Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 04:19 PM

1,073 posts, read 623,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It happened before there were any LGBT protections too, because ANYONE can walk into any bathroom. There are no guards at the door. I have walked right into the mens room when the ladies room line was too long. No one stopped me.

I await your links.
But now a peeping pervert can be protected by law--- all he has to do is dress up and say he's transgender. The law includes locker rooms by the way. This is far different than a enclosed stall.

Ok, ignore the first paragraph, and you will see case after case of how this has happened already. Child molesters and rapists see this as way to access their prey and then hide behind LGBT protection laws:
https://autogynephiliatruth.wordpres...athroom-bills/

There was also an experiment done where someone dressed as a women and went into a women's room and the ladies freaked out. I'm sorry it's just not natural to do what we've done regarding restrooms and locker rooms. I vote for penis or no penis labels going forward

Old 04-20-2016, 04:21 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
The bottom line is that a very small minority is making enough noise to make the vast majority feel uncomfortable and if you question it get ready for the slander, the boycotts and hate to come your way.

Personally I would rather not be doing my business at the urinal and have a woman walk in on me. I don't pee in front of my wife never mind a stranger so flip that to the other gender and my wife doesn't want to come out of a stall to find a weird man standing there.
The lurker might not be a threat a pervert or anything else but he has made my wife feel uncomfortable.
Why is that OK? It might not be a violation of her rights but she doesn't feel good about it.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Peeping, recording and sexual assault are illegal regardless of which sex is doing it in which restroom.

In the states and cities that already have similar laws, there hasn't been an uptick of those crimes in bathrooms.
And sexual assault, etc. can happen outside the bathroom like...everywhere else. Maybe the solution is for people who are scared to hold 'it' until they get home where we all know nothing bad ever happens.

[]

Old 04-20-2016, 04:43 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Target is one of the stores that I've noticed has the "family bathroom" which is a private bathroom separate from the men's and women's restrooms. That option certainly makes things a lot easier as it's private and anyone can use it.
And people who are overly concerned about the genitalia of the person peeing in the stall next to them are welcome to use the private restrooms. As a woman, I feel much safer if they use a restroom that would prevent them from thinking too much about what I have under my clothes.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:49 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
And sexual assault, etc. can happen outside the bathroom like...everywhere else.
Y'know, someone should really consider a ban on sexual assault. Attack the problem at the source, kinda.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The laws being passed in NC and other embarrassing states makes criminals of these people, and I for one would say that's a considerable change.

Incidentally, who's going to decide who's a "legitimate" transgender and who isn't?
It will probably be the Target Employee who is Lucky enough to respond when a woman goes hysterical when a man walks into the Women's restroom .... By the way, they don't have to be wearing a dress. Self ID is all that is necessary. iF a private Family restroom was acceptable, then Target would not have opened the gate.

A Family/Private restroom is NOT acceptable to activists - it's just not radical or Political enough.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
But now a peeping pervert can be protected by law--- all he has to do is dress up and say he's transgender. The law includes locker rooms by the way. This is far different than a enclosed stall.

Ok, ignore the first paragraph, and you will see case after case of how this has happened already. Child molesters and rapists see this as way to access their prey and then hide behind LGBT protection laws:
https://autogynephiliatruth.wordpres...athroom-bills/

There was also an experiment done where someone dressed as a women and went into a women's room and the ladies freaked out. I'm sorry it's just not natural to do what we've done regarding restrooms and locker rooms. I vote for penis or no penis labels going forward
The ACTION of peeping is illegal regardless of who is doing it, or where it happens.

I'm sorry, but I don't take an anti trans blog as proof, and I so not have time to research each of those people. Based on the reports those people committed crimes, and if they are already breaking the law, why would breaking the bathroom law stop them?

As for the video, I saw it today, and Joey Salad has had numerous videos of his "social experiments" debunked and it is well known that he uses actors to get the response he wants on camera.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:16 PM

1,073 posts, read 623,188 times
Quote:
The ACTION of peeping is illegal regardless of who is doing it, or where it happens.

I'm sorry, but I don't take an anti trans blog as proof, and I so not have time to research each of those people. Based on the reports those people committed crimes, and if they are already breaking the law, why would breaking the bathroom law stop them?

As for the video, I saw it today, and Joey Salad has had numerous videos of his "social experiments" debunked and it is well known that he uses actors to get the response he wants on camera.
You don't see the out that this protection law can give? The people caught are the ones that was just that--- caught. Who knows how many others there will be that will have gotten away with it hiding behind the law? I'm sorry but if you don't see a problem here I guess we are just too different and will have to agree to disagree.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
You don't see the out that this protection law can give? The people caught are the ones that was just that--- caught. Who knows how many others there will be that will have gotten away with it hiding behind the law? I'm sorry but if you don't see a problem here I guess we are just too different and will have to agree to disagree.

We live in a sick world were sex offenders will use any loop they can find. This law gives them that loop. As long as we don't offend a very tiny part of the population....
Who knows how many men already have gotten away with peeping without the law? Men have been sneaking into the ladies room since before these laws, and I'm sure that not all of them have been caught.
Sex offenders are already breaking the law, what makes you think that they would not break the bathroom laws already in existence?
In reality men sexually assault women on the street, in their homes, in stores, at schools, maybe we should just ban men from being in public places since some might use that as an excuse to rape and molest.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:11 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
There is a huge outrage where I live about this, with many people calling for boycotting.

Thing is, if you want to boycott every company that supports "the evil gays" you will no longer be able to do business secular society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies