugees give to them.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:46 PM

26,504 posts, read 15,084,039 times
She is obviously a racist bigot to claim that 90% of them make her feel awkward, sexually harass her, touch her, etc...you can't judge a culture...all cultures are equal.

/s

Old 01-21-2016, 08:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
This is not exactly how some people on here have described these people......so they are not tolerant of others and don't know women are not there for their self interests. This below is how a woman must feel safer in her own country!
She said she has gone from wearing close-fitting clothes to "wide-cut trousers" and tops with high necklines. She also wears little make-up.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 PM

21,147 posts, read 19,729,843 times
I can't imagine why Germans would be afraid of people who believe it is their duty to kill people who are not in their religion.

The Quran's Verse of Violence

Old 01-21-2016, 09:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Reality hit some of these utopian dreamers pretty hard.

But alas you cannot turn back the clock. Now they have to deal with reality.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:41 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
I've heard on TV, people are purchasing taser guns to protect themselves. I say get the real guns, not taser guns.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:15 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times
A few years back, I took in a dog that was abused by his previous owner. They were going to put him down because he wouldn't trust anyone and would snap at people.

When I took him home, he did his regular routine of barking and snapping at me very aggressively. I grabbed him, shook him, and yelled at him "stop snapping at me!" He never barked or snapped at me ever again.

Nowadays, 5 years after I adopted him and he is the most adorable dog. Anyone can play with him. Neighbor's kids love him.

I used to work for habitat for humanity. Often times, the people we tried to help would try to take as much advantage of us as they could. Why? Because that's all they know. They didn't know any better.

I've found that people who idealizes helping others (people or animals) are always greatly disappointed when they found out reality is never what they fantasized. Those of us who are truly dedicated to helping others are fully aware that more often than not when we feed those who need our help our hands at times will be bitten.

That woman in the article in the OP was just another idealistic person who thought she was living in a damn movie. Then reality hits.

Here's the thing. Just because some of these people's natural tendency is to turn around and bite the hands that feed them doesn't mean we should give up on them. Didn't your jesus say something about this?

These people came from a culture of violence and oppression. That's all they know. I know what I'm about to say may sound offensive, but trying to help these people is like trying to help the abused dog I adopted. You have to show strength as well as patience... a lot of patience.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:22 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,669,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Those European dumbasses deserve everything thing those worthless POS refugees give to them.
Yeah, and some are annoying too such as the single mom refugees with multiple children. One of 'em really just fits that bad image and stereotype.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:25 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
These are human beings and not dogs. They should know better, unless they are behaving like animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies