Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 05:39 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Excellent post!

I especially agree with the bolded. Having BO as president brought out the hatred in a lot of people. These are probably some of the same people who cry about "race relations."
But the way I see it/hear it, racial issues are usually brought up by Dems, not Repubs.

I'll say again, I don't care if BO was black, white, purple or striped. I disagree with him because of his idealogy and policies, not his skin color.

And God-forbid, if Hilary were to get elected, I would disagree with most of her policies as well, but not because she's a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 05:40 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Disgusting.

As I said, having a black president has made the bigots lose what's left of their diminished minds.

There's just as many black bigots as there are white.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:09 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
But the way I see it/hear it, racial issues are usually brought up by Dems, not Repubs.

I'll say again, I don't care if BO was black, white, purple or striped. I disagree with him because of his idealogy and policies, not his skin color.

And God-forbid, if Hilary were to get elected, I would disagree with most of her policies as well, but not because she's a woman
Exactly. Well said.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Serious questions to our black posters on CD.com:
Did you vote for Obama?
Did you really believe in 'hope and change' or were you more interested in him because he would be the first black president?
Has your life changed for the better or worse in his 8 year presidency?
Do you think race relations in the US have improved over the last 8 years?
If he could run for another term, would you vote for him?
I don't think anyone thought President Obama to be someone who would come in and specifically focus on black people, He came to office to focus on AMERICAN PEOPLE.
"Change" was based on making a world that gives opportunity to all, to promote fair play in business and finance as well as every other vestige within the American system.
This included "Affordable Health Care for All", " Banking Reforms" to give everyone who qualifies and pursue business and commercial loans a fair opportunity to get fair access and fair rates. To promote a system where work and pay is available to both gender's and all person period. Education reform to roll back the madness of Ronald Reagan's assault on higher education at community colleges and state universities. Among many other things that benefit the whole of America.

He can't control the Greed in Corporate America, who have this outsourcing obsession as a means to cut off the pathway of upward mobility for Americans.
He has tried to talk to corporate leaders to get them to understand the damages they do to cities and citizens with their greed programming.
As for Black people, as with any individual, it is about self responsibility, to prepare ones self and to push ones self forward.
He cannot control people who are caught in the loops of poverty and the ghetto's that poverty creates nor can he control the cultures of the ghettos and how it consumes people. He said: Much work is up to each individual to improve their lot in life.
Truth and fact is, It is up to the individual to look beyond their 10 block circle and see a bigger world. Whether this person is black or whites. It is up to people who live in rural areas, black or white to work toward understanding the value of unity. He cannot tell young black men to stop saggin their pants and marking up their bodies, this is something the individual has to acknowledge the negativity of such and move beyond it.

When President Obama won, there were many many anguished confederate minded people, who were angry the day he won. There is racism that some refuse to let go of, and there is social labeling that some refuse to let go of.

Being black does not mean he was ever thought to be a president to change everything for black people, or any other people; He said, "we will have to do the Change together", and everyone must hold up and stand up and do their part. He said, He cannot do it alone.

Now; why people chose to lay and lag and fall off the ships of progress, is individual choice. We have many vices in society which lay in wait for the unsuspecting, and it is to each individual to open their eyes and see beyond today, and work hard to avoid the pitfalls.
America was groomed and built with Racism- the use and abuse of others and the enrichment of some by the tormets of others, This is something that will require continuing President to continue to push to change. It is up to the Courts to continue to change the legal system and how it was designed with elements to keep and contain black people in a disenfranchised and under duress as well as unfair application of the laws as it relates to how it deal with racial elements of law enforcement. It is up to the people to challenge such madness and injustices where ever and when ever they find it. It is also up to people black and white to stand up against such age old bias and bigoted policies !!!!!! It too is up to individuals to mange the mentality they spread in their homes and communities, and think more toward "unity" and respect of all person, as simply "Americans"... not separate by skin and the racism that is derived from such classification and denotations - but to see people as people, all with the rights afforded by this Nations Constitution.

After Centuries of American madness, it is a big job, Theodore Roosevelt made good strides when industrialist of his era indentured people to low wages and terrible work conditions and the gap of wealth and poverty expanded wider, Each "People Concerned President", Kennedy, Johnson, Clinton, and President Obama has tried to push the bar and make things better one step at a time "For Average Americans", to think President Obama could flip everything at once was and is fantasy, So we give him credit for the work he has done which benefits the whole of American People.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 02-16-2016 at 07:21 AM..

Old 02-16-2016, 07:21 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Well said.
What policies? explain.....

Old 02-16-2016, 07:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
There's just as many black bigots as there are white.
How can that be, since they are only 12% of the population?

Old 02-16-2016, 07:49 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
Quote:
People don't like Obama because of his ideology, dear, not because of his race. Note how the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year, but the Dems do not.
Please, give me a break. This one of those hate the sin love the sinner BS?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:06 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
Quote:
People don't like Obama because of his ideology, dear, not because of his race. Note how the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year, but the Dems do not.
I am not convinced because there is a track record. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:31 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,726 times
Quote:
Serious questions to our black posters on CD.com:
Did you vote for Obama?
Did you really believe in 'hope and change' or were you more interested in him because he would be the first black president?
Has your life changed for the better or worse in his 8 year presidency?
Do you think race relations in the US have improved over the last 8 years?
If he could run for another term, would you vote for him?
I'll address the OP.

1. Yes.
2. "Black president" is inaccurate because he ain't black; he's a half-breed. Besides that, I thought he was a breath of fresh air back then. So yeah, "Hope and Change".
3. It's got better, but not because of anything he's done to improve it. I work in a field of employment that's hard to get into and easy to get promoted because of a lack of competition.
4. I think they have gotten worse.
5. No.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:56 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I am not convinced because there is a track record. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.
Same applies to the Black and Dem bigots. Disagreeing with Obama does not in and of itself make one a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies