Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 09:11 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,511,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'm presuming that Trump supporters will vote in even higher numbers than in 2016 and somehow there will be something that will drive voting for the Democrat down even lower than in 2016. I'm not sure what the secret ingredient(s) will be, but we didn't know in 2016 either. Face it, Republicans are just better at winning elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 09:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
I'm presuming that Trump supporters will vote in even higher numbers than in 2016 and somehow there will be something that will drive voting for the Democrat down even lower than in 2016. I'm not sure what the secret ingredient(s) will be, but we didn't know in 2016 either. Face it, Republicans are just better at winning elections.
You and your fellow Trumplings are betting that your ever-increasing anger will translate into more GOP votes.

It won't.

tRump is shedding support like a long hair cat in July.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:16 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
I apologize, i do not have a lengthy retort to your reply, other than we have different opinions. And, know where in my post did i attribute everything that has happened is due to Trump, i just replied with some current facts. Although, it is coincidental that they are happening 597 days in, especially after reading all the analysts predicted the stock market would plummet (remember Mark Cuban?), and then WW3 was going to start after he started talking to KJY, and a multitude of other predictions that really never happened. Who knows what the future has in store though, and that rings true no matter who is in the oval office.

As far as the "fluff"...are you really that gullible to believe everything a politician says, especially while campaigning ? Regardless of which side, all they are trying to do is win an election. I saw HRC talking about the flint water crisis, she stated that even if she lost she would come back and do something...that never happened. They all make promises they can't keep, regardless of if they are aware of it or not. All we as voters can do is make the choice that fits our values, and what we think is best for us and our country. And hope that whomever we chose can do a small portion of what they say. In a perfect world they would make all their promises come true, but this isn't a perfect world.
Like i said before, i made the best choice for me, at the time. If i could go back, it make the same choice.[/quote]

And I apologize for the lengthy reply, but I find it difficult to intelligently respond to all this sort of thing with bumper-sticker comments...

Of course we have different opinions, just like most Trump supporters do v those who don't, but our reasons for those differences are what matters, what is important, and although simple difference of ideology explains most of it and why there is no reconciling pretty much any of it, sometimes I still waste time trying.

On the one hand you go on about all we are enjoying today with respect to the economy, our 401Ks, etc., like most Trump supporters do in honor of Trump, and now you also mention what is "coincidental that they are happening 597 days in," yet you are trying to suggest you don't credit Trump? Your slant, in any case, is obvious. If you don't credit Trump, then who/what do you credit? If you do credit Trump, say so, or we're back to the problem of people not able to properly connect these dots and we end up with more bad conclusions and decisions. BTW, SOME people predicted all manner of disaster if Obama was elected, re-elected and same with Trump, but our 20some Trillion dollar economy doesn't work like that, and certainly not only in 597 days!

It takes the likes of all that created the Great Recession to shock the economy like that, and of course we all know what all created that mess. Wasn't a POTUS.

I have explained more times than I can count that politicians can't always keep their campaign "promises." Obama, for example, couldn't have the ACA come out just as he hoped, but the points I've made about Trump and all his supporters is a little different. Not so much about what promises were kept or not but what promises were made and why. Then too, what we're getting as a result. At least we DID get the ACA. What we're getting from Trump is nothing but going backwards, hidden by the fact that economic headwinds are making Trump look good, for those who can't properly connect the dots between cause and effect.

Trump was not the best choice for America at the time, and I am hopeful Americans will better realize this by the time we decide whether to give Trump another 4 years. Oh HELL no far as more and more Americans are concerned I think. That's if the White House doesn't self-implode before then...

Old 09-10-2018, 10:25 AM

1,310 posts, read 1,511,920 times
Quote:
You and your fellow Trumplings are betting that your ever-increasing anger will translate into more GOP votes.

It won't.

tRump is shedding support like a long hair cat in July.

Actually, I'm a moderate Democrat who can't personally stand the President. I'm just trying to explain that the personal destruction of the Democrats' 2020 candidate is inevitable. It doesn't matter who the Democrats chose or how they try to protect themselves. The Republican message machine is just that good! In fact, I don't even believe that they need Russian help. As I said before, the Republicans are simply better at winning elections.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:27 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
trump got another .2% click in this mornings RCP average, now at -11.8%

my belief this week ( woodward, daniels, omarosa ) is that he'll take another hit in all the polls with the exception of rasmussen, which i think we'll see an increase. my guess is that he'll end the week -13% to -14% RCP average

Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I apologize, i do not have a lengthy retort to your reply, other than we have different opinions. And, know where in my post did i attribute everything that has happened is due to Trump, i just replied with some current facts. Although, it is coincidental that they are happening 597 days in, especially after reading all the analysts predicted the stock market would plummet (remember Mark Cuban?), and then WW3 was going to start after he started talking to KJY, and a multitude of other predictions that really never happened. Who knows what the future has in store though, and that rings true no matter who is in the oval office.

As far as the "fluff"...are you really that gullible to believe everything a politician says, especially while campaigning ? Regardless of which side, all they are trying to do is win an election. I saw HRC talking about the flint water crisis, she stated that even if she lost she would come back and do something...that never happened. They all make promises they can't keep, regardless of if they are aware of it or not. All we as voters can do is make the choice that fits our values, and what we think is best for us and our country. And hope that whomever we chose can do a small portion of what they say. In a perfect world they would make all their promises come true, but this isn't a perfect world.
Like i said before, i made the best choice for me, at the time. If i could go back, it make the same choice.
And I apologize for the lengthy reply, but I find it difficult to intelligently respond to all this sort of thing with bumper-sticker comments...

Of course we have different opinions, just like most Trump supporters do v those who don't, but our reasons for those differences are what matters, what is important, and although simple difference of ideology explains most of it and why there is no reconciling pretty much any of it, sometimes I still waste time trying.

On the one hand you go on about all we are enjoying today with respect to the economy, our 401Ks, etc., like most Trump supporters do in honor of Trump, and now you also mention what is "coincidental that they are happening 597 days in," yet you are trying to suggest you don't credit Trump? Your slant, in any case, is obvious. If you don't credit Trump, then who/what do you credit? If you do credit Trump, say so, or we're back to the problem of people not able to properly connect these dots and we end up with more bad conclusions and decisions. BTW, SOME people predicted all manner of disaster if Obama was elected, re-elected and same with Trump, but our 20some Trillion dollar economy doesn't work like that, and certainly not only in 597 days!

It takes the likes of all that created the Great Recession to shock the economy like that, and of course we all know what all created that mess. Wasn't a POTUS.

I have explained more times than I can count that politicians can't always keep their campaign "promises." Obama, for example, couldn't have the ACA come out just as he hoped, but the points I've made about Trump and all his supporters is a little different. Not so much about what promises were kept or not but what promises were made and why. Then too, what we're getting as a result. At least we DID get the ACA. What we're getting from Trump is nothing but going backwards, hidden by the fact that economic headwinds are making Trump look good, for those who can't properly connect the dots between cause and effect.

Trump was not the best choice for America at the time, and I am hopeful Americans will better realize this by the time we decide whether to give Trump another 4 years. Oh HELL no far as more and more Americans are concerned I think. That's if the White House doesn't self-implode before then...[/quote]

Trump was handed over an economy that was on an upswing , and that upswing has continued. If Obama was credited for improving a poor economy , then Trump can be credited for the continued growth. Or neither can get credit and it is just the natural ebb and flow of a nations economy.
Think how ever you want, it matters little to me.

As far as Trump not being the best choice, again your opinion. I certainly think the same of HRC, and am thankful she wasn't elected. As far Trump being elected for a second term, I just don't see it. I think his own party will turn on him as we get closer to the general election, we are and have seen a lot of turmoil in their camp. All it will take is the Dems to come up with a more centered candidate and I think many voters will jump ship. We will see how things go in the mid terms though. That will give an idea of how people really think. For myself, if the Dems continue with their far left rhetoric I'll be voting R regardless.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
Actually, I'm a moderate Democrat who can't personally stand the President. I'm just trying to explain that the personal destruction of the Democrats' 2020 candidate is inevitable. It doesn't matter who the Democrats chose or how they try to protect themselves. The Republican message machine is just that good! In fact, I don't even believe that they need Russian help. As I said before, the Republicans are simply better at winning elections.
We'll see.

Pubs have lost the vote in 4 of the past 5 presidential elections.

They won 2 via the rigged system.

And lotsa support from the "poorly educated."

Old 09-10-2018, 10:54 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
We'll see.

Pubs have lost the vote in 4 of the past 5 presidential elections.

They won 2 via the rigged system.

And lotsa support from the "poorly educated."

Exactly.

Republican agenda are not normally favorable to ordinary working class families. They would be starting from behind the eightball on an even playing field. A well informed public would not stand for it.

The way for Republicans to win elections is to deceive our trusting neighbors and friends into thinking they have the people's best interests at heart. They don't ... really they don't.

For the last sixty years or more they have made a science of exploiting wedge issues to gin up hatreds and fears (often over nothingburgers), and btw mis-informing the public. This is what the fundraising is for. Funds are generally raised from major multi-national corporations and wealthy investor class individuals to fund propaganda and the ranks of political consultants. This is how they win ... this is how they hurt the people.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:58 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Trolling and outright lying. A reason why I have you on Ignore.

I predicted no such thing.
You have me on ignore and you're responding to me...that's interesting

Old 09-11-2018, 09:25 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Trump did not fare well in the latest Quinnipiac Poll:

American voters give President Trump his lowest grade for honesty since he was elected, saying 60 - 32 percent that he is not honest. Trump gets low grades on most character traits:
57 - 38 percent that he does not have good leadership skills;
55 - 41 percent that he does not care about average Americans;
65 - 30 percent that he is not level-headed;
57 - 39 percent that he is a strong person;
51 - 42 percent that he is intelligent;
60 - 33 percent that he does not share voters' values;
55 - 41 percent that he is not fit to serve as president;
48 - 42 percent that he is mentally stable.
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2567
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies