Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 10:00 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Do you understand how discrimination works? It can happen in the now and present, it doesn't matter if it happened to someone in his family 50 years ago. New immigrants get discriminated against all the time.

People here seem to forget the point of affirmative action, it's so 2 qualified people have the same chance of getting a job, and one doesn't get passed over because of their race. There is nothing wrong with that. It has nothing to do with where one's family came from or how long they have been here. We're not talking about reparations for past sins, we're talking about equal chance to the same job.

You couldn`t be more wrong!

The point to Affirmative Action is to preserve the old boys network so that white fat cat fathers can hand down wealth and status to white fat cat sons while the white males born into poverty suffer lost opportunity because of privilege that has never been theirs.

Leftist love it because they hate white males regardless of their economic and social standing.

Blacks and women love it because they get free stuff.

The wealthy love it because it does nothing to interfere with our unofficial cast system.

Democrats love it because they can buy votes with it and still keep their wealthy donors happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 10:15 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

The point to Affirmative Action is to preserve the old boys network so that white fat cat fathers can hand down wealth and status to white fat cat sons while the white males born into poverty suffer lost opportunity because of privilege that has never been theirs.

Leftist love it because they hate white males regardless of their economic and social standing.

The wealthy love it because it does nothing to interfere with our unofficial cast system.

Democrats love it because they can buy votes with it and still keep their wealthy donors happy.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You forgot all about the Re Pub I Can't now didn't you????

So you trend to believe that everyone hates White Males ,
well how many White Males have been Lynched and
castrated during a hate crime , I'm just wondering?

Last edited by Howest2008; 02-25-2016 at 11:19 PM..

Old 02-26-2016, 05:04 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You forgot all about the Re Pub I Can't now didn't you????

So you trend to believe that everyone hates White Males ,
well how many White Males have been Lynched and
castrated during a hate crime , I'm just wondering?

How many blacks have attacked or killed whites out of hatred and it's never been called a hate crime.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:59 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
How many blacks have attacked or killed whites out of hatred and it's never been called a hate crime.

How many whites have performed a lynching on a black pregnant woman or black youth or man and it has not been called a hate crime?

Old 02-26-2016, 08:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
How many whites have performed a lynching on a black pregnant woman or black youth or man and it has not been called a hate crime?
Why It's So Hard to Talk to White People About Racism

Although I would say it's more of a white male, than white female problem since it is white men who are the decision makers in this country. I've found white women are more likely to try and understand and empathize with different people, as opposed to right-wing white men who are "my way or the highway" types. You're never going to change their minds, they're too set in their ways.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:18 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Not too....many!!!

Old 02-26-2016, 10:28 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why It's So Hard to Talk to White People About Racism

Although I would say it's more of a white male, than white female problem since it is white men who are the decision makers in this country. I've found white women are more likely to try and understand and empathize with different people, as opposed to right-wing white men who are "my way or the highway" types. You're never going to change their minds, they're too set in their ways.
Why people like me don't really give a damn about your feelings, but the facts are certainly plain as day:

Old 02-27-2016, 07:56 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
None that I know of since the term "hate crime" was invented.

Is this a hate crime? It's racially motivated, but it's not being called that. Why not?

Marine Bronze Star recipient from iconic Fallujah photo attacked at a D.C. McDonald's

Old 02-27-2016, 08:29 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
How would anyone know if they benefited from affirmative action? Are hiring managers stamping offer letters with a big red "AA" to notify applicants that they are an AA hire? Any normal person would believe they got hired for their credentials.

I guess you never heard of quotas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies