Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 05:14 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,357,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
Last time I checked, Al Sharpton is black and only cares about black causes.

Silicone valley is bringing in lower wage Indians to do all the grunt work, no need to re-victimize Africans again.
Well that makes al sharpton a racist.

I was referring to Silicon Valley the location in California where the tech global corporate offices are. That's what people are referring to when they discuss minorities in "Silicon Valley." These offices aren't filled with "lower wage Indians."

Old 04-15-2016, 05:26 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Latinos and Asians underrepresented in the NBA. Why isn't al sharpton and the Libs advocating for affirmative action policies? Why is the NBA so racist against other minorities?

In other news, al sharpton says Silicon Valley needs to hire more blacks because they are underrepresented. Claims racism.
as for Latinos and asians they rule in other sports soccer baseball- martial arts-- who cares

Old 04-15-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
as for Latinos and asians they rule in other sports soccer baseball- martial arts-- who cares
Underrepresentation = discrimination and racism
Liberal Race baiters and race pimps care. You just proved the point of my entire thread.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:32 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
I always laugh at this apples and oranges comparison.

In case you didn't know, the NBA employees roughly 450 players. With such a small number, teams must employ the best of the best to be competitive.

Conversely, Silicon Valley employs about 400K workers.

If the NBA had 400K players you might have a point.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:35 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
The Golden State Warriors have two dudes from Brazil and I don't see them crying about it.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:44 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Underrepresentation = discrimination and racism
Liberal Race baiters and race pimps care. You just proved the point of my entire thread.
whats the point ? that some one always complains about something? When you line up talented people INCLUDING women- who can handle that sport and they tell them NO-- let me know - there are always instigators- I know in sports its all about talent-- equals money - you could be blue or green just make the shot.
now wanna harp PAY THE Women soccer players equally... I will jump up and down with you on that one

Old 04-15-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I always laugh at this apples and oranges comparison.

In case you didn't know, the NBA employees roughly 450 players. With such a small number, teams must employ the best of the best to be competitive.

Conversely, Silicon Valley employs about 400K workers.

If the NBA had 400K players you might have a point.
You're not getting the analogy. So then why are all the "best" always African Americans? All races are equal physically and mentally right?

The point is that races are underrepresented because of their abilities, not racism. Silicon Valley is just as competitive as any sports team. Each company in Silicon Valley is competing against each other and the world. You clearly don't understand how competitive the corporate and business world is.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
whats the point ? that some one always complains about something? When you line up talented people INCLUDING women- who can handle that sport and they tell them NO-- let me know - there are always instigators- I know in sports its all about talent-- equals money - you could be blue or green just make the shot.
now wanna harp PAY THE Women soccer players equally... I will jump up and down with you on that one
The point was clearly stated in my OP.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:21 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
You're not getting the analogy. So then why are all the "best" always African Americans? All races are equal physically and mentally right?

The point is that races are underrepresented because of their abilities, not racism. Silicon Valley is just as competitive as any sports team. Each company in Silicon Valley is competing against each other and the world. You clearly don't understand how competitive the corporate and business world is.

African-Americans are not a race. They are a CULTURE.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
African-Americans are not a race. They are a CULTURE.
So if an Asian or Latino is raised in a black neighborhood or family culture they are African American?!

Let me educate you [url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization[/url])

Race, as a social construct, is a group of people who share similar and distinct physical characteristics.

Lesson over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies