Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 10:33 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
A few years back, I took in a dog that was abused by his previous owner. They were going to put him down because he wouldn't trust anyone and would snap at people.

When I took him home, he did his regular routine of barking and snapping at me very aggressively. I grabbed him, shook him, and yelled at him "stop snapping at me!" He never barked or snapped at me ever again.

Nowadays, 5 years after I adopted him and he is the most adorable dog. Anyone can play with him. Neighbor's kids love him.

I used to work for habitat for humanity. Often times, the people we tried to help would try to take as much advantage of us as they could. Why? Because that's all they know. They didn't know any better.

I've found that people who idealizes helping others (people or animals) are always greatly disappointed when they found out reality is never what they fantasized. Those of us who are truly dedicated to helping others are fully aware that more often than not when we feed those who need our help our hands at times will be bitten.

That woman in the article in the OP was just another idealistic person who thought she was living in a damn movie. Then reality hits.

Here's the thing. Just because some of these people's natural tendency is to turn around and bite the hands that feed them doesn't mean we should give up on them. Didn't your jesus say something about this?

These people came from a culture of violence and oppression. That's all they know. I know what I'm about to say may sound offensive, but trying to help these people is like trying to help the abused dog I adopted. You have to show strength as well as patience... a lot of patience.
You're equating economic greed migration with oppression? Exploitative behavior, with vulnerability?

Cultures contain populations that know better than you give them credit for. You don't have a clue about the human condition. You're still trying to work out why welfare recipients are finicky eaters.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
A few years back, I took in a dog that was abused by his previous owner. They were going to put him down because he wouldn't trust anyone and would snap at people.

When I took him home, he did his regular routine of barking and snapping at me very aggressively. I grabbed him, shook him, and yelled at him "stop snapping at me!" He never barked or snapped at me ever again.

Nowadays, 5 years after I adopted him and he is the most adorable dog. Anyone can play with him. Neighbor's kids love him.

I used to work for habitat for humanity. Often times, the people we tried to help would try to take as much advantage of us as they could. Why? Because that's all they know. They didn't know any better.

I've found that people who idealizes helping others (people or animals) are always greatly disappointed when they found out reality is never what they fantasized. Those of us who are truly dedicated to helping others are fully aware that more often than not when we feed those who need our help our hands at times will be bitten.

That woman in the article in the OP was just another idealistic person who thought she was living in a damn movie. Then reality hits.

Here's the thing. Just because some of these people's natural tendency is to turn around and bite the hands that feed them doesn't mean we should give up on them. Didn't your jesus say something about this?

These people came from a culture of violence and oppression. That's all they know. I know what I'm about to say may sound offensive, but trying to help these people is like trying to help the abused dog I adopted. You have to show strength as well as patience... a lot of patience.
"Refugee Shaker" may be a new job category. It do think it would get a lot of applicants if addvertized properly. So many great opportunities in this new economy.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:39 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Maybe this is too logical, but why not only have male workers work with the male refugees, and female workers work with female refugees? Or would that just make too much sense?

Old 01-22-2016, 02:00 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,545,888 times
Quote:

I hear what your trying to say... however, there's been little evidence that anyone has the backbone to shake people from another culture to compliance and assimilation into their own.

Congratulations though for turning your stray into an obedient companion.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:07 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:

The problem is, most on the left are unwilling to admit that there is a severe problem among Muslim migrants, let alone that Islamic Culture generally speaking accepts the mistreatment of women.

If someone were to advocate training all Muslim migrants not to rape, someone on the left would cry racist. And even with the training there would still be problems.

I would be more willing to accept large numbers of these immigrants if liberals were honest and admitted that special training was needed for assimilation.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Just what segment of the LEFT are you talking about? I am a leftist and as far as I am concerned the refugees either conform to the laws and customs of their host countries or GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM! This should not be negotiable.

Given the example of MetroWorld provided it is apparent that a dog has enough sense to listen but it is blindingly apparent that the human pests infesting Europe too stubborn or too stupid. The Europeans desperately need to close the door and start shipping the recalcitrant back to their countries no matter their fate.

the same applies to places in the US that are attempting to impose Sharia Law. there is ONE LAW in this country and if you do not obey it you can get the Hell out and stay the Hell out.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:50 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:

I'd agree but; unlike dogs, adult humans especially have "free will and choice" so, IF they act stupid, they need to just suck it up when put in their place. Muslim or not Muslim.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:50 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
Quote:

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting" - Norman Schwarzkopf

There's a big difference between training a dog that might snap at you and dealing with a refugee invasion that threatens your lives and safety of the women in your community. We don't have to surrender ourselves to violence and abuse because of some false sense of duty to a foreign people who would kill us first chance they get. Sorry, but no.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Just what segment of the LEFT are you talking about? I am a leftist and as far as I am concerned the refugees either conform to the laws and customs of their host countries or GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM! This should not be negotiable.

Given the example of MetroWorld provided it is apparent that a dog has enough sense to listen but it is blindingly apparent that the human pests infesting Europe too stubborn or too stupid. The Europeans desperately need to close the door and start shipping the recalcitrant back to their countries no matter their fate.

the same applies to places in the US that are attempting to impose Sharia Law. there is ONE LAW in this country and if you do not obey it you can get the Hell out and stay the Hell out.
Agreed tho some of the "libs" here on CDF will call you a white supremacist, intolerant and a bunch of other dishonest labels even tho "Muslim" ain't a race.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:38 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,337,220 times
Quote:

Comparing human behavior to that of a dog is, for a better term, like comparing apples and oranges. You can't put everything in this world into simple terms that are easy to understand. People are a complex and emotional mess. Do not confused them with a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies