Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 08:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's a legit HOFamer.

He needs to sacrifice them for his JOB...that's why. And he needs the job.

Accomplishments? The guy is a pitcher, not the inventor of the Polio vaccine.

When he tried a foray into a non baseball job, he failed miserably and lost damn near every penny he had. And now he's lost his gig as an analyst. Accomplishments? Maybe you'd better do your research next time.

Of course, if you followed sports, you'd know all this. But I don't expect former male cheerleaders to know all that much about baseball.

And speaking of accomplishments, are you claiming to be accomplished yourself? Because if you are, list 'em.

You were being rational, then you got emotional...

Why does anyone need to sacrifice themselves for another person or people? There is no value in that.
His accomplishments add value to his virtue.

Why would I place others above my own, unless they had some value to me? If I am forced to deny what my mind is rationally thinking, without the evidence to disprove what my mind is telling me is rational, I become an enslaved idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I could not care less, as I do not listen to coverage folks much anyway.

How is that logical? much less rational thought?
If you could not careless... You sure took time from your busy productive day to care a little.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:54 PM

34,082 posts, read 17,134,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How is that logical? much less rational thought?
If you could not careless... You sure took time from your busy productive day to care a little.

Very little time, but enjoyed watching the RWNJ distress over such a trivial thing.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Very little time, but enjoyed watching the RWNJ distress over such a trivial thing.
So, you are just trolling the thread? An emotional reaction, from a weak mind?
All in an effort to bash someone for rational thinking, using reason and evidence to support their words?

When the truth offends you, there is a serious problem with your conscious.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
So, you are just .

enjoying the comical thread. An ESPN analyst lost a job ..not breaking news.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
enjoying the comical thread. An ESPN analyst lost a job ..not breaking news.

Did he get punished for rationally thinking and coming to the truth, or did the truth offend someone and he was fired on emotion? Is this their effort to force him to sacrifice his rational thought, to be enslaved by only their/your thinking, based upon emotion? His is based upon fact, evidence and history.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:38 PM

His employer chose to terminate his employment. Nothing more, nothing less. A job is not a divine right, and the network belongs to the employer.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
His employer chose to terminate his employment. Nothing more, nothing less. A job is not a divine right, and the network belongs to the employer.

When you get canned and you have a legal document called a contract for your terms of service, there better be evidence you were justified in breaking the contract. Breaking contracts have more consequences than just a slap on the wrist... But you are an employee with little value and no contract of employment with your master, I would not expect your to know that...

Ask your buddy Oberman about that.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
When you get canned and you have a legal document called a contract for your terms of service, there better be evidence you were justified in breaking the contract. ..
As a public figure, anything you say they feel harms them economically( NBA is gonna move All Star NC game over this law) is grounds, and we both know dozens of ESPN f/t lawyers did review this already.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:56 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
....According to who? Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences from said speech.

No issues with a multinational corporation taking on the role of though police?

How about just coming up with more convincing reasons for your positions?

Then you won`t have to punish people for disagreeing with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies