Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 07:21 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
There isn't a black democratic candidate this election. Have you not been paying attention?

Are you implying that because Carson is a GOP candidate that there are no racist conservatives?
There are racist liberals, as well. Even more so this year as there are NO minority Dem candidates whatsoever.

Perhaps Obama's presidency has made liberals even more racist than they were before...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 07:23 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times
Quote:
I'll bite.

I voted for him.
I believed that he could do what he promised and that changes were so desperately needed. The fact that he's black was great, too.
I'd vote for him again, yes - in a heartbeat!
The bigots in our country have lost their collective minds. Because of these people not being able to handle having a black president, race relations have become strained. It's pretty sad, IMHO.
My life got a lot better. I went from working in the private sector to working for DoD, and I purchased a house.
Thank you for being honest.
I don't think people don't like Obama because he's black, I think people don't like him because of his decisions, policies and the fact that he's hurt race relations more than he's help.
Instead of trying to grey the divisions between white and black, he's made them even more transparent, and has even contributed to the 'victimhood' stance that race baiters like Rev Al and Jesse Jackson so successfully play.

There's lots of white people that would have loved to have seen Condi Rice run for higher office.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:28 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where's a Dem candidate other than someone White?

In the Republican race, there's currently Hispanic, Black, and White.
Bobby Jindal? Yes, you did say currently but since the dim mantra is diversity ...

El Nox

Old 02-15-2016, 07:30 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
There are racist liberals, as well. Even more so this year as there are NO minority Dem candidates whatsoever.

Perhaps Obama's presidency has made liberals even more racist than they were before...

LOL, so wait...

Because there are no racial minority democratic presidential candidates this year, liberals are racist?

OK, InformedConsent, I'll stop wasting my time with you. I thought you were interested in an intelligent discussion.

Good day.

(I'll be back if someone's interested in discussing the OP's topic.)

Old 02-15-2016, 07:34 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Thank you for being honest.
I don't think people don't like Obama because he's black, I think people don't like him because of his decisions, policies and the fact that he's hurt race relations more than he's help.
Instead of trying to grey the divisions between white and black, he's made them even more transparent, and has even contributed to the 'victimhood' stance that race baiters like Rev Al and Jesse Jackson so successfully play.

There's lots of white people that would have loved to have seen Condi Rice run for higher office.

Hi OP,

The thing is, there ARE differences (in experiences) between blacks and whites. I think that exposing those different experiences makes some white people uncomfortable.

I'm not a huge fan of Sharpton and Jesse, so I wouldn't defend them, but I think that race relations are bad because some people get uncomfortable when certain realities are exposed.

ETA: I think it's totally reasonable to not like BO because of his policies. I just don't think that's the reason for some people.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
LOL, so wait...

Because there are no racial minority democratic presidential candidates this year, liberals are racist?
What, like that's somehow news to you?

Live and learn, dear:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Old 02-15-2016, 07:40 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:

I suspect any potential AA candidates all saw what happened inauguration night when the Rs met to plan how they were going oppose everything he said and did.

Why cast your pearls before swine?

Old 02-15-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I suspect any potential AA candidates all saw what happened inauguration night when the Rs met to plan how they were going oppose everything he said and did.

Why cast your pearls before swine?
Again, for the slow bus riders , it's ideology, not race. Have none of you ever seen the Ds in Congress oppose an R president and vice versa? So many of you foolishly act like that's never happened before. /SMH

Old 02-15-2016, 07:44 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,685 times
Quote:
People don't like Obama because of his ideology, dear, not because of his race. Note how the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year, but the Dems do not.
Well that proves it. Oh it was 8 degrees for me yesterday so Global Warming is a myth.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:47 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
People don't like Obama because of his ideology, dear, not because of his race. Note how the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year, but the Dems do not.
"the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year,"

AND had one the last election, Herman Cain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies