Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:44 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes. Government should not control who I can have sex with, how I spend my money and what I eat, drink or smoke.
All governments do control, since 5000 years ago.
Even adultery is still a crime in many countries in the world.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:46 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Say that to your daughter.
My daughter doesn't need the government to tell her how to behave. If your daughter needs the government to control who she has sex with you have failed as a parent.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
What wrong signal is that? Are you saying that poor women shouldn't have an equal opportunity to earn money?
They do, but not by selling their body.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:48 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"New" definition of freedom? What does two people having sex voluntarily impose upon you??? And what specific freedom to you lose as a result? What initiation of force does their personal agreement impose upon you??? None. That is specifically why you have no say. No one who believe in human freedom is proposing that you would be forced to participate in prostitution if you choose not to...your argument is simply imaginary...get back to us when you can show that anyone is forcing you to do anything...
Fine. Then lobby your politicians and judges to force me to accept this new law.
Go ahead and try to make prostitution legal, and those who favor the current law,
being that it is ILLEGAL, will be forced to adhere to your state definition of freedom.
Have fun.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
My daughter doesn't need the government to tell her how to behave. If your daughter needs the government to control who she has sex with you have failed as a parent.
So it's ok for your daughter to be a prostitute if she wants to? Talking about failed parent.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
All governments do control, since 5000 years ago.
Even adultery is still a crime in many countries in the world.
I didn't say they don't control people's lives. That doesn't make it right. Just because something is a crime doesn't make it wrong or immoral.

Governments deciding what is a crime or not a crime is not a valid test of right and wrong.

Government is all about power and governments love to increase their power. Wanting to control others is a common weakness of politicians.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:56 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Fine. Then lobby your politicians and judges to force me to accept this new law.
Go ahead and try to make prostitution legal, and those who favor the current law,
being that it is ILLEGAL, will be forced to adhere to your state definition of freedom.
Have fun.
I don't lobby this evil government to use force against any of my neighbors. I obey the non-aggression principle. I am not a thug, nor a tyrant, and I do not see myself as a God among humans.

You still have not even hinted how others freedom to participate in prostitution in any way forces you to do anything against your will...because you cannot.

The only real crime that can ever exist, is when one person initiates force upon another. All other "crimes" are fictional.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
So it's ok for your daughter to be a prostitute if she wants to? Talking about failed parent.
No, I didn't say that it's OK. I'm confident that she would not choose that profession but it certainly is her choice, not the government's choice and not my choice.

Why do you think you know what's best for me? I certainly don't know what's best for you and prefer to let you make your own choices. Why do you want to make my choices for me?

Old 07-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I didn't say they don't control people's lives. That doesn't make it right. Just because something is a crime doesn't make it wrong or immoral.

Governments deciding what is a crime or not a crime is not a valid test of right and wrong.

Government is all about power and governments love to increase their power. Wanting to control others is a common weakness of politicians.
But laws reflect social norms.
In America, many people still consider prostitution inappropriate.

Sometimes I speed on highways, but I never consider speeding good.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:00 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
But laws reflect social norms.
In America, many people still consider prostitution inappropriate.

Sometimes I speed on highways, but I never consider speeding good.
You can kill or maim someone by speeding. Generally, the same can't be said of prostitutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies