Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 10:13 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It sounds as if you are struggling to escape from any White responsibility for slavery and race relations in this nation.
Slavery was abolished a long time ago and matter of fact Africans hunted their own people to put on one way tickets to Slavery. One of the contributing factors was Slavery in the Civil War and the lost of American life was Great.

Matter of fact the US Navy was intercepting Slave ships off the African Coast to stop Human Trafficking . USS Constellation (Sailing Warship Ship ) ware responsible in Apprehending one of the lead Captains in the transport of Slaves. This was actually a campaign that started before the Civil War, the President and the War Department.

So this ideal of "White Responsibility is crazy talk.

Now you want to speak of contributing factors in the inner city? Immigration is stealing jobs from able body men and women? Now that is one of many issues the BC has today and I do not here the BC outrage over Illegals Aliens stealing jobs and American Good will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 10:14 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
In regards to Black slavery in America, specifically, which is frequently cited as the reason why American Blacks "feel" oppressed, I am 100% correct.

Blacks enslaved other Blacks in Africa, first. Centuries later, they then sold other Blacks into the Atlantic slave trade. And the first legal owner of a Black slave in Colonial America was a Black Man.

All historical FACTS.
Again, you are attempting to escape from White responsibility for slavery. The misbehavior of one person does not excuse the misbehavior of another...except among kindergartners. It was wrong for White people to own Black people. Period.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:18 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. The reason most Whites have no clue about it is that they don't want to have a clue about it. If they put on political blinders, they won't see the truth about the situation.

2. No, you're right. The whole issue is not the fault of Whites. But working to make this nation the best it can be -- including in the field of civil rights and accepting that we are a multicultural nation -- should be a task that Whites contribute to...not just their own pet projects.

3. I think your repeated use of the term "mental illness" in this thread is ill-advised.
I apologize for saying mental illness, but I simply wanted to convey the message.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:19 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Blacks oppressed? Yes, some blacks are, but they are the ones oppressing themselves.

Educated blacks do just fine in our society. They aren't oppressed, they are doctors and lawyers and upper class executives. I don't know what else to do for the poor blacks, They are given a free education

howest2008 no we aren't....

which they tend to refuse to take advantage of.

howest2008.. because no such thing exist...LOL

They can have a free college education, which they don't take advantage of.

They won't teach their children that it is not smart to resist arrest

That's A Lie.....LOL

and then they blame the police for what happens to anyone, black or not, when they resist arrest.

That's A Lie ( Unarmed ) Whites Don't Get SHOT.....LOL...However Armed Whites DO...LOL

They want the police to protect them but they won't cooperate and they don't teach their children to stay away from crime,

A lying wonder doing what they do.....

which gives the whole race a bad reputation because the criminal element is large and makes itself obvious.

The criminal element of the African American Race is (SMALL) but very active because of
HOPELESSNESS and POVERTY.....

If you don't want the world to think you are criminals, you have to stop acting like criminals.

What do you mean stop getting parking tickets??????

Personally, I think that the welfare state has contributed greatly to this mess by encouraging the production of young

No That Would Be HUMAN NATURE ( To Reproduce Your Own Off Springs and Heritage )

when they can't be properly supported and welfare breaks up families by making it better for the father to be absent. But, I suppose OP was not suggesting the welfare be terminated.
Well A Clock is right twice a day......LOL

Last edited by Howest2008; 07-16-2016 at 10:30 AM..

Old 07-16-2016, 10:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No You Don't I'm An African American , but I'm not that easy show me a Internet Hyper-Link....LOL

Thank You Sir........

White Caucasian United States of America Slavery was totally different from all
other forms of Slavery.

P.S.
1. Whites could not be enslaved only Non-Whites
Huh?? Whites were enslaving other whites for most of human history.

Quote:
2. Slavery was not LIFE TIME SLAVERY until America
Yes it was. You were a slave for life. Your children were born slaves.

Quote:
3. Blacks could only own Black Slaves
True.

Quote:
4. Slaves were not allow to marry outside of theirs race
True.

Quote:
5. The brutal Punishment of SLAVES were out the chart BECAUSE OF WHITE RACISM
Actually, slaves in US history could expect about the same thing and any slaves in any period in human history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Rome
Quote:
Slaves were considered property under Roman law and had no legal personhood. Unlike Roman citizens, they could be subjected to corporal punishment, sexual exploitation (prostitutes were often slaves), torture, and summary execution. The testimony of a slave could not be accepted in a court of law unless the slave was tortured—a practice based on the belief that slaves in a position to be privy to their masters' affairs would be too virtuously loyal to reveal damaging evidence unless coerced. Over time, however, slaves gained increased legal protection, including the right to file complaints against their masters.
Roman slaves could be raped anytime their owner wished. In fact Emperor Augustus suggested that rather than having sexual affairs between Roman aristocratic families, the aristocrats should just rape their slaves to get the urge out of their system. They could be tortured or murdered at any time by their owners. In many ways, they had it worse than American slaves. Things gradually got better for slaves in Rome and many were able to purchase their own freedom and eventually even become citizens. Eventually, slavery was done away with entirely. Sounds a lot like that slave experience here in the USA actually.

I'm am not trying to say that slavery was okay. It wasn't. But you're trying to claim that black slaves in the USA had it worse than everyone in human history. This simply isn't true. And black slaves in places like Haiti and Brazil had it far worse generally. And none of that even compares to atrocites like the rape of the Belgian Congo. The thing is, really terrible atrocities have been ongoing for most of human history. Slavery in our history is tragic, but nothing about it was "the worst ever" in any aspect.

While it wasn't the first time it was done before, the "convenient color coding" approach taken by slavers of the colonial era means that you can spot a complete stranger on the street and with a good degree of accuracy say that their ancestors were or were not slaves. It tends to have a lingering effect because of it's association with skin color.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:21 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Blacks oppressed? Yes, some blacks are, but they are the ones oppressing themselves.

Educated blacks do just fine in our society. They aren't oppressed, they are doctors and lawyers and upper class executives. I don't know what else to do for the poor blacks, They are given a free education which they tend to refuse to take advantage of. They can have a free college education, which they don't take advantage of.

They won't teach their children that it is not smart to resist arrest and then they blame the police for what happens to anyone, black or not, when they resist arrest.

They want the police to protect them but they won't cooperate and they don't teach their children to stay away from crime, which gives the whole race a bad reputation because the criminal element is large and makes itself obvious. If you don't want the world to think you are criminals, you have to stop acting like criminals.

Personally, I think that the welfare state has contributed greatly to this mess by encouraging the production of young when they can't be properly supported and welfare breaks up families by making it better for the father to be absent. But, I suppose OP was not suggesting the welfare be terminated.
The condition you described is the product of how America has treated blacks since they first arrived.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are Hispanics who own these companies and probably make a whole lot more money than me or most RE Agents.

When was the last time you saw a Black owned company that will do this work? I'm sure there are a few out there somewhere.

That's the problem, people like you look down on people who will do this type of work. You'd rather sit home and live off the Govt dole.

Sure there are a FEW. The vast majority in those lines work for, not own.

It's not a question of looking down on any worker who does an honest day's work. It's about being honest about who owns businesses in America, and it's not usually Latinos and Blacks. If you have some data to show me I'm wrong, I'll be happy to consider it. But don't bother to cite some whacko far-right website.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, you should understand that species, etc., which DON'T adapt, render themselves irrelevant and die off. No?
And so, White America better begin adapting to multicultural America and make an effort to make it work better than it is.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:25 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
They're Jewish??

I guess some of them are Jewish. Good people generally. All that stuff. But kinda weird that you'd bring that up here, isn't it?

Jewish People are not the most HATED RACE because they can PASS FOR WHITE CAUCASIAN these days....LOL.....

Old 07-16-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Originally Posted by phetaroi
1. No doubt about it -- being a custodian, house painting, and yard work is really getting ahead (says the real estate agent).

And people like you would much rather have A Government Dole than A National Service Jobs
Program that President John F. Kennedy Championed Before He Was Assassinated.
I like the idea of a national service jobs corp type program. Very FDR-ish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies