Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 10:24 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I can't answer for the poster you quoted, but I can tell you that in my opinion predators didn't need this little law to prey on women and children. (And I'm still amazed that most are talking only about women and girls being in danger, I guess so much for a woman's ability to protect herself!)
of course, they always did this....however, I fear it might give them more of a chance to do so...they can dress up as women....
I mean seriously, there are really sick people out there...
actually I personally believe this whole thing is rather sick....?
It's hard enough being a young woman and trying to protect yourself....and now this, adding to the danger...

Old 04-21-2016, 11:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, you are right, they can do it right now, but now, you've opened the door to doing it legally. Do you honestly think and believe that there are no TG sex predators?

do you honestly think and believe that this doesn't give predators more ideas to prey on women and children, in their minds, legitimately?
And rape, molestation, and voyeurism are still illegal. Being in the room does not make any of those legal.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
of course, they always did this....however, I fear it might give them more of a chance to do so...they can dress up as women....
It's hard enough being a young woman and trying to protect yourself....and now this, adding to the danger...
They could and did before there was a law that allowed TGs into the bathroom. If someone is going to rape or molest someone the sign on the door isn't going to stop them.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:29 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
The British Government has travel advice for LGBT visitors to North Carolina & Mississippi

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...ws-and-customs

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/lesbian-...-travel-advice

"The US is an extremely diverse society and attitudes towards LGBT people differ hugely across the country. LGBT travellers may be affected by legislation passed recently in the states of North Carolina and Mississippi. Before travelling please read our general travel advice for the LGBT community. "

Old 04-21-2016, 12:17 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And rape, molestation, and voyeurism are still illegal. Being in the room does not make any of those legal.
Shooting and killing people are still illegal.

Let's talk the gun laws that were called A-OK based on that same premise of "could happen'.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:21 PM

1,100 posts, read 634,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post

Let's talk the gun laws that were called A-OK based on that same premise of "could happen'.
So the crimes the person you quoted have no tool involved, other than themselves. Now you want to mention more illegal activities and bring into one of a plethora of tools that the criminal could use to commit such crime. Why target the tool and not the individual?

Old 04-21-2016, 12:31 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
They don't even have to dress up as women. All they have to do is "claim" to be transgender. There is no standard of proof of such "status."

Given that, these should also be immediately implemented...

Students applying to college "claim" to be under-represented minorities and "claim" they and their family are low-income, therefore they should all be eligible for an affirmative action edge in admissions and get scholarships and grants only given to minorities and/or low-income earners.

I "claim" to have no income, therefore I shouldn't have to pay FICA or income tax.

I "claim" to be age 65+, therefore I should immediately begin collecting SS and Medicare benefits.

And I'm sure there's many more...

Old 04-21-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:

I am a gun owner, and have discussed gun laws all over the place, but if you want to discuss gun laws start a thread about gun laws.

But I'm willing to bet that you are against "gun free zones" as the person that is going to break the law by killing people would not be stopped by the fact that they weren't supposed to be there in the first place. This is the same thing, people who plan on molesting or raping women are not going to be stopped by a law that says that they can not go into the room.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:

You're referring to gun control laws, no? I agree. Abolish all gun control laws since shooting and killing people are already illegal.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:40 PM

19 posts, read 239,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
They could and did before there was a law that allowed TGs into the bathroom. If someone is going to rape or molest someone the sign on the door isn't going to stop them.

This. The only reason to not allow TGs to use the bathroom of their preferred gender is bigotry. There is no other logical reason behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies