Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2016, 03:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I haven't followed it too closely in recent days, did they threaten LEOs? I've seen them say they would defend themselves if attacked, but not threaten to kill LEOs.

Also it's hard to distinguish between the real members of the group, and the plants.

I would agree that nothing they did was wise, and they would have been much better served by taking a more legal approach to their protests.

I don't see how they could be considered terrorist. They have so far been peaceful.

Webster defines terrorism as,

terrorism: the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal
There is video of Shawn telling others to come help them and kill any LEO or fed that tries to stop them from getting in.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:34 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I haven't followed it too closely in recent days, did they threaten LEOs? I've seen them say they would defend themselves if attacked, but not threaten to kill LEOs.
They were illegally present and told to leave. They refused. Next step would be to send LEO to forcibly evict them, because that's how the law works. If at that point you've declared "you will defend yourself when attacked", law enforcement is not obliged to risk their lives to see if a forcible eviction will be considered an "attack". The threat is implicit.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72MJLxSTiGM

Yeah, no threats here.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:49 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The tubby guy is Sean Anderson, the one who is right now, on live feed, claiming then never threatened anyone, and it's unfair that they will not be allowed to simply walk out of there and go home. Because they never, ever threatened anybody!

I guess he doesn't realize that when you broadcast stuff, it's out there for everyone to see. Moron.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:54 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Here's the current live feed if anyone is interested in hearing them whining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-evPvwzaY

Old 01-30-2016, 04:03 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theytookourjerbs View Post
Actually, I'm convinced it was. It's entirely possible the FBI duped Palmer into setting up the meeting, with the idea Bundy and company would never reach it. However, based on a photo I saw at a roadblock, Palmer was not at the venue, but rather out at a roadblock. Oregonlive.com had a still photo of Palmer, at a roadblock, with a shotgun. I hardly think he was out there to shoot fellow LEOs. So I think it's equally possible one of two things happened:

1. Palmer said what he said about the Hammonds in order to lull Bundy, et al, into a false sense of security. After all, they'd been making supply runs into Burns for weeks. Palmer could have been in on it from the beginning.

2. The FBI, knowing Palmer was sympathetic to the terrorists, went to him and asked him to set up the meeting in John Day, and told him the Bundy group would get safe passage. Then, unbeknownst to Palmer, the bust was made and someone got the news to Palmer, in John Day.

I think door #2 is less likely, as I'm sure the FBI would not like the taste of lying to a fellow LEO. If #2 is correct, the FBI will get much less cooperation from Palmer in the future. Now, whether they care about that, your guess is as good as mine.

However, I agree with the poster who said the FBI must have thought it was Christmas when the Bundys and the, "leadership group," headed north toward John Day. They picked an excellent place to stop them, because, to paraphrase Pete Clemenza, there were no pain in the ass innocent bystanders.

I'm convinced Finicum was reaching for a gun (inside pocket of a winter coat is a stupid place to put it), because he realized he WAS going to be heading to prison, and as he had stated, he'd rather die than do that. So he got what he wanted.

I think it's interesting and telling that the judge in Portland denied bail for the Bundys and most of the others arrested on that road.

I wonder if they're getting gummi dicks and dildos sent to the jailhouse, yet?
Palmer is already in deep trouble with the so-called "patriots" because of the roadblock. A lot of them think he's an FBI informant after photos allegedly showed him at the roadblock. I think the FBI set him up, too, to destroy his cred in the patriot thug community.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
Too bad the domestic terrorists didn't meet a fitting end. You and I have different ideas of what are domestic terrorists. People petitioning the government for a redress of grievances pursuant to the 1st Amendment are not it.
That's why God created lawyers. Petitions are done through legal channels to protect everyone involved and their rights. Just because you don't get the answer you want doesn't mean you have been discriminated against.

If the standoff means so much, why aren't you out there with the remaining four? They would certainly welcome some help. Sandy Anderson has asked on FB, but everyone was busy washing their hair this weekend.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And the beauty of it is that they documented every crime and sent it out over live streaming. Not the sharpest tools in the shed, this bunch.
Maybe they're hoping for a reduction in their sentences for making the trial so quick and easy to prosecute.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
They walked in unopposed. How is that "forcefully taking over a building"? You anti-gun nuts are too much, LOL!
So if I see an unoccupied building, I am within my rights to march in and make myself at home?

Interesting.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So if I see an unoccupied building, I am within my rights to march in and make myself at home?

Interesting.
I hear the bank is closed on Sunday. Maybe we can occupy the first federal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies