Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 09:59 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

Well, no more shopping at Target. And to ^^^, stop with the dramatics. It isn't about the "evil gays"....I thought transgenders weren't gay...can you all make up your minds?

It's about: I don't want males in the same restroom as me.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:37 PM

89,047 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
Legitimate transgenders could already use the bathroom of the gender they identified with, because nobody would ever stop to question them if they looked like they belonged there. After all, where were these going to the bathroom yesterday? The same place they're going today. This changes nothing on that front.

Opposition to these policies is not about keeping transgenders out of certain bathrooms, its about preserving the privacy and safety of women. All that this policy actually accomplishes is giving perverts and sexual predators the right to use women's bathrooms in Target stores and giving them more freedom to peep, record or sexually assault women. When caught, they now have an excuse for being in there that they didn't have before.

This is political correctness overtaking common sense, and Target has made a statement that they favor a transgender's comfort over a young girl or woman's privacy or safety.
Exactly.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:41 PM

89,047 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Because they are the weaker sex and need protecting?

We don't care about the FtM transgendered perverts in men's rooms with little boys, right?
Wrong. Federal court upheld the expulsion from a state university in PA of a FTM trans student who was still anatomically female for using the men's multiple occupancy restroom/locker/shower room facilities just last March. The male students had complained about her using their facilities, and neither PA nor federal laws permit transgenders' use of opposite sex facilities.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:48 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,051 times
Quote:
Legitimate transgenders could already use the bathroom of the gender they identified with, because nobody would ever stop to question them if they looked like they belonged there. After all, where were these going to the bathroom yesterday? The same place they're going today. This changes nothing on that front.
Exactly. It mainly opens the door to those who do not look like women, nor act like women and usually think of themselves as lesbians.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Opposition to these policies is not about keeping transgenders out of certain bathrooms, its about preserving the privacy and safety of women. All that this policy actually accomplishes is giving perverts and sexual predators the right to use women's bathrooms in Target stores and giving them more freedom to peep, record or sexually assault women. When caught, they now have an excuse for being in there that they didn't have before.
They already had that right since there are no guards on bathrooms that stop anyone from using whatever bathroom they want. I haven't heard of a mass epidemic of men dressed as women strolling in to the women's bathroom. Have you?

Quote:
This is political correctness overtaking common sense, and Target has made a statement that they favor a transgender's comfort over a young girl or woman's privacy or safety.
No, it's political grandstanding by the politicians who suddenly are plagued with dirty thoughts over an issue that has never been an issue.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Because they are the weaker sex and need protecting?

We don't care about the FtM transgendered perverts in men's rooms with little boys, right?
Nope, because laws like the one in NC require FTM transsexuals to use the women's room, even if they have male anatomy.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I have no problem with what anyone wants to "identify" themselves as, but what if they just changed signs on bathroom doors to "penis" and "vagina"? I mean, I'm 100% for marriage equality and do not believe gay people or men born with penises who want to be women should be discriminated against..but how many people do these laws even really effect, and in all seriousness...I don't get it.
The problem with that is the transgenders who haven't had SRS yet, but are probably on hormones will have the upper body anatomy of a female, but have male genitals, meaning they go to the men's room.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It happened before there were any LGBT protections too, because ANYONE can walk into any bathroom. There are no guards at the door. I have walked right into the mens room when the ladies room line was too long. No one stopped me.

I await your links.
Yup, at my last job women would go to the men's room instead of standing in a huge line at the women's room. Sometimes they would go in while men were still in there, they would just sneak to the stall.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, no more shopping at Target. And to ^^^, stop with the dramatics. It isn't about the "evil gays"....I thought transgenders weren't gay...can you all make up your minds?
Transgenders can be gay. That's a separate issue.

Quote:
It's about: I don't want males in the same restroom as me.
And yet thanks to people like Pat McCrory, a female to male transsexual has use the same restroom as you.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:41 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Except they are now in violation of the law if they go into the restroom that they appear to be. Should they just break the law, and hope that they don't get caught?
Alright. I do not think it should be criminal in passive cases where a woman notices the difference, which is not obvious. No criminal action taken if in therapy. They still should have to leave if they are noticeable.

Target will soon realise most women will shop less because most are not going to trust restrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies