Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 04:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post

Just leave their commie attitudes in commieland, and I'm sure everything will be just fine for them.
Commie attitudes? In Orange County?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 06:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Carl's Jr. HQ Moving From Calif. to Nashville; Press Avoids Saying Why

For years, Andrew F. Puzder, the CEO of CKE Restaurants, the parent company of the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's fast-food chains, has been telling the world that while the U.S. government makes life needlessly miserable for businesses, California, where it has been headquartered, is exponentially worse.

This week, CKE announced that it is moving its headquarters to Nashville, Tennessee.

In June 2013, Puzder told the Wall Street Journal that his chain would not expand in California because the state "is not interested in having businesses grow," noting among many other things that it takes 285 days to get a building permit after signing a lease. This means the chain has to pay rent for over nine months, plus the time needed to build, while not earning any revenues.

The article also details how the company spent $20 million on class action lawsuits because of some ridiculous law about the tasks managers do while on the job.

Well, they had enough and are out of there.
This seems like a good reason why:

Quote:
... “Being highly franchised has also reduced our office space needs and, thus, made consolidating offices a more viable option,” the company said. “As such, early next year we will be consolidating our Carpinteria and St. Louis corporate offices in Nashville, which is centrally located and is one of the markets where we have retained company-owned restaurants.”
Regarding the class action lawsuits due ridiculous laws, moving their headquarters to Tennessee would not insulate them from lawsuits filed in California.

With that said, the hamburger restaurant industry is competitive. There are all sorts of burger joints here - really good ones.

[when In-N-Out moves its HQ I'll be ]

Old 03-11-2016, 06:18 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Their food is $hit. They should close all their restaraunt and leave them vacant for anyone who can cook a simple burger without screwing it up.
I had a Hardee's burger once. Never again.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:21 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
I used to know Carl Karcher, he used to give me a handful of free lunch cards whenever I saw him. LOL I was a starving photographer at the time and I guess he felt for me. But yeah the food stank.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:15 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Their food is $hit. They should close all their restaraunt and leave them vacant for anyone who can cook a simple burger without screwing it up.
To each his own. I just had a delicious Carl Jr. steakburger last night and enjoyed it very much. Maybe you should come up and sample what our local franchisees are cooking.

Who cares where the company moves its headquarters? All businesses do what's best for them. Franchisees are local folks trying to make a living, and so are their employees. Wherever I choose to go for fast food, I know most of the money I spend will still be here, circulating around.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:21 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,805,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
In-N-Out will hopefully be one of the last companies to ever relocate their HQ out of California. However, given the steep and strictly enforced labor laws in this state, I have a gut feeling that this eventually will happen--maybe later than sooner, like 20-25 years from now or when/if Lynsi Snyder calls that shot. And, they'll probably move to Texas since their presence is already growing out there pretty fast and the distribution network for cattle probably rivals or exceeds that of California.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:44 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Sooo..St louis's offices being moved must be because that place is just as bad as California right?

Ohhh..OP conveniently ignored that part. I've been hearing this nonsense year after year. Screaming it just because 1 company moved out, while ignoring the ones moving in is complete nonsense.

Fun fact-I got laid off a few years back as my company consolidated their offices in.....California.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:31 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
To each his own. I just had a delicious Carl Jr. steakburger last night and enjoyed it very much. Maybe you should come up and sample what our local franchisees are cooking.

Who cares where the company moves its headquarters? All businesses do what's best for them. Franchisees are local folks trying to make a living, and so are their employees. Wherever I choose to go for fast food, I know most of the money I spend will still be here, circulating around.
Ah that's ok. I'll knock around between In & Out and Habit with a couple local joints thrown in.
I got the burger choices covered.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

I just put a bid on a building in Dallas to gut and renovate for In-N-Out...... It is 65,000 sq.ft. Not a high rise burger joint either.

I have no idea if this is a corporate move, or just logistics as In-N-Out spreads across the Nation.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:24 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Companies move around all the time for various reasons. There's a lot more to it than just "taxes."

Wisconsin is supposed to have become a wonderful pro-business utopia under Scott Walker, yet we still have companies close and leave the state on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies