Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:04 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So Chicago has practiced segregated housing for what 100+ years and somehow it is the Legacy of Obama?
How long was Obama a community organizer in Chicago? Or should I rather say a completely ineffective community organizer in Chicago?

Looked up the answer... 10+ years (1985-1997, when he ran for and was elected to the ILGA).

I would also like an explanation for why a heavily Dem city would practice segregated housing for so long, and still does to this day. Racism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 11:10 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
People don't like Obama because of his ideology, dear, not because of his race. Note how the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year, but the Dems do not.
Dr. Carson registers about 5% among Republican candidates . . . . i.e., 1 in 20 Republicans support him. And anybody can run, they don't need to be blessed by the GOP, as we have seen this cycle.

Um, in case you haven't noticed, Democrats already have a black fella in the White House . . . . we elected him like 7 years ago . . . .

Mick

Old 02-15-2016, 11:13 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
There isn't a black democratic candidate this election. Have you not been paying attention?

Are you implying that, because Carson is a GOP candidate, there are no racist conservatives?
http://www.usnews.com/dims4/USNEWS/a...080405flag.jpg

_"Tensions, fear send Cambridge principal fleeing"_
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8487051.html

"Well, when we started up the hill you could hear people saying, "******s, go home." There were signs, they had made a sign saying, "Black people stay out. We don't want any ******s in our school." And there were people on the corners holding bananas like we were apes, monkeys. "Monkeys get out, get them out of our neighborhood. We don't want you in our schools." So at that time it did frighten me somewhat, but I was more determined then to get inside South Boston High School, because of the people that were outside."
American Experience.Eyes on the Prize.Reflections | PBS

Democrats. Working to-...well,
"I'll have them n*ggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years." -LBJ

And a communist one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrrnkKmUzo

Old 02-15-2016, 11:13 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Carson is there for window dressing. He hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell. The Repubs just want people to think they aren't prejudice. We all know the truth ,from the minute Obama got elected the Repubs said publicly they wanted him to fail. They have been trying to undermine his presidency ever since. Don't kid yourself the Repubs are still hanging on to their old ways.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:14 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Do we really have to go into the grotesquely distasteful anti-Semitic posts made by Democrats here on c-d?
Many people disagree with the tactics of the Israeli GOVERNMENT. It's not our fault that Israel is a theocracy.

I have never read a 'grotesquely distasteful...' post from a Democrat. However, there are thousands of posts damning Obama and even his wife and children posted by Republicans.

I personally do not like the tactics of the Israeli government toward the Palestinians but that doesn't mean I don't like Jews. Again, they are a theocracy. Are there any Christians or Muslims in their government? Even if there are, I would still disagree on some of their policies.

But, conservatives are always ready to jump on, literally, one word of a post to extrapolate the most amazing and ridiculous conclusions from that one word.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Dr. Carson registers about 5% among Republican candidates . . . . i.e., 1 in 20 Republicans support him. And anybody can run, they don't need to be blessed by the GOP, as we have seen this cycle.

Um, in case you haven't noticed, Democrats already have a black fella in the White House . . . . we elected him like 7 years ago . . . .

Mick
And... he's doing such an abysmal job that the Dems wouldn't offer another Black candidate? Only lily Whites? Seems that's what you're trying to say.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
How long was Obama a community organizer in Chicago? Or should I rather say a completely ineffective community organizer in Chicago?

Looked up the answer... 10+ years (1985-1997, when he ran for and was elected to the ILGA).

I would also like an explanation for why a heavily Dem city would practice segregated housing for so long, and still does to this day. Racism?
I notice you didn't offer an explanation for why the 100+ years of segregation in Chicago is Obama's fault?

To the extent you offered any explanation I noticed that you have implied that the segregation is the fault of someone who would be subject to the segregation (ie blame the victim).

I certainly have never claimed that Democrats can't be racist, particularly right-wing Democrats who opposed the civil rights movement.

I also was in Chicago when a lot of Democrats voted for the Republican mayoral candidate for the first time in their lives when the Democratic nominee was an African-American.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:27 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times
Quote:
People don't like Obama because of his ideology, dear, not because of his race. Note how the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year, but the Dems do not.
Repblicans have a candidate for the nomination this year that has black skin...big difference

Old 02-15-2016, 11:28 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times
Quote:
Where's a Dem candidate other than someone White?

In the Republican race, there's currently Hispanic, Black, and White.
Hispanic...LOL

Old 02-15-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I notice you didn't offer an explanation for why the 100+ years of segregation in Chicago is Obama's fault?
So... exactly what were his accomplishments for his 10+ year community organizing career?

Still important to note that a VERY Dem city is HIGHLY racially segregated and always has been.

Quote:
I also was in Chicago when a lot of Democrats voted for the Republican mayoral candidate for the first time in their lives when the Democratic nominee was an African-American.
Harold Washington? He helped Blacks in Chicago how? Less housing segregation? Less school segregation? Less of an income, wealth, or employment gap? What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies