Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 05:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
And sexual assault, etc. can happen outside the bathroom like...everywhere else. Maybe the solution is for people who are scared to hold 'it' until they get home where we all know nothing bad ever happens.

[]
Just another symptom of the insular mindset of Western society in general.

Travel overseas will occasion you to all manner of bathroom issues unheard of at home. The lady handing out toilet paper by the sheet in the common bathrooms of old Europe in the 50's and 60's the open stall with just a hole in the floor with painted foot spots on the floor to indicate where you should place your feet while "hovering" dependent upon performing which function.

The slate sided wall with a channel at it's base outside in the northern Scottish pub. The rotunda pisseria on some French city intersections where you get to stand there looking bored while watching people walk past knowing exactly what it is you're doing.

The 1940's Italy where passing columns of allied soldiers got treated to the spectacle of a woman simply squatting and creating a puddle without a concern in the world for her privacy.

God forbid anyone should be confronted with women and men numbering ten or more be using the same bathroom and actually lining up together waiting for the first available cubicle watching some still tucking in their shirts or making sure their skirt is not tucked into the top of their panties at the back as they exit.

Not everyone considers being "peeped" the major injury to their delicate persona we westerners do.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:37 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Peeping, recording and sexual assault are illegal regardless of which sex is doing it in which restroom.

In the states and cities that already have similar laws, there hasn't been an uptick of those crimes in bathrooms.
Hmm... yet when it comes to gun laws every gun owner is a potential Lanza.

The 'Ole double standard.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:39 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Just another symptom of the insular mindset of Western society in general.

Travel overseas will occasion you to all manner of bathroom issues unheard of at home. The lady handing out toilet paper by the sheet in the common bathrooms of old Europe in the 50's and 60's the open stall with just a hole in the floor with painted foot spots on the floor to indicate where you should place your feet while "hovering" dependent upon performing which function.
And yet in Tokyo's airport, restrooms are labeled men or women, and the stalls with only a hole in the floor have doors.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:43 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I have no problem with what anyone wants to "identify" themselves as, but what if they just changed signs on bathroom doors to "penis" and "vagina"? I mean, I'm 100% for marriage equality and do not believe gay people or men born with penises who want to be women should be discriminated against..but how many people do these laws even really effect, and in all seriousness...I don't get it.
I never had a problem with the transgender thing before, but I do now...I don't want a transgender male sitting the stall next to me....sorry, but they don't give a damn about how they are affecting the lives of others, they just want what they want...this is sick, honestly, sick.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:56 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I never had a problem with the transgender thing before, but I do now...I don't want a transgender male sitting the stall next to me....sorry, but they don't give a damn about how they are affecting the lives of others, they just want what they want...this is sick, honestly, sick.
Yep. Significant backlash because NOW it's about one's privacy and safety.

As I said... What makes anyone think male robbers and rapists won't "self-identify" as trans persons just to stalk female victims when/where they're most vulnerable? Ridiculously easy to rob and rape a woman in the restroom, especially if she can't overpower a larger and stronger male.

So... what's the standard for determining if someone is legitimately a MTF trans who identifies as female? Or vice versa? Or which are robbers and/or sex predators? Who's going to stand at the entrance of each facility everywhere to make that determination?

Typical of ideologically-blind SJWs, they DON'T think things through... /SMH

Old 04-21-2016, 06:07 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,208,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie1968 View Post
i have a feeling that family/companion restrooms will be getting more and more use as bathroom accessibility laws are being put under pressure. It would be nice if all business could have them for all people who might feel uncomfortable using a multi person public toilet....not just women, but men and young children too.

Actually, you have a point. I've thought unisex bathrooms are the way to go for awhile now. If enough people stop using the mens room and the ladies room because of their insecurities and start using the family room, guess what is going to happen? New stores are going to be designed with ONLY family restrooms that anyone can use!

It's a fabulous idea!!!

Old 04-21-2016, 06:28 AM

956 posts, read 745,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
My wife and I had planned for her to get her CC PERMIT, now it's first on our list. Just wait for the inicidents to happen, because they will
Wife has her CCW. I used to hold her purse for her when she went into public bathrooms but not anymore, she made need what's in it.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:31 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The laws being passed in NC and other embarrassing states makes criminals of these people, and I for one would say that's a considerable change.
Maybe it would force them to get the help they truly need.

Just saying.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
A lot of places already have family restrooms, why not just rename those to be inclusive of transgenders as well in places where they exist and require large businesses (malls, theaters) that build new to put them in? I went to a gas station yesterday and they had renamed both their men's and women's bathrooms to "unisex". Problem solved for small places, but of course that doesn't work with bathrooms with more than one stall.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And yet in Tokyo's airport, restrooms are labeled men or women, and the stalls with only a hole in the floor have doors.
So what? Just as many over the years have not and no one went into terminal melt down like Americans are won't to do over the most trivial of things.

Oh my goodness there's no door on that biffy...well I guess I'll just have to crap in my drawers like mother nature intended.

What the heck do you weeenies do out in the woods when hiking with both sexes? Go hide behind a tree with the rabid raccoon?

Cripes...someone of the opposite sex might see my pee pee........the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies