Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 06:35 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,677,723 times

Advertisements

Without a TIME MACHINE, there is NO FIX so get over it or DO SOMETHING about it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 06:37 PM

51,021 posts, read 24,518,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

However, the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted and set them "free".

It took a while but, the Civil Rights act was passed in 1964, school segregation was banned etc.

Gee, 200 years of slavery, 100 years before given normal rights, and you say "It took a while...". A bit of an understatement.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
It would take a few generations to undo the harm.
I will expand on this tomorrow. But, basically it has to do with changing the MEMES of the oppressed and the right wingers.
Uh; a "few" generations have gone by since Jim Crow was killed tho the hood rats of 2016 are the Klan in blackface keeping their "own people" down.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

As a woman, I was also thinking the EXACT same thing. And even though we're now in the 21st century, my daughters, who have degrees in and work in male-dominated fields, face sexism and discrimination every single day. Does that make them sit back and whine, "Poor me... I'm oppressed?" HELL no!!! They work their butts off, make NO excuses, and that has earned them the respect and support of all but the most staunchly and stubbornly sexist males with whom they work.
Can't be. There is no sexism or discrimination against women in the United States.

(Gee, that was easy; doesn't even matter if it's true or not).

Old 07-15-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Same reason why ANYONE has to work harder than others to "prove" themselves. How do you not understand that?

Even in lefty, Black-friendly academia, what's the meme? Publish or perish. What do you think that means?
I talked with many Blacks who said that they had to work harder than the White person next to them just because they were Black. I've seen it in my own school and school system.

There is no reason why anyone should have to work harder than anyone else just to be accepted. And I've heard the same from many a woman, as well.

How do you not understand that.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Are you saying liberals don't believe in evolution?
Survival of the fittest is one very small part of evolution. You can believe in survival of the fittest without believing in evolution.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I talked with many Blacks who said that they had to work harder than the White person next to them just because they were Black. I've seen it in my own school and school system.

There is no reason why anyone should have to work harder than anyone else just to be accepted. And I've heard the same from many a woman, as well.

How do you not understand that.
It's called "earning respect". I'm of Irish family and; a LOT of my "people" HAD to PROVE that not all "Irish" people were drunken hooligans even after WW 2. It is what it is.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:10 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,368,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You would forcibly remove African American children from their home and lock them away for 12-16 years while you indoctrinate them?

OP, you appear to be the one who is racist and tbh, quite disturbed.
There is no other solution. The home environment is toxic.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:19 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,031,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Colin Powell is first-generation born American. His parents are from Jamaica.

Why in the world do people act lIke every person of African descent in the United States has the same heritage?

Just lIke people of Asian origin come from different nations, so people of African descent come from different nations.

Not every so-called "black" person is the descendant of African slaves brought to the U.S.

Why is that so hard to grasp?

Goodness.

I used him for an example because from what I read he grew up under some very hard circumstances in a place with not a lot of opportunity. He took it upon himself to work hard to better himself. Excuse me for not knowing he was Jamaican. I also have trouble telling an Irishman from a swede............

Old 07-15-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Being from that country. What makes a person African American? Aren't we all just Americans?
I don't hear people say I am German or I am Italian unless they were actually born in that country. They say I have German ancestry or am of German decent or German American.
There are many German-American and Italian-American organizations, and there always have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies