Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
Yes, but the system can continue to work to the current President. Here is a viable reelection strategy:

After the Democratic convention the Democrat will probably have a 13-14 point lead in the polls. In response, the President will need to have as many as fifteen charges of major corruption or immorality by the Democratic candidate teed up and ready to go. After that, he will roll them out and let the press run them down as false. Once the furor dies down, he will deliver the next charge. Wash rinse and repeat. With any luck, he will have a final charge that has some sort of validity to deliver two weeks before the election. That way, the charge can still have some life on election day. By always having new charges against the Democrat to run down, the President won't have to spend much time defending himself against any problems that have surfaced during his first term.

The other strategy of attack is the Karl Rove technique of finding out what the public likes most about the Democrat/Democratic candidate and relentlessly attacking that attribute. The reason that this works so well is, if I think I like candidate X because he/she is honest, the best way to destroy that credibility is to attach that person's honesty. Since I like everything about candidate X less that her/his honesty, candidate X must be the very worst kind of person - a person with no positive attributes.

The current President is a unique politician in that he has no credibility to lose with the majority of the population and has unquestioned credibility with his supporters (like a lot of my relatives.) That way, unsubstantiated charges will serve to keep his supporters fired up and, at the same time, create disgust among non-supporters that will drive them away from voting. Accusations against the President can't stick because they look from the outside to be nothing more than piling on. If you already believe that the President is deficient in some way, what is the point of more examples - that just seems mean.

These strategies are possibly a bit cynical, but very workable. Best of all, they don't really depend on who the Democrats nominate or how that person reacts to the charges. The President wins reelection!
If Trump is still in office, the 2020 election will be like none before it. I cannot imagine how many republicans will challenge him or run as independent. Trump's small base is not going to carry him--people are already sick of the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 05:43 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,416,137 times
Posting from Inside The RESISTANCE !!!

The Fool on The Hill now wants Credit for Helping Puerto Rico a year Ago..

He DID ZILCH !!!!! Liar, liar pants on FIRE !!!!!

Old 09-12-2018, 05:43 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
America has seen the light, Trump with a 51% approval rating.
Trump not headed for the disastrous midterms that Obama suffered.

Liz Peek: Trump gains ground, much to liberals
you cannot depend on polls, and never could, depending on who is reporting the polls, also means a lot...they bend them in their direction. I just saw on my local station, he's got a 35% rating, so, whose right.

I don't and won't participate in any polls, b/c they ask you for your address and phone number and then bombard you with calls and junk mail which is aggravating, and know a lot of other people feel as I do.

this past election should have spoken volumes, to all of us, when it comes to the polls...I woke up and Trump had won, SHOCK....

so, don't take to heart the polls or ratings, b/c if Fox News is reporting this, the ratings will be higher, if CNN is reporting this, the ratings will be way low....take your pick.

To be honest, I believe a whole lot of people regardless of how Trump articulates himself verbally are pleased with what he has done so far...but has he done enough, not in my book.

He opens his mouth and lies, and he comes out with the most outlandish verbal communications. He cannot socialize verbally, he has no social skills, and I believe that comes from basically growing up alone and being rich...and how he was parented.

What bothers me, about this illegal immigrant problem is, if he really wanted to send illegals back home, all he'd have to do, is send ICE into every single restaurant, diner and pizza shop not to mention, Golf country Clubs, as they are working in all those kitchens and have been for years. Now, what about all the motels and hotels, cleaning staffs, and landscaping companies....my Gosh, pretty soon, all kinds of jobs would open up if he did that...he and they know where they are....just as I and you do...but still, does next to nothing about it....I think what they are doing so far, might just be for show?

I'm not totally on board with Trump yet....it depends on who runs against him...if it's all politicians, I won't vote again, ever...b/c America spoke when they voted for Trump, they sent a clear cut message to the politicians, and still they refuse to listen...they've gained way too much power....and know they're now in it for life...which is their trump card, no play on words intended....if you take that away, maybe they'll start to listen...but they still do things as usual.

I am thoroughly disgusted with politicians....all of them...

Old 09-12-2018, 05:46 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
polls and Democrats ....lmao

Old 09-12-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
Posting from Inside The RESISTANCE !!!

The Fool on The Hill now wants Credit for Helping Puerto Rico a year Ago..

He DID ZILCH !!!!!
I know someone whose family lives there, who was out of electric for over a year...we did a major fund raiser, collecting clothing, water, food, etc, for them, and got tons of donations, Trump did not do enough...those people died...and I'm loosing patience with him...lies...all lies...

he shows up and throws paper towels at them....they lost their homes, food, everything and he stands there like some idiot and throws paper towels at those poor people.

and yeah, I voted for him....I didn't want Hillary in there again...and still feel the same way about her...I loath what she has done to screw people all her life, so?????

Old 09-12-2018, 05:48 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I know someone whose family lives there, who was out of electric for over a year...we did a major fund raiser, collecting clothing, water, food, etc, for them, and got tons of donations, Trump did not do enough...those people died...and I'm loosing patience with him...lies...all lies...

he shows up and throws paper towels at them....they lost their homes, food, everything and he stands there like some idiot and throws paper towels at those poor people.

and yeah, I voted for him....I didn't want Hillary in there again...and still feel the same way about her...I loath what she has done to screw people all her life, so?????
It takes a BRAVE person to admit their MISTAKES !!!

Old 09-12-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
No it actually doesn't. I voted for Obama to, in his first term, and for Bush in his first term....
I lay in watching and refuse to back a bad president...regardless of what political party they are from...

American's are stupid, they continually back their parties, which is a huge mistake, we haven't had a good President in years....people are more concerned with winning than they are with their candidate. They refused to believe that Hillary was awful, dangerous and a lier....I remember what she did...but that side of the team, refuses to believe it. They refuse to believe what she did in Bengazi and how her and Obama stood there and lied, said it was all about some cartoon character, that they were protesting over, well, let me tell you, protesters do not carry rocket launchers.

Yes, Trump has done a lot of good, but not enough....and if the dems get it back, they will in fact overturn everything that Trump has done...and they will, it's only a matter of time...

When people realize, this country is run, by huge corporations, they might start doing something good....but until then, it's simply a dog and pony show....for us...their puppets...we're the ones who make them rich....

Starting with your local governments, and the taxes they keep imposing on gas and other products, and yet, cannot manage that money wisely, why?

We all know what Disney has done, and yet, hey, keep going to Disney land, keep buying their products, keep paying to see their movies....

In America, we just don't have what it takes to be a strong nation any longer....

Old 09-12-2018, 06:01 AM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Looking at Obama's disastrous 2010 midterms, most people admitted they made a mistake.
Nobody has ever lost more support than 2010 Obama.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Looking at Obama's disastrous 2010 midterms, most people admitted they made a mistake.
Nobody has ever lost more support than 2010 Obama.
AMEn, and Trump is now heading down that same path. What he said about Puerto Rico was horrible. People freakin died. A lot of people, he'd better watch his mouth...he represents us, the people who voted for him, and what he's doing now, is getting way too comfortable and inconsistent, doesn't do his homework...and I'm starting to believe some of those reports on him?

Old 09-12-2018, 06:43 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
According to the average of all polls -- including Rasmeussen -- Trump's approval rating has fallen from 44.3 to 41.5

http://dyn.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-6179.html

Using cherry picking of information to try to support an opinion - -not such a great idea in this day of easily accessible real information.

Rasmeussen's latest poll has Trump at 47%
Yep. RCP average of all polls is by far the most reliable resource. Any individual poll can have deficiencies.

Here's the list of all the polls that are used in that average.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls...179.html#polls

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 09-12-2018 at 06:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies