Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper View Post
I suspect bush will go down as the greatest president of the first half of the twenty first century. Considering the next President may be Hillary or Obama thre may only be two to choose from as to who was the best.
Either one of these two will make GW look like the best President in our history.
With the current congress being the worst ever recorded and one of these two it will be a certain lose-lose situation for us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 01:03 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,959,483 times
No he shouldn't.. its not like he had sex in the oval office or anything.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:42 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
No he shouldn't.. its not like he had sex in the oval office or anything.
It's not having sex that's the problem. It's who he has it with, and whether or not he lies about it before a grand jury.

The fact that the President is getting it on with a twenty-something intern and taking advantage of the power differential between the President of the United States and a White House intern should never be allowed to tarnish his credentals as a supporter of feminism.

It does, however, apparently qualify his wife as a Presidential candidate.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:17 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,959,483 times
yeah the "or anything" pretty much covered that. lol. but thanks for spelling it out. =)

Old 02-10-2008, 04:35 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Perhaps spending less time on the internet would improve your financial situation.
I don't need any more improving of my financial situation.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
Maybe it has something to do with just paying my part. Are you going to chase me across the whole forum and talk about taxes? Wanna come over and see my check book?
I would hope that you haven't got your vast holdings sitting in a checking account.

Quote:
I am not in the dark. I know that Irag is a trickle down from 9/11. Pull your head our of the sand and get real.
Okay, the very late stages of dusk, then. There wasn't any relationship between Iraq/Saddam and 9/11 at all. The Bushies lied about that. Like virtually everything else. Did you know that lying to Congress is an impeachable offense? Future historians will write chapters about how two guys who committed blatant impeachable offenses were not impeached, while a guy in between was impeached for no reason at all. Go figure.

Quote:
Stop listening to what someone else tells you and figure it out for yourself.
I get paid for figuring stuff out myself and then telling someone else about it. But of course I don't let all that income sit in my checking account...

Old 02-10-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The best time to have gotten rid of President Bush was his reelection in 2004, but then Americans refused to hold Bush accountable for his misdeeds in office.
He was lazy, and he was extremely guilty of poor decision-making. Instead of holding him personally responsible and accountable, the right-wingers re-elected him...at $400K per year.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Impeach for what? He has not broken any laws that constitute impeachment that I know of.
Then you don't know of his lying to Congress via the deliberate transmission of intelligence known to be false, or his felony violations of FISA in the NSA domestic security program, or his willful violations of the UN Charter and Geneva Conventions, each made by Article 6 of the Constitution equal to itself in standing as the supreme law of the land. You probably aren't aware that numerous articles of impeachment based on charges of abuse of powers and obstruction of justice could be brought as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I think we need to really impeach the newly elected congress for making a mockery of our system and becoming the embarrassment of the world.
True, the behavior of Mr. McConnell and the Senate Republicans has been a disgrace and an international embarrassment. Such corruption of the expressed will of the people has rarely been seen in the history of the republic. But why should we have expected any more from these people? Their behavior however, while deplorable, does not rise to the levels required for impeachment. It is important, after all, to have and maintain standards. At least if you aren't a neocon, it is...

Old 02-10-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper View Post
I suspect bush will go down as the greatest president of the first half of the twenty first century.
I don't know. We managed to get through 200+ years without having one this bad. We ought to be able to make it through a crummy 42 going forward from here...

Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's not having sex that's the problem. It's who he has it with, and whether or not he lies about it before a grand jury.
These allegations were long ago filed in the same drawer as yellow-cake and aluminum tubes.

Quote:
The fact that the President is getting it on with a twenty-something intern and taking advantage of the power differential between the President of the United States and a White House intern should never be allowed to tarnish his credentals as a supporter of feminism.
As most people will recall, it was she who pursued him, but I guess twisting the facts does make for a better story.

Quote:
It does, however, apparently qualify his wife as a Presidential candidate.
I believe that Mrs. Clinton has reached the age of 35 years. She is therefore qualified as a Presidential candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies