Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 02:00 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,800,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
https://mediamatters.org/video/2016/...d-media/211495

Okay, this video answers a question I've asked myself: Was the gun ever visible? Here the girlfriend says that the gun was never displayed, never visible. He never pulled out a gun. That is NOT the gun on his lap.
What was it?

Old 07-12-2016, 02:16 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Jesus ! Seeing that poor little kid sitting in the back of that car while they smoked pot broke my heart ! And they wonder why in 10 years this same kid will be doing drivebys ! You know some of that smoke was inhaled by the little boy. If that isn't child endangerment, I don't know what is.

As for him being pulled over 52 times.........uh, and you think the police were the ones at fault somehow ? It's a miracle this guy lived as long as he did, living the kind of life he did. And that chick is no better and should lose custody of her child. It might not be too late to save him from following in Baby Daddy's footsteps.

Very sad situation, and all too common. This is the martyr the protesters want to riot for ?

Don

Old 07-12-2016, 02:31 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
If the cop had nothing to hide, why did he lawyer up so quickly? He had a lawyer the next day.
Wouldn't you?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraaus View Post
How does someone with no arrest record get pulled over that many times???? How does anyone get pulled over that many times??? How many white men get pulled over that many times? I bet NONE! So this is a prime example of racial profiling. If you get pulled over that many times, eventually something bad is going to happen! Unbelievable!
Maybe a bad driver or car in very bad shape.

The girl friend and her Marijuana use in front of her 4 yr old in the car doesn't show great parenting skill nor common sense behavior.

A principal in one of my kids school said years,ago " if you hang out with losers you become a loser and if you hang out with winners you become a winner".

He clearly didn't choose the latter when we see her face book videos.

If you see how many successful black people came from bad neighborhoods than it is possible to make something of your life.

Isn't Obama the best example. Loretta Lynch etc....

Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
While the cops may have a need to shoot or bomb someone actively hunting them they do not have any right to shoot an unarmed person during a traffic stop no matter how annoying they are.

I say this because I never intend to hunt people but I may get stopped for a traffic violation and I do not want to get shot for speeding or failing to pause at a Yield sign.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:56 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
pulled over and shot is two different things - also the why you shot-- is important
Yeah, and the fact that it was a Hispanic officer that shot him. Getting the facts right used to be important too.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:06 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,668,599 times
Now the PD will start constructing a postmortem narrative that makes Castile out to be a big bad dude. They will look for weed in his system and show how much he looked like the robbery suspect. What they won't say is that if they have stopped him 50 times they know him pretty good, they know the kind of guy he is, they have got the background check back many times. When they saw the video they would have known in second if that was the guy who they have become so familiar with during all those traffic stops. They will cast shade on a good man to save a cop who probably should have never put on a uniform.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:07 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Lets write about the officers background not a deceased man who can't defend himself. When people do this they are scum bags.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:57 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
That doesn't surprise me. I have to be honest and say that living in a predominantly African descended place outside of the mainland U.S. makes it clear that the mainland has a serious issue. The difference is glaringly obvious.

Of course, there are problems everywhere, but I appreciate where I live even more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Yeah, and the fact that it was a Hispanic officer that shot him. Getting the facts right used to be important too.
Hispanic is not a race, btw.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:32 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Lets write about the officers background not a deceased man who can't defend himself. When people do this they are scum bags.

Did you take the time to watch that video of him and Baby Mama smoking pot with that little child in the back seat, observing everything and being exposed to 2nd hand pot ? Evidently, that does not seem unusual to you (to say the least). I lived among these types of upstanding citizens for a few years, and recognize the type. We would find their 3 year olds wandering around the parking lot at night alone, while Mama and BF were off somewhere or high.

How anyone could even begin to want to defend this scum is unimaginable. If you are stopped 52 times in 14 years, it ain't profiling, my friend. It is because you are somehow doing something so obvious that they take notice and want to check you out. That high number has nothing to do with skin color, it has to do with lifestyle.

There is no defending people like these two.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies