Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:33 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's turned into such a brouhaha, thanks to behind-the-scenes manipulation and maneuvering by the left. Partisan politics at work, and a new era of corporate social activism in full swing.

According to a Wall Street Journal report, NC Atty. General set about working to inflict economic damage on North Carolina (no surprise there). It is reported that he called Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, who then began “CEO-arm twisting” by recruiting and coordinating with business leaders, including Deutsche Bank, to inflict economic damage on North Carolina to protest HB2, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

Salesforce

Unless there is sufficient and effective pushback from those who disagree we will, in effect, be coerced into falling in line as we watch the culture and values so many of us cherish and respect pushed aside in the name of 'progress'.
here's a hint, stop interfering with people's right to PEE and there won't be any problems

Old 05-04-2016, 06:35 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Absolutely pathetic what the left worries about, it's quite sickening really.
excuse me? who's making laws deciding where people can pee and poop? it's not the left.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"Can sue." Not a ruling. Please do try to keep up...
Did you even bother reading the entire article?

The court told the lower court to rehear the students case and base their ruling on the federal governments interpretation of title IIX laws.

Quote:
“At the heart of this appeal is whether Title IX requires schools to provide transgender students access to restrooms congruent with their gender identity,” the court’s opinion said. “We conclude that the Department’s interpretation of its own regulation . . . as it relates to restroom access by transgender individuals, is . . . to be accorded controlling weight in this case.”
So basically go back and rule again based on the federal law.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:30 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Absolutely pathetic what the left worries about, it's quite sickening really.

OK, I'll play.

Please explain to me, in detail, why you think that:

• Forcing all anti-discrimination cases into Federal courts.
  • Prohibiting cities/counties/municipalities from enacting any anti-discrimination laws of their own.
  • Capping minimum wage at $7.25/hr state wide.

Are good ideas.

You'll notice I've completely left the bathroom/locker room issue out of the discussion, intentionally, as it is the emotion-filled issue. The above are the other big hitters from HB2.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Default Why?

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker rooms

Charlotte Observer: Girls must try 'overcoming discomfort' of seeing 'male genitalia' in bathrooms - Washington Times

Might I ask "why?" -- this surely sounds like reverse discrimination to me. Our girls must get comfortable with this because a very small percentage of the population that is way out of the norm insists on it -- so that they can be comfortable?

The article concludes: The U.S. Department of Justice has sued the state of North Carolina over a law regulating public restroom access on the basis of biological sex.

WHY do we have "men's rooms" and "ladies rooms" at all? According to the above, that's been discriminatory for years and yet everyone was OK with it.

Now, girls 'must' overcome discomfort?

Old 05-20-2016, 03:03 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker rooms

Charlotte Observer: Girls must try 'overcoming discomfort' of seeing 'male genitalia' in bathrooms - Washington Times

Might I ask "why?" -- this surely sounds like reverse discrimination to me. Our girls must get comfortable with this because a very small percentage of the population that is way out of the norm insists on it -- so that they can be comfortable?

The article concludes: The U.S. Department of Justice has sued the state of North Carolina over a law regulating public restroom access on the basis of biological sex.

WHY do we have "men's rooms" and "ladies rooms" at all? According to the above, that's been discriminatory for years and yet everyone was OK with it.

Now, girls 'must' overcome discomfort?
There's an age-old saying, "the inmates have taken over the asylum". For an eternity, it was applied humorously to situations that took some imagination to see becoming something close to the literal meaning of the words.

Not any more. As we see it happening - literally - before our eyes. Yes, there's been some push-back. Not near what should be seen in the face of this sickness - this lunacy - that has permeated the fabric of our civil structure. With most still passively shrugging "whad r ya gonna do?" in their PC straitjackets.

Maybe I'm wrong about that. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe there is a genuine revolution bubbling unseen, but close to the surface, that we will see erupting soon.

Heaven help us if I'm right.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:13 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
You got it!

I support the right of the convicted pedophile sex offender, yhe one who served two years in prison, to pick the little girls room, or little boys room of his choice.

A pervert is a pervert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies