Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 01:26 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That's the truth. Remember last week everyone saying - wow, Trump is acting so restrained and normal?

So what does he do with that approval? He goes out and makes a freaking fool of himself mocking Dr. Ford. That should drag those ratings down by next week.

He simply must act obnoxious and crude--it's all he knows.
My theory is that has something to do with the New York Times piece about the Trump family's tax avoidance schemes that show that Trump had virtually all of his wealth handed to him on a silver platter. Trump always seems to respond to negative news by going off the deep end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 01:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
The average of all polls has him trending lower and lower.

Seriously -- if he hadn't done that whole comedic routine on Ford at the rally -- he might have seen a little upward climb with the trade deal

Last edited by moneill; 10-04-2018 at 01:55 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 01:53 PM

251 posts, read 148,551 times
One of several mysteries (and there are many) about T supporters is why they want soooooo desperately to CONSTANTLY compare Trump to Obama as if these two men are competing in some all-important relay race. Newsflash: Obama’s eight popular years are over and he’s a happy millionaire now. Supporters here on C-D certainly spend a lot of their precious energy trying to convince the world that Donnie somehow bests Obama when everyone else knows otherwise; It is the source of their ever-predictable whataboutisms and it really needs to stop. They’ll post 15 topics bragging every time there’s a 1% increase in T’s approval numbers (despite otherwise bleating on about fake news and fake polls).

I’m getting afraid for them; they’re gonna jump out of windows en masse when it sinks in that Obama was better, more effective, classier, more respected, more presidential, waaay smarter, and waaaay more popular than narcissistic lying Donnie could ever hope to be.

Just stop.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:03 PM

10,773 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The average of all polls has him trending lower and lower.

Seriously -- if he hadn't done that whole comedic routine on Ford at the rally -- he might have seen a little upward climb with the trade deal
He doesn't need an upward climb, he's already averaging 43.5, and in 2016 November he was at 43.6 and he won the election 304-227.
And if he gets a bump from Ford/Kavanaugh it'll be next week because Ford's credibility only disappeared today when the FBI confirmed she's a nothingburger.
BTW he was at 40.8 on September 18th, so he's gone up about 3% since then.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That's the truth. Remember last week everyone saying - wow, Trump is acting so restrained and normal?

So what does he do with that approval? He goes out and makes a freaking fool of himself mocking Dr. Ford. That should drag those ratings down by next week.

He simply must act obnoxious and crude--it's all he knows.
Except the FBI backed Trump up the next day when their report was released, showing Ford is a nothingburger.
Trump mocking Ford was a good idea, because now he can say "I told you so".
Trump was wrong last week when he said Ford's testimony was credible, so I'm glad he corrected that.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
He doesn't need an upward climb, he's already averaging 43.5, and in 2016 November he was at 43.6 and he won the election 304-227.
BTW he was at 40.8 on September 18th.
Yeah -- but he barely won the election. I know I know he won. Those swing votes may not take to kindly to his behavior.

It is clear the economy is not enough of a influence to sway the approval ratings or it would be much much much higher -- so there is more to the picture.

Will the swing shift a little right or left -- nobody knows.

NOBODY knows.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah -- but he barely won the election. I know I know he won. Those swing votes may not take to kindly to his behavior.

It is clear the economy is not enough of a influence to sway the approval ratings or it would be much much much higher -- so there is more to the picture.

Will the swing shift a little right or left -- nobody knows.

NOBODY knows.
304-227 is an easy win, regardless of the voter tally margins.
I tell you what will be enough to win easily.....an opponent.

Trump is great at bringing his opponent down and pumping up his base by degrading the opponent.
Biden is the easiest to bring down, because he's hot-tempered, a child-molester and also because he represents Obama, so Trump can focus on Obama which he loves to do.
Trump can claim that Biden will bring back all the regulations and everything Obama had in place.

Whereas currently Trump has no opponent, so one of his biggest strengths is taken away.
Obama suffered from that too, that's why he lost the House and Senate in 2010, in fact he lost more House seats in 2010 than anyone had ever lost since 1938 midterms.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:08 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Biden is the easiest to bring down, because he's hot-tempered, a child-molester ....

you really want to throw out that slander with the photos of trump and ivanka on the internet?

Old 10-04-2018, 03:22 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
And if he gets a bump from Ford/Kavanaugh it'll be next week because Ford's credibility only disappeared today when the FBI confirmed she's a nothingburger.
BTW he was at 40.8 on September 18th, so he's gone up about 3% since then.
Wake me up when he hits 50%.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Wake me up when he hits 50%.
If Trump had 50% it'd be 6.4% more than he had on November 7th 2016.
In other words, completely unnecessary number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
you really want to throw out that slander with the photos of trump and ivanka on the internet?
Parents are routinely physically affectionate with their kids.
I think they are great photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies