Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 09:42 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think abortion is here to stay as disgusting as it is. But if I can persuade one person in my life to not have an abortion by pointing out the simple, unbiased truths about it...I have done something wonderful. Especially if the baby that would have been murdered is born and does something great.
As it should be. Not your body, not your issue. No one is alive until they are out of the woman's body, hence why we celebrate "birthdays" and not "conception days".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 09:45 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
As it should be. Not your body, not your issue. No one is alive until they are out of the woman's body, hence why we celebrate "birthdays" and not "conception days".
"No on is alive"

The opinion of ignorant doctors who cannot cure the common cold much less give an informed opinion on something as complex as a human being developing in the uterus.

It wasn't that long ago they were dancing around with beads and doing blood letting. But you trust their opinion on what is human or not?

Live your life in denial much?

Old 07-02-2016, 10:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
"No on is alive"

The opinion of ignorant doctors who cannot cure the common cold much less give an informed opinion on something as complex as a human being developing in the uterus.

It wasn't that long ago they were dancing around with beads and doing blood letting. But you trust their opinion on what is human or not?

Why are you relying on the opinion of Doctors. They don't really have any claim to this issue. In fact we leave it to the individual woman to decide.

If any profession can help it would be philosophers. But if you really want to do the drill on "substance" and "accidents" and all that expect many words and little truth.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:27 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
Quote:
"No on is alive"

I trust their opinion, since they are someone who has spent years upon years in higher level education and apprenticeship (residency) in this field, some of them even published, more than an anonymous, biased person on an Internet forum.

Science works that way you know, things are sometimes wrong at first once until new information is found. Remember when people thought the world was flat too? Do you discredit all scientists because they weren't right on the first try or guess?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:35 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
"No on is alive"

Okay. So whose learned opinion should we lean on? You have basically discounted doctor and scientists. I know we should listen to Jerry Falwell who told us that tele-tubbies would make us gay,

Old 07-03-2016, 01:54 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
I think abortion is here to stay as disgusting as it is. But if I can persuade one person in my life to not have an abortion by pointing out the simple, unbiased truths about it...I have done something wonderful. Especially if the baby that would have been murdered is born and does something great.
Weren't you the one who wanted to end all welfare programs? Why yes, you were.

Quote:
Sounds to me like a good time to up the ante on education for young people about the ramifications for having unprotected sex.

And motivate them by ending all welfare programs.
This would virtually guarantee children born to poor parents have a terrible start to life. Stop pretending you care about babies. You don't give a flying **** at a rolling donut about them after they're born.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:23 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Children will be killed because of this yet you two think it's a great decision. Maybe the end times are near.
Or children will be brought into this world unwanted, and will grow up on the wrong side of the street and cost taxpayers a lot of money to attempt to fix them when many are unfixable.

Let the "when is life" argument begin, and I guess who gives a care about the mother or anyone else that would be affected by a child.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
I have been off C-D for two days and this has gone almost 20 something pages since I last posted. I guess no one has effectively solved why abortions should be allowed in this country then?
Haven't you heard? The SCOTUS effectively solved why abortions should be allowed in this country.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:23 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In the biggest reproductive rights case since Casey, Texas law HB2 - which required that abortion providers have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles and that abortion providers adhere to the same requirements as for outpatient surgical providers.

Of course, these requirements had no purpose whatsoever other than to make providing and obtaining an abortion more expensive and more of a hassle.

Justice Breyer authored the majority opinion in the 5-3 case, which broke along predictable lines.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions...5-274_p8k0.pdf
I have always found it confusing that liberals will scream to high heaven over animal abuse yet turn around and support murdering a child in the wome. If you really think about it there are a lot of liberal dichotomies out there.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I have always found it confusing that liberals will scream to high heaven over animal abuse yet turn around and support murdering a child in the wome. If you really think about it there are a lot of liberal dichotomies out there.
Why always misstate the disagreement?

The disagreement is clearly when the persons existence begins. Many would suggest a single cell or few cell object is not a human. And it is hard to suggest that it is. It is not customary to bury or baptize menstrual products any of which could be a fetus. So apparently the major churches do not take pains to protect such objects.

At some place in the gestation period the fetus reaches the stage of development that allows it to live outside the womb. This is clearly an individual and has the rights of any infant.

Between those two point in gestation there is the time when many may disagree about the status of the fetus.

The current decision is that during that period the women hosting the fetus is the sole decision maker as to the status and treatment of the fetus.

Many may not like that decision but it still does not justify claims of killing babies and such nonsense.

And it is probably as good a rule as we are going to get. So start convincing the femalies involved as to what you think they should do.. It is their decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies