Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 06:12 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times

Advertisements

Here is a poll that, if anything, is biased toward republicans. And as somebody noted here almost 2 years ago, this was one of the polls that got the election outcome correct.

Trump's Approval Number Nose-Dives, Dems' Blue Wave Might Be Building: IBD/TIPP Poll
Quote:
Just 36% say they approve of the job President Trump is doing, a 5-point drop from last month, according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Fifty six percent disapprove of Trump's job performance, up from 53% the month before.

The drop in Trump's approval rating comes after a spate of bad news, including the conviction of his former campaign chairman on eight counts of fraud and a guilty plea on campaign finance charges by Trump's former lawyer, which sparked a torrent of impeachment talk. Trump also caught flak for his handling of Sen. John McCain's passing.

The sharp decline also comes with the midterm elections now just over two months away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
It doesn't make a difference who they are, because Trump supporters don't answer pollsters.
That is a fantasy of yours. If it were actually true, Trump's approval rating would be zero!

Old 09-27-2018, 06:14 PM

10,773 posts, read 4,351,834 times
^ All polls are lower this year, because Trump supporters were still answering pollsters in 2016, but after the biased media coverage of 2017, far less likely that a Trump supporter will answer a pollster.
The media gets worse every year, so Trump supporters abandon pollsters more and more every year.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:16 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not very afraid
41.4% approve 52.8 disapprove

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
Yes, but I think the issue is:

1. Not as many Democrats voted. Granted, this was because so many people were turned off by Hillary Clinton (I was one of them), but it shows how important it is that this time, the Democrats nominate someone who is liberal, but not so liberal that she or he will turn off moderates such as myself. https://www.forbes.com/sites/omriben.../#655b4eff53ab

2. Polls are often wrong.

The Democrats MUST get it right in 2020!

P.S. My state went for HRC, but I voted for Johnson.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
They walk up to you in the street, you walk away, they call you on the phone and you hang up before they can say 5 words.
I can tell you've never taken a poll before.

1. None of those organizations do political polling by going up to you on the street. They're either phone or internet.
2. Democrats hate pollsters too, and frequently hang up on them. I've done that myself.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:18 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
They phrase the question in an anti-Trump way when they ask EVERYONE, not just Trump supporters.

seriously, how much personal experience have you had with pollsters to make this claim?

Old 09-27-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I can tell you've never taken a poll before.

1. None of those organizations do political polling by going up to you on the street. They're either phone or internet.
2. Democrats hate pollsters too, and frequently hang up on them. I've done that myself.
I've spoken to people who have been approached on the street by pollsters, and others who have been phoned, so it varies.
I never said every Democrat loves pollsters.....

Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I've spoken to people who have been approached on the street by pollsters, and others who have been phoned, so it varies.
I never said every Democrat loves pollsters.....
If you actually read the methodology of the polls you're criticizing, you'd learn they are phone or internet.

If somebody's approaching somebody on the street with a survey, it's probably not a formal survey. Pulling people off the street, for various reasons, is a very unscientific way to get a random sample.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If you actually read the methodology of the polls you're criticizing, you'd learn they are phone or internet.

If somebody's approaching somebody on the street with a survey, it's probably not a formal survey. Pulling people off the street, for various reasons, is a very unscientific way to get a random sample.
It makes no difference whether its phone or street, people hang-up on pollsters routinely.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
It makes no difference whether its phone or street, people hang-up on pollsters routinely.
LOL, you can't "hang up" on somebody on the street.

But as I said, democrats hang up on pollsters too, just as much as republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies