Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 12:08 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Who would you suggest be the First woman President?........I would prefer one not being bought and paid for with foreign $$$$$.

We're talklng about this woman NOW for this election and there are many smart strong women who also could do a good job. Who wants this position anyway, give up their private lives for THIS....how many here who spew their anger would want this aging job?

I may not be around for the next round...never know.

So many here complain and complain and see no good in our country. What have you all done for your country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 12:10 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Queens have ruled over men for thousands of years. I think Hillary Clinton will make a fine president. She will surround herself with competent people.
That's a royalty thing. They were put into power by men just like most female management.

No, Clinton will be worse than Obama as unbelievable as that seems.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:32 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We're talklng about this woman NOW for this election and there are many smart strong women who also could do a good job. Who wants this position anyway, give up their private lives for THIS....how many here who spew their anger would want this aging job?

I may not be around for the next round...never know.

So many here complain and complain and see no good in our country. What have you all done for your country?
There are a lot of women in this country that would make a good POTUS, is Hillary one of them?

The founding fathers of this country expected an informed electorate to decide who should be POTUS, among the qualities one should look for are traits that define ones character like trustworthy, honesty and virtue. Have we as an electorate fallen so low that these traits no longer matter?

Like you, I may not be around for the next election cycle, but the choices we make will affect my children and grandchildren, now ask yourself if you are going to leave them better than what you have it. If the person you chose to vote for has the interest of your children and grandchildren in mind.

What have I done for my country, I've given it my blood.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:32 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Who is the BEST person for 2017.... Why do some hot heads have to go to the "between the legs"...a lot of haters.

Maybe Bernie is the best.
You are contradicting yourself again....Hillary is the most qualified, but maybe Bernie is the best.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:35 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You are contradicting yourself again....Hillary is the most qualified, but maybe Bernie is the best.
She'll just be an extension of Barack Obama.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
I'd like to see both Bernie and Hillary working together actually.

So, Barack has been a pretty darn good leader... He's not a hot head that's for sure.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:14 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times
Default 44 Straight Caucasian/Mixed Race Male Presidents

It's time to break the chain and vote for someone like Laverne Cox. Break all of the barriers in 2016!!!

Old 05-18-2016, 01:16 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
I'ts about time to change that. Time for a Female leader of the U.S. And no president has ever been near perfect, so don't go there with all the downsides etc But I know you all will.

And remember this, if everyone got a message almost daily and women ruled the world -- so much Peace.
So you were supporting Carly Fiorina?

Old 05-18-2016, 01:29 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Since so many here think America is so terrible and in so much trouble, go live in another country, we could do well with less anyway. I'm close to being here in America for 78 yrs. And it's been pretty DAMN good to me. And me to it.
Many of us don't think the country is terrible, we just think mindless partisan lever pullers like you contribute to ruining the country. Your FIRST thought regarding yourself -- "it's been pretty DAMN good to me". We need more people whose first thought is for the country, not themselves.

Quote:
And since it's so terrible, refuse your SS payments and don't accept Medicare.
You really reveal your ignorance here. For people over 65, there is no other choice, It is either Medicare or nothing. Re SS, many people wish they could have had those SS contributions to invest instead...likely generating more benefit for themselves, and thus their families. You mentioned that you were an employee and never supervised anyone, so your attitude doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Don't call the police or fire dept. Or use Fema.

I have enough republican friends who tear up america, but use all the services provided to them....it's mindboggling the mentality. And they have really nice lives.

Read the Republican Brain.
The above is what really reveals that you are a party minded lever puller. Did it ever occur to you that your 'friends' (If you object so much to their mindset, why are you friends with them?) are people who revere the Constitution, believe in a limited federal government, and just happen to be Republicans? Of course not. That is not what you have been told by the people who tell you how to think. Some of us aren't Republicans, love our country, love the constitution, and want a limited federal government more in alignment with the intent of our founders. I'm an Independent, and I can't stand the mindset of big spending, Chamber of Commerce, country club Republicans.

"And they have really nice lives" Again, reveals your focus on personal circumstances. The critiques you hear from your friends might be based on principles they hold dear. What do those principles have to do with personal circumstances? Answer...nothing.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:30 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
So you were supporting Carly Fiorina?
I wish she'd have gotten more traction. She was among the best of the candidates from either party. Best of all, a business background, not just one more DC drone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies