Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:38 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
Oy, only 3 pages into the CD diatribe and wonder, did anyone read the Bill?

It simply states that anyone in a district's direct or non-direct employ is not allow to provide counsel to a minor on the topic of human sexuality, without notifying the parent(s) or guardians(s) of those minors seeking counsel, period.

Nothing about LGBT whatsoever... LGBT demands equally treatment and are getting here , in spades...

The fact it's effective immediately leads me to believe that there is precedent for liability. Minors actively engaged in some things within the spectrum of human sexuality (like it or not) may or may not be violating certain aspects of the law.

Logically (in the opinion of the State), confidentiality of details (that may violate State law) should not extend to minors without parental notification. They can still get all the counseling they want or need right?

I'm depressed/ suicidal
I'm being bullied b/c I'm LGBT
I'm pregnant
I've been **** shamed

Based on the Bill these topics can all be discussed in confidentiality until the discussion moves to 'who did (sexual)what with (or to) who'.

The Bill is intended to establish necessary guidelines to protect the State, the counselors and yes, the kids. nothing more.
thank you. I should have read this before posting.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's a referral. Which is what the bill specifically forbids in cases having to do with sexuality. Nothing else. Only sexuality. One specific group of troubled youth can't be referred to people who might help them, because of the gays.

mmm... no, it doesn't.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Your disapproval of dead teenagers is conditional? That's pretty horrifying.

Nothing is absolute....
There is a time for everything in life, including killing another human, if the circumstances align.
Let nature run its coarse.

Pick your battles wisely!

Old 02-02-2016, 10:09 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nothing is absolute....
There is a time for everything in life, including killing another human, if the circumstances align.
Let nature run its coarse.

Pick your battles wisely!
Yes, all those homophobes will die. Nature's got it's way.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:29 AM

1,110 posts, read 673,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I read the bill; it sounded too fantastical for me not to read it.

Shouldn't it be the same across the board? If a minor child of yours is getting a referral to attend psychological counseling for anything, shouldn't you as the parent be notified?
Yes, I think parental notification should be across the board whether they are referred or seeking help. Not necessarily notified WHY at the onset, just notified THAT its happening (which introduces an opportunity to open a dialog/ test the waters)

Counseling should then be focused on conflict resolution AND whether that conflict is within or outside the home, how to best approach options/ resolutions.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes, all those homophobes will die. Nature's got it's way.

As we go back to natures way of culling the weak and the freaks....

If you are a freak, you better not be weak.
Remember, we were talking about counseling about gay suicide.

If they are weak, they have a better chance they will die.
The stronger they are, the better their survival rate becomes.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:59 AM

Instead of teaching the kids these days how to get out of a bad situation as calmly as possible, the kids are over protected from a bad situation and have no clue how to deal with it, but ending their lives.....
Parenting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies