Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 11:15 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
We need laws to protect children, women etc. If you come from some tribe in the jungle you may not agree.
Are you done acting like everyone's dad now?

Or should we also have nutrition requirements for women?
Mandatory bedtimes for women?
No talking to strangers?

Is that quite enough for you now?

Old 07-03-2016, 11:16 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
We need laws to protect children, women etc. If you come from some tribe in the jungle you may not agree.
Laws already exist to protect those individuals. Sex worker rights supporters simply want the same protections to those that choose to work as sex workers (and in return enhance laws against things like child prostitution and human trafficking)

Old 07-03-2016, 11:17 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,051,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I had a long term relationship with a woman who was a working girl. We considered marriage but ended it amicably because of other unrelated differences. From that a friendship that lasted over 2 decades. She is like family to me and so are the friends in my circle from that part of my life
So you didn't marry her. And you are a "john", so biased. You only argue to justify your illegal behavior.

Your friend circle is a little extraordinary too. Birds of a feather flock together?

Old 07-03-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Most prostitutes are from poor families. They made that "choice" because they felt they had no better option.
It's inhumane to take advantage of poor women.
You obviously don't know much about the topic nor have interviewed "most prostitutes". Many people working undesirable jobs are doing so out of little other option. It doesn't mean that we should legislate that decision out of concern for them.

btw... my previous GF made much more than I at the time we were together. She has a son now in college and it is partially funded by her and her alone.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:19 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Ok I hope you can marry a prostitute and give her happiness. But the fact is most men won't, so we cannot use you to represent the norm.
I don't need to give her happiness. She is a independent woman who can make decisions on her own.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Are you done acting like everyone's dad now?

Or should we also have nutrition requirements for women?
Mandatory bedtimes for women?
No talking to strangers?

Is that quite enough for you now?
No everyone can eat meat etc.
But women should not sleep with strangers to make money.

Your logic is weird, reflecting the fact that you think like a child.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
So you didn't marry her. And you are a "john", so biased. You only argue to justify your illegal behavior.

Your friend circle is a little extraordinary too. Birds of a feather flock together?
We didn't marry had did not have anything to do with her job. Each and every day, relationships end... it doesn't mean that it ended because of their job. We were very passionate with each other and our time together is different from her time with her customers. I was no more her customer than I am my current wife's IT department when I fix her computer. Our lives together is perfectly legal and no business of anyone but ourselves.

If you really were knowledgeable of the topic, you would already know that. My primary concern is her and my friends' safety. As I said, I would support motions to make the sale of sex LEGAL while the purchase of sex ILLEGAL for purely the safety of the sex workers.

Your perceived bias against my life's choices doesn't change the human rights issue here. If anything, it makes me more knowledgeable about the topic than you will ever be. Again. a bad attempt at distracting from the topic.

You have yet to rectify support of abortion rights but not legalization of prostitution... until then you don't have leg to stand on.

A truly intelligent individual would put aside biases and actually listen to people's positions and those that have first hand knowledge to frame future stances. Obviously you are incapable of doing that.

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Laws already exist to protect those individuals. Sex worker rights supporters simply want the same protections to those that choose to work as sex workers (and in return enhance laws against things like child prostitution and human trafficking)
If he was actually interested in protecting women rather than in being oppressive, he'd know that the best way to protect women is to end the draconian prostitution ban that only serve to incentivise their exploitation and abuse.

But that seems to not be the case.

Quote:
You obviously don't know much about the topic nor have interviewed "most prostitutes". Many people working undesirable jobs are doing so out of little other option. It doesn't mean that we should legislate that decision out of concern for them.

btw... my previous GF made much more than I at the time we were together. She has a son now in college and it is partially funded by her and her alone.
Undesirable jobs can be productive and are contributions to our society.
Prostitution is not one if them. Again, you are a john and you are biased. We should not take you too seriously. I hope you will not go to jail.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:23 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
No everyone can eat meat etc.
But women should not sleep with strangers to make money.

Your logic is weird, reflecting the fact that you think like a child.
Who are you to decide whom I should sleep with and for what reason?

Do you not know how absurd you sound?

This is not communist China where the government tells everyone how to think and whom they can have sex with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies