Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 01:03 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Slavery of Africans began way before the United States was ever known to exist. Don't blame this country for its origins. And some blame belongs to the African sellers of their own kind, no?

Slavery Timeline 1400-1500 - a Chronology of Slavery, Abolition, and Emancipation
Which is an issue that the OP didn't bring up at all.

I'm guessing you're White. If so, by your standard, you must accept some of the blame for the Boer War. I mean, the British were White, too. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 01:05 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I think Blacks are very lucky to be living in the USA.

The price of admission was quite high, don't you think?

Old 07-26-2016, 01:37 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
In the minds of a white supremacist gynocentric society, black men are just up and leaving their families. But in reality, more females are choosing the government and replacing husbands/fathers. And they're silent of the types of men these females tend to choose rather than decent ones.
It is easy to blame men and only men, especially Black men. With the "I don't need a man" brand of feminism, that has hurt alot of men.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Slavery went on from 1619 to 1865
Jim Crow 1877-1965

Blacks have only experience some sense of freedom for a bit more than 50 years.

Most black Americans are descendant of slaves.

It is not the same thing to be the son of a slave than to be the son of a merchant, a farm owner, a businessman, a doctor, a lawyer, a police officer, a school teacher, etc, etc.

Blacks started at ZERO and had ZERO education or training. They had no one to look up to as the families were broken apart.

American Blacks have done phenomenally well given the original position from where they started. And 51 years is not a long time since the end of Jim Crow.

Most people of European heritage like myself can look back for 500-1000 years of successful heritage where families were together and values were passed down. Blacks could not pass anything down because there was no family.

Some American blacks found a way to somehow have a family and those folks have done very well and surpassed many whites.

Oppression from 1619 until 1965 created a generation of people that was overtly sensitive to perceived racism. They have lived in stress for hundreds of years and that explains the hypersensitivity to cops and authority.
Because racism isn't dead in the US. Anyone who thinks so is either naive or delusional.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:06 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So you think that all black children are raised in bad, unsupportive families when they are born out of wedlock??

I was born out of wedlock and I have a great family. I knew my father (and still do and am a "daddy's girl.") I know my entire extended family and even grew up with 3 of my great grandmothers, and two of my great grandfathers throughout my childhood. I know cousins who are the children of my great great grandparents and we are a very close knit family. This is the case for a majority of black people. We are very family oriented no matter the circumstances of a child's birth.

Your link which has been debunked numerous times does not negate what I stated.

FWIW, this will by my only response to you because you always post the same things over and over and rarely provide any sort of interesting discourse in conversations. And I only responded to state that the link has been debunked. There were indentured servants in America who were white, not slaves. FWIW as I also already stated, the first black people brought to Virginia in the 1600s also were not slaves, they were indentured servants. Slavery was not established as a tradition until the mid 1600s and it was not institutionalized until the late 1600s/early 1700s in the American colonies.

Then you should have no trouble thriving, opening your own businesses and succeeding then. Good to know. You will not be needing to bother anyone else since everything is working smoothly.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Then you should have no trouble thriving, opening your own businesses and succeeding then. Good to know. You will not be needing to bother anyone else since everything is working smoothly.
Nope I don't...

I actually did have a thriving part time business and I work in a highly sought after field, I am college educated and I am doing wonderfully in life, as I have stated in this thread.

Not sure why you even quoted me since I don't fit your stereotypical narrative of a lowly black person looking for handouts from you.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:07 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
In the minds of a white supremacist gynocentric society, black men are just up and leaving their families. But in reality, more females are choosing the government and replacing husbands/fathers.
More Black females are choosing the government to support their child-rearing over husbands/fathers for their children? What does that say about Black females' opinions of Black men? Looks like the Black population's en masse vote of "No Confidence" in Black men to me...

Old 07-26-2016, 03:10 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I agree. Eliminate welfare program benefits for unwed Black mothers and their babies since they're supposedly doing so well.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
More Black females are choosing the government to support their child-rearing over husbands/fathers for their children? What does that say about Black females' opinions of Black men? Looks like the Black population's en masse vote of "No Confidence" in Black men to me...
White females are catching up there as far as turning to the nanny state. Also a lot of them have convinced black females to turn against black men, and it worked.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:54 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
why is race an issue???? because many people are more interested in what others think and do vs. just focusing on themselves and their particular lot in life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies