Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:23 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,752,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you do know many welfare and food stamp recipients are our militray vets dont you?
I think that those who do not want "recipients" of the loot stolen from people by the thug government to be able to vote is simply that looters are "bought" votes. Having a system of extortion and theft run by government to steal from some to give to others leads to further strengthening the criminal enterprise of "entitlements".

Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 AM

21,992 posts, read 15,781,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Think healthcare needs to be reformed and Medicaid. Think Medicaid should only be given to those on disability and case by case basis of those who are homeless. For homeless have to be associated with a shelter or social service program. The insurance is temporary as long as your on disability and 24 month's for homeless with a 12 month gap before being abe to reapply..

Universal healthcare for those 65 and older.

Keep WIC program
I am so sick and tired of entitled seniors. Universal health care for 65 and older? How about universal health coverage for everyone or no one. Seniors vote all these benefits for themselves but I pay for it. Seniors were against health coverage for citizens younger than they are but want those same citizens without health coverage to pay for seniors.

Further, one in five seniors is also on Medicaid. That's right, one in five seniors collects Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. And let's not forget the unfunded Medicare Part D because seniors just can't suck up enough money for themselves while complaining about everyone else.

- Few seniors have actually paid for their Medicare benefits. According to an Urban Institute estimate, the typical retired couple paid $122,000 in lifetime Medicare taxes but can expect to receive benefits worth $387,000. Social Security is another story. There, the average retired couple paid $600,000 in lifetime taxes for $579,000 in benefits. Put together, it's $722,000 in taxes for $966,000 in benefits. (All figures are adjusted for inflation.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cial-security/

I would have no problem with states running their own health care as long as my state could implement a five or ten year qualification period so people from other states couldn't run to my state when they get sick. I would want an extremely long qualification period. They can hold their own state accountable, not run to my state.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,718,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I would have no problem with states running their own health care as long as my state could implement a five or ten year qualification period so people from other states couldn't run to my state when they get sick. I would want an extremely long qualification period. They can hold their own state accountable, not run to my state.
Do you feel states should also be able to do the same in regards to social programs for immigrants?

If Florida wanted to hold off on things like WIC for illegals until they have been in the state paying taxes for ten years, should Florida have that right?

Old 07-18-2016, 11:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,640,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Could you name a corporate welfare?
Let's start with ten.

http://usuncut.com/class-war/10-corp...ur-blood-boil/

Old 07-18-2016, 11:25 AM

Talking Oh no you don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, let's get rid of corporate welfare. Get rid of business tax and don't give businesses a dime of our tax money. Nice and simple.

Businesses benefit as much if not more than the public from govt services and infrastructure.

Time they paid their fair share.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:26 AM

45,350 posts, read 26,613,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Most of the ten are tax breaks (not welfare)

Old 07-18-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
That counts as corporate welfare.

You and I make up for what they skip out on.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:30 AM

45,350 posts, read 26,613,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That counts as corporate welfare.

You and I make up for what they skip out on.

You are incorrect. We don't have to make up for govt. spending that shouldn't be done in the first place.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You might find this article interesting reading on the subject:

Forbes Welcome

It's from that left-leaning magazine, Forbes.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:33 AM

Another lefty publication weighs in:

Ending the Corporate-Welfare Circus - WSJ

That old standard of the left, The Wall St Journal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies