Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
well too bad. its going to happen.

i think poor black kids should be able to go to the same schools as rich white kids.
Are you fixing the issue or just moving the issue? Those wealthy neighborhoods and schools are wealthy because the parents worked hard to achieve that, they have earned the privilege of living in those homes and pay a lot of taxes for that privilege.

If these families do not integrate and bring the ghetto with them it's not going to be long before the property values go down, the wealthy begin leaving and subsequently the tax revenue goes down. It's magically turned into a poor neighborhood. That's a long process but nevertheless one that has been repeated numerous times across the country.

If you want to address this issue you need to address it where it exists, not move it somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 08:49 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times
Naw, poor black folks are too smart to move to the town where my neighbor Packard and I live. LOL

Now po white trailer trash tweaker slime bags on welfare, that's different. They seem to flock here in droves.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:08 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,372,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Naw, poor black folks are too smart to move to the town where my neighbor Packard and I live. LOL

Now po white trailer trash tweaker slime bags on welfare, that's different. They seem to flock here in droves.
Mmm kay.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:18 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe in Atlanta it's a Black/anglo white thing. Here in Arizona the rich whites or wannabe rich white people like in Scottsdale DON'T like lower income white people. In other words; IF you're a rich Black dude, the rich white people would RATHER have you as a neighbor.
I couldn't rep you again but your post is spot on! It isn't a racial issue but a class issue. Middle class whites don't want lowlife whites who are meth dealers living in their neighborhoods. Neither do middle class blacks want lowlife blacks with criminal records in their neighborhoods.

Middle to upper class blacks and whites don't care about a neighbor's race, religion or ethnicity. All they care about is having a neighbor who is clean, quiet and law-abiding.

Attempting to force low income people on a neighborhood, just doesn't end well.

The link from the Baltimore Sun had this worrisome excerpt:

Two state lawmakers from Baltimore County said Monday they expect to explore the volatile issue of affordable housing during the upcoming General Assembly session in Annapolis.

"I think it's one of those issues that people are either for or against," said Del. Stephen W. Lafferty, a Baltimore County Democrat.

Lafferty has sponsored legislation in the past that has been routinely defeated that would enact a statewide prohibition on landlords from turning away tenants with rent subsidies, known commonly as Section 8 vouchers.

"When one sees there are property owners who are willing to accept vouchers in certain parts of the county and not others, it denies the further opportunities people want," Lafferty said.

--------------------------------------
In other words, landlords will have little say when it comes to whom they rent their property. Far too many landlords have been burned renting to Section 8 tenants. For the most part, there is no screening of these tenants other than eligibility for vouchers.

When we had trouble selling our house some years back when we wanted to trade up, we ended up renting it and used a property management company. One of the documents we were given to sign indicated that we didn't want a Section 8 tenant. The property manager told us that in MD some counties, like Montgomery County, landlords were forced to accept a Section 8 tenant if one showed up wanting to rent the property.

I agree that no one should discriminate using race, religion or ethnicity. However, I think that landlords have the right to worry about whether or not their property will be trashed and if the tenants can make the rent. In our case, we were doing the rental on a shoestring budget. The rent was less than the mortgage payment. If we had Section 8 tenants who trashed the place, it would have been financially devastating for us. You can be sure as soon as the housing market improved, we unloaded the house!

Old 04-09-2016, 10:02 PM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The problem with this and I've seen it happen in a smaller city near me is those problems follow them where they go. There is lot of cheap housing in this area and the generous welfare benefits PA provides drive them here too. We had one incident where gang banger just about chopped some kids arm off which in this area is unheard of. There has been a steady influx of people from the NYC and other cities since the 90's and crime has risen right along with it. In 2013 the homicide rate for blacks in that community was like 200 and that's like more than 4 times the rate in Detroit, the county itself is like 2....
Johnstown PA starter advertising section 8 housing years ago. It's now one of the premier cesspools in the state.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:16 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
rentals everywhere
No they aren't.

The net net of this propsal will be more sprawl with HOA rules forbidding rentals.

Apartment buildings will go condo, reducing the number of rentals and raising rents for those still available.

The demise of transit will kill many downtowns.

Leftists are incapable of foreseeing the consequences of their beliefs and actions. It's part of their mental disorder.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:43 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
1. Don't live in areas with lots of rentals.

2. Don't live near public transit stops.

The unintended consequence of this is public transportation will be deader than a doornail in 10 years.
Just wait until gas prices start going up again. Public transportation is here to stay.

(BTW, all areas have rentals, and often rich areas have more rentals.)

And, contrary to what you think, criminals have cars.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:21 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Seems like Chapaqua NY would be a great place to start this. Given Hillary's love for diversity and a black population of 0.01%.

"Oh, great, now I'm going to have to get a black mail server."

--- Hill-billy Clinton

Old 04-10-2016, 12:26 AM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Ever since white liberals/democrats/progressives realized they failed first time around with civil rights laws/rules in the 1960's and 1970's they have been itching to remedy.

When federal government forced desegregation of schools, housing and so forth whites responded largely by packing up and moving. They fled urban areas for the suburbs taking their money, intelligence and industry with them, and leaving those too poor or otherwise to fed for themselves. Cities and other areas deprived of the tax base which comes from higher income households (and the industry they attract) fell into ruin.

So now comes Obama and his HUD (under both Donovan and Castro) who are going to do to white/upper class suburbs what the federal government did to the same in urban areas; bust them wide open by forcing in blacks, Latinos/Hispanics and the "poor".

Why are they doing this? Simple because everything down the line, schools, healthcare, public services, housing, etc... are vastly better in the suburbs than most inner cities. Anyone who thinks this move by HUD/Obama's administration is just about housing is missing the larger picture. Liberal Democrats and progressives *WANT* these poor or whatever to have access to the same quality institutions and services wealthy suburbs have built for themselves.

It won't stop just at housing. When the children of these low income families show up at suburban schools either totally unprepared and or with educational *issues* they are going to start pushing for funds for tutors, special education, etc.... They will also be quick to point the finger of discrimination at any single perceived slight or not getting their own way.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
I just love threads where Republicans prove everything that i already believe about them....not that i needed it.

Pretty soon, one of those "why won't Blacks vote Republican" threads will pop up. And i'll quickly be able to reference this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies