Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 02:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Like to see you make a decision in a split second with a gun potentially involved.
Being able to remove a life should not require a high lever of expertise? Bad decisions should simply be accepted? They should have a license to kill if you will? There should be no repercussions for anything they do?

Old 07-18-2016, 03:06 PM

46,295 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Being able to remove a life should not require a high lever of expertise? Bad decisions should simply be accepted? They should have a license to kill if you will? There should be no repercussions for anything they do?
Are you saying that all black people who have been killed have all been bad decisions?

Old 07-18-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are you saying that all black people who have been killed have all been bad decisions?
I have no idea why people think stupid statements like this are a legitimate answer.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:58 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
I usually agree with you. Here, though, I wholly part ways with you. You know the answer to your questions below, but just in case:

Yes, the ability to remove a life should require a higher level of experience, which cops trained and tested and passed to get on the force, or they would not be on the police force.

No, bad decisions should never be "accepted." However, it is not up to you or me or the court of public opinion or BLM, or the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panthers to decide what is and what is not a "bad decision," no matter what the alleged "factual" video shows.

A license to kill. Seriously?

No repercussions for anything they do? It is not up to you or me or the court of public opinion or BLM or the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panthers to decide what repercussions should be meted out. I know you know police can be charged with a crime and serve time or receive the death penalty just like anyone else.

Was Dallas cop killer Micah Johnson radicalized online? - CNN.com

"Extremist groups generally use propaganda in the hopes of influencing people," said J.M. Berger of the George Washington University Program on Extremism. "They are trying to encourage lone wolf attacks where someone will carry out an attack in the name of the ideology they believe in but not have any connection to the organization that is promoting the ideology."

No one on this list or in BLM, the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panther Party, not whites, not one, not no one, has 100% grasp or understanding of what actually went on.

God Bless the peaceful protestors, God Bless Alton Sterling's precious family, God Bless our police and the families who lost their husbands and fathers.

Quote:

Old 07-18-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I usually agree with you. Here, though, I wholly part ways with you. You know the answer to your questions below, but just in case:

Yes, the ability to remove a life should require a higher level of experience, which cops trained and tested and passed to get on the force, or they would not be on the police force.
I did say expertise and not experience.

Quote:
No, bad decisions should never be "accepted." However, it is not up to you or me or the court of public opinion or BLM, or the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panthers to decide what is and what is not a "bad decision," no matter what the alleged "factual" video shows.
Yes we disagree. Society does have a say. It's not O.K. for the police to decide what is O.K. for other police to do.

Quote:
A license to kill. Seriously?
Why did I say that? For some there seems to be no such thing as going to far in killing someone. No matter what situation is posted here there is someone that is going to defend it. Yes, I realize that on a message board some will do this just to get a jolly but what does it take to get people to agree?

In many of the cases listed it's clear that the officer(s) lied. For many that is O.K. also.

Quote:
Was Dallas cop killer Micah Johnson radicalized online? - CNN.com

"Extremist groups generally use propaganda in the hopes of influencing people," said J.M. Berger of the George Washington University Program on Extremism. "They are trying to encourage lone wolf attacks where someone will carry out an attack in the name of the ideology they believe in but not have any connection to the organization that is promoting the ideology."

No one on this list or in BLM, the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panther Party, not whites, not one, not no one, has 100% grasp or understanding of what actually went on.

God Bless the peaceful protestors, God Bless Alton Sterling's precious family, God Bless our police and the families who lost their husbands and fathers.
This is about more than one instance.

The solution is not difficult. You have a board that is made up by people from differing walks of life to make the final determination on a shooting. A member of the police. The prosecutors office. A couple different community leaders. It shouldn't be 100% up to the police to police themselves.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:53 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about.
And yet you are the one that refused to answer. They were not difficult questions. I made sure of that.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:58 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
And yet you are the one that refused to answer. They were not difficult questions. I made sure of that.
Well in my rush I must have missed those. Please illuminate us.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:05 PM

46,295 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
I have no idea why people think stupid statements like this are a legitimate answer.
I have no idea why stupid people think a sentence with a "?" at the end of it...is a COMMENT....or even WHY it would be considered a COMMENT when it has a "?" at the end...

I guess reading comprehension sucks on the left.....

Old 07-18-2016, 06:45 PM

926 posts, read 979,731 times
52 pages of thread too much! i am outta here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies