Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:03 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
In Israel he would have gone to jail for two years if he couldn't prove she stole it from a locked safe. We need that law here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 05:05 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You anti gun nuts don't even read what you post do you? You sure don't waste any time exploiting a tragedy to push your political agenda though. Never let a childs death go to waste, right?
Anyone who thinks more of guns than a child's life isn't much of a human.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:09 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In Israel he would have gone to jail for two years if he couldn't prove she stole it from a locked safe. We need that law here.
As a pro 2A / anti gun control guy...i have no issue with stating the father in this case was negligent in several failed courses of action. As you mentioned, he could have had it locked up (I disagree with this method for guns that are for self defense purposes - none of mine are locked up and they are kept loaded), He could have taught his daughter the dangers of firearms and as well as proper handling of such. I taught my daughter when she was around 7 or 8 years old, she's 13 now, and I've never had an issue with her "wanting" to play with my firearms...as she's well aware of the dangers and she understands the purpose behind such a weapon. Regarding younger children - it is on the gun owner to ensure their firearms are out of reach of the curious toddler. I'm sure others can chime in with other viable courses of action...but those are the immediate ones that come to mind.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Anyone who thinks more of guns than a child's life isn't much of a human.
It's not about thinking more of "guns" than the child's life. The loss of the child's life is a tragedy. The loss of a constitutional right would be even more tragic. Blame the parent, not the tool involved.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:29 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
And so do cars, baseball bats, and blunt objects....

OH WAIT.........someone is behind all those objects, what is behind all those objects? Do tell....we will wait...

Old 05-23-2016, 05:31 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Correction on the bold above. gun never rise up by themselves
Oh yes, a gun is nothing but a harmless inanimate object. Sort of like a sponge or a marshmellow or a freshly made batch of custard in a tin foil pie pan.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Oh yes, a gun is nothing but a harmless inanimate object. Sort of like a sponge or a marshmellow or a freshly made batch of custard in a tin foil pie pan.
A gun is completely harmless inanimate object until it's utilized by a human. It takes a person to actually operate it, like any tool.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:48 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
The proliferation of guns in America has consequences. You can face them (or not).
The problem isn't proliferation of guns.

It's proliferation of morons. The largest breeding group in this country.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:49 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:

And you think a gun is not an inanimate object? LMFAO!!! Damn! Hey! I have a bridge to sell you. Hahahaha!
Unbelievable. Where do these people come from?

Old 05-23-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The problem isn't proliferation of guns.

It's proliferation of morons. The largest breeding group in this country.
Quote:
Rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies