Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 03:29 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The stance that they claim to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo moral that they don't want to pay for health insurance for their workers that would provide contraception yet have NO problem buying cheap crap from a country that among other things supplies abortions on demand and marking that cheap crap up to ridiculous levels.

THAT stance!
Morality plays no part in the decision.
PayPal is like any big business; a big part of any decision like this has to take their employees and future employees into consideration as a major part of the decision making process.

The CEO and board doesn't care a bit about morality, and they don't care a bit whether a valuable employee is a trans, gay, or whatever, as long as the employee consistently makes money for PayPal, has a good record of job attendance, and isn't causing the company any problems inside the company itself.

North Carolina just created a big hornet's nest of problems for the companies that are already established there, and gave it a good kick afterwards to make the hornets very angry.

Now, any employee with a gripe can snitch that there's a tranny inside the company getting away with using the wrong bathroom, and whether true or not, could land his employer in state court defending itself. Even a fired employee could do that. As a former business owner, for a fact, no company wants to ever go to court on anything. Is that moral? Or immoral?

At the same time, the state just opened up itself to lawsuits being brought by private companies.
And counter-suits, both of which always have lotsa damages attached to them. Who is gonna pay the state's lawyer money?
The tax payers, of course. Never the politicians. Is that moral? Or immoral?

Moral or immoral? The answer is neither. Our business laws are amoral; anyone can sue any church of organized religion just as easily as suing a business or the state, or the federal government.

Trying to inject morality into this argument is stupid to the bone.

Last edited by banjomike; 04-26-2016 at 04:20 PM..

Old 04-26-2016, 06:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
open letter to pay pal.

Deal PayPal,
How can you build your global operations center in MALAYSIA where LGBT
individuals are whipped and jailed, but you boycott North Carolina for enacting a law
requiring people to use a rest room consistent with their biological gender?
Shouldn't you be boycotting MALAYSIA rather than the people of North Carolina?

From link below.
see link.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5f&oe=579E6248
No hypocrisy there...right?

Paypal is going to try and dictate their view of how we should think, act, and use a bathroom here in the US where WE made them rich; only to build facilities in a place where these same trans people are jailed and beaten? Really?

People are becoming wack-a-moles for real, and Paypal is transparently inconsistent.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:10 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
No hypocrisy there...right?

Paypal is going to try and dictate their view of how we should think, act, and use a bathroom here in the US where WE made them rich; only to build facilities in a place where these same trans people are jailed and beaten? Really?

People are becoming wack-a-moles for real, and Paypal is transparently inconsistent.
They decided not to build a facility there. So what? It's a business. How is that dictating how you should think and act.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They decided not to build a facility there. So what? It's a business. How is that dictating how you should think and act.

It's not, obviously. Some people just love hyperbole.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:49 AM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
https://www.afa.net/action-alerts/si...target-pledge/

If you scroll down, this article has a good list of cases where this transgender "right" has been abused.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Morality plays no part in the decision.
PayPal is like any big business; a big part of any decision like this has to take their employees and future employees into consideration as a major part of the decision making process.

The CEO and board doesn't care a bit about morality, and they don't care a bit whether a valuable employee is a trans, gay, or whatever, as long as the employee consistently makes money for PayPal, has a good record of job attendance, and isn't causing the company any problems inside the company itself.

North Carolina just created a big hornet's nest of problems for the companies that are already established there, and gave it a good kick afterwards to make the hornets very angry.

Now, any employee with a gripe can snitch that there's a tranny inside the company getting away with using the wrong bathroom, and whether true or not, could land his employer in state court defending itself. Even a fired employee could do that. As a former business owner, for a fact, no company wants to ever go to court on anything. Is that moral? Or immoral?

At the same time, the state just opened up itself to lawsuits being brought by private companies.
And counter-suits, both of which always have lotsa damages attached to them. Who is gonna pay the state's lawyer money?
The tax payers, of course. Never the politicians. Is that moral? Or immoral?

Moral or immoral? The answer is neither. Our business laws are amoral; anyone can sue any church of organized religion just as easily as suing a business or the state, or the federal government.

Trying to inject morality into this argument is stupid to the bone.
I was referring to Hobby Lobby's stance which absolutely injected morality into their argument, but I agree, they are stupid to the bone and hypocritical as well.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:50 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I was referring to Hobby Lobby's stance which absolutely injected morality into their argument
Completely false. Hobby Lobby injected the exercise of their religion into their argument, which is both a First Amendment Right and an act guaranteed by the Federal RFRA law originally sponsored by a Democrat and signed into Law by Clinton:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/103/hr1308

Old 04-27-2016, 08:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
This is not a transvestite issue.

My aging father-in-law uses public ladies rooms routinely because he needs his wife to help him with matters. I am not sure how many ladies are not comfortable with it, but sometimes in life you just have to put up with things which may make you little uncomfortable.

I am not sure what my father-in-law would do in NC, so I guess he better stay away from there, and he better hope this does not become a law in Florida, because if it does, he could never visit a restaurant again. Unfortunately for many aging people, getting out of the house is a big deal, and restaurants are the places to go for them.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:09 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
My aging father-in-law uses public ladies rooms routinely because he needs his wife to help him with matters. I am not sure how many ladies are not comfortable with it, but sometimes in life you just have to put up with things which may make you little uncomfortable.

I am not sure what my father-in-law would do in NC
He and his wife would use the single occupancy Family facilities:

Even Target stores have them.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He and his wife would use the single occupancy Family facilities:

Even Target stores have them.
That's great that Targets have them, but 99% of restaurants do not. I can't think of a single one that does.

Does the law in NC punish the businesses if they do not enforce the law 100% of the time, or is it left to them to enforce, or not enforce?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-27-2016 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies