Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 05:30 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
You do know that afterwards Barilla Pasta bent over backwards trying to appease Gay Families. Do not forget that Gay Couples have Families and Friends. Barilla was not just losing Gay Couples, but their relatives and friends as well. Apparently, this corporation did not want to lose CUSTOMERS.

You can also go beyond Gay people. Christian Hobby Lobby. One post on Facebook about how a clerk told a Jewish customer that they were a CHRISTIAN company and therefore did not stock Non-Christian items. Did you hear about that one? Hobby Lobby backed down and issued a statement that they would carry Jewish Holiday crafts.

You have to understand that this Platform is not just about discrimination against Gays. It can be applied to discrimination against other religions as well. So a staunch religious Christian business should have the right to refuse an Orthodox Jew, Muslim, or Satanist? If you give the the right to refuse services to Gay Couples, you give them the right to refuse service to other Religions as well.

How about just, "Sorry, we have no more tables, rooms, etc., available?" Do NOT make a RELIGIOUS issue of it which the Republicans want to do to appease the Evangelical Christian Right to get their VOTES.
Yes, I know that Hobby Lobby is owned by and operates as a Christian business. That's pretty much why I don't shop there for my Hanukah decorations. Should they be FORCED to carry anything not Christian. NO! I don't boycott Hobby Lobby, I just know that they are not going to have anything Jewish related, so they are not the go-to place for my "Jewish themed" needs. BFD.

Gay is not a religion. In fact, Jewish/Christian/Muslim/Baha'i faiths have all recognized the admonition of the Old Testament with regard to homosexuality.

I have never wanted to appease anyone of any faith. I have only wanted to make sure that someone's Constitutionally protected right to freely exercise their religion is NOT infringed upon. Regardless of whether they are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or whatever other faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 06:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Actually , it is the same thing. That is why businesses cannot post a "whites only" sign like so many did across much of the country until the sixties.
Actually the public, choose to write laws which limited that from taking place.. of which businesses have to comply with..

a business, isnt considered completely private once they open up the doors to the public.

Try again.. This time, understand what private property actually is..

Old 07-12-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You have poor comprehension skills.

The discussion is about the Democratic Party and the Republican Party and their stances on issues as they relate to the LGBT community.

No where is Senator Clinton's (or Mr. Trump's) name mentioned in the title or the body of this thread's discussion.

As the OP of this thread perhaps I should report anyone who tries to hijack or derail this thread.
There is no comprehension issue, just liberals pretending Democrats have supported gay rights for decades, when in fact, they not only didnt, but it took a Republican group, (Log Cabin Republicans) to push forward gay rights, removing DADT among other things, which Democrats opposed.

You can pretend Democrats have been fighting for rights for decades, but thats just a complete lie.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
NO. The DISCUSSION is about 'Republicans Reaffirm Anti Gay Positions'! JEEZ!
I'm sorry you are having such difficulty following along with the discussion. Go back and read the posting I responded to.. its really not that difficult to find.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:48 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
but it took a Republican group, (Log Cabin Republicans) to push forward gay rights, removing DADT among other things, which Democrats opposed.
Please cite your source for this claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27...al_Act_of_2010

Old 07-12-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Please cite your source for this claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27...al_Act_of_2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_Ca..._United_States

Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thank you. I would draw your attention to the wiki link I provided covering the legislative attempts to overturn DADT. The Senate roll call vote tally shows Republicans voted near-uniformly against repeal and Democrats near-uniformly in favor of it.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:55 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
That is an absolute LIE! You may be thinking about GoProud, another gay rights group that was disinvited to the CPAC Conference after refusing to push the SSM agenda at the Conference.

GoProud was an activist group that collapsed after being disinvited to CPAC. The Log Cabin Republicans are still very active in the party.
Before you call me a liar for speaking the truth, maybe you'd better do some fact checking.

Log Cabin Republicans battle with CPAC organizers - POLITICO

No Room for Gay Republicans at Colorado Conservative Conference | Advocate.com

https://www.texasobserver.org/texas-...or-first-time/

The Log Cabin Republicans are outliers and their own party doesn't even want them on the floor at their events because the GOP panders to Bible beating homophobes.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I seem to remember a video of hilary saying that marriage is only for a man and woman, not 2 people of the same sex.
So you pretty strongly feel she owes it to the country and to Republicans to feel the same way today?

Old 07-13-2016, 01:14 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Republicans, the party of hate, repression and bigotry.

Gays with guns don't get bashed.

As for the Christian and muslim religious extremist scum, both ignorant religions need to be excised from the planet. They are responsible for most hate and killing since time began.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies