Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 03:33 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,281,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Well, honestly I don't care if someone feels muted because it's not socially acceptable to make racist remarks. If someone says something racist to me they're going to get hurt. They can discuss how this is so unfair in their next Noe-Nazi meeting.. And I'll leave it at that...
Then you're equally as indecent and dangerous, no need to inject violence because a few bad apples are out there. The large majority of folk (white and black) at minimum try to do the "right" thing and know right from wrong. Don't fall into that trap.

I caution young black males that not only do black lives matter but words and actions matter more. Responding in a belligerent and verbal manner is a recipe for disaster. The media has defined and for the most part aligned black folk to being "thugs", "ghetto", "dangerous", etc. Historically pinned upon us through years of oppression and now self-inflicted by us via ignorance and outwardly appearance.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:46 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,281,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You mean like when Shaq made his "ching, chong, chang" comment when asked about Yao Ming?

You wanted to know what white people said about it?
It's more of the volume from white people when talking to or about black people, everyday all the time it seems. I simply think its their comfort zone when thinking about black people, beneath us. Many purposely teeter on the edge with being "correct" and some simply don't mask it very well, nor intend to it seems. So simply allowing to "take country back" to a time when it was openly allowed or casual conversation isn't prudent.

They'll use terms like "boy" in a nice way etc to automatically spark a flame in black folk. It happen this weekend on the golf course. A group of white folks said you "boys" can play through which simply means they allowed is to jump them since we were moving at faster pace. Didn't sit too well with one of my friends but had calm him down....although not PC, delivery and tone means a lot.

Many times I just move along but at work, bar, other public settings, etc it is difficult to ignore. Yes, black folks are guilty of it here and there but many white folk have been non-PC so long, its hard to control. In the workforce, dining, etc., each week, I could count on some older white guy to say something non-PC....like clock work. I think sometimes out of ignorance but more often than not to provoke a reaction from me. So, I took the PC route with a response....my non-PC stuff isn't good.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 07-25-2016 at 04:03 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 04:15 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Then you're equally as indecent and dangerous, no need to inject violence because a few bad apples are out there. The large majority of folk (white and black) at minimum try to do the "right" thing and know right from wrong. Don't fall into that trap.

I caution young black males that not only do black lives matter but words and actions matter more. Responding in a belligerent and verbal manner is a recipe for disaster. The media has defined and for the most part aligned black folk to being "thugs", "ghetto", "dangerous", etc. Historically pinned upon us through years of oppression and now self-inflicted by us via ignorance and outwardly appearance.
Call it what you want but I won't allow someone to disrespect me. I'm a man that stands up for himself. The majority of black folks wont allow anyone to use a racial epithet towards them either without some type of verbal confrontation or altercation.. Indecent, dangerous or indifferent, this is the way it is and should be...

Turn the other cheek if you want to but that's not me...

Old 07-25-2016, 04:18 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
Quote:
Call it what you want but I won't allow someone to disrespect me. I'm a man that stands up for himself. The majority of black folks wont allow anyone to use a racial epithet towards them either without some type of verbal confrontation or altercation.. Indecent, dangerous or indifferent, this is the way it is and should be...

Turn the other cheek if you want to but that's not me...
A lot of non-blacks expect blacks should just take whatever negative is thrown at them and not react.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:23 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
the hatred of blacks to whites is coming through on this thread. one might call them racist. just a few vocal posters who think they can change things by arguing their points with the CD community - probably bought and paid for by the Hillary committee.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:31 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
the hatred of blacks to whites is coming through on this thread. one might call them racist. just a few vocal posters who think they can change things by arguing their points with the CD community - probably bought and paid for by the Hillary committee.
I've noticed when blacks say just about anything negative about whites, then they're considered the most racist group on the planet. Vice versa, hardly any reactions. Even other groups will cosign.

So it reality, it's actually PC for blacks to not talk about race. Otherwise, they'll get a lot of backlash from non-blacks.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:33 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
It's more of the volume from white people when talking to or about black people, everyday all the time it seems. I simply think its their comfort zone when thinking about black people, beneath us. Many purposely teeter on the edge with being "correct" and some simply don't mask it very well, nor intend to it seems. So simply allowing to "take country back" to a time when it was openly allowed or casual conversation isn't prudent.

They'll use terms like "boy" in a nice way etc to automatically spark a flame in black folk. It happen this weekend on the golf course. A group of white folks said you "boys" can play through which simply means they allowed is to jump them since we were moving at faster pace. Didn't sit too well with one of my friends but had calm him down....although not PC, delivery and tone means a lot.

Many times I just move along but at work, bar, other public settings, etc it is difficult to ignore. Yes, black folks are guilty of it here and there but many white folk have been non-PC so long, its hard to control. In the workforce, dining, etc., each week, I could count on some older white guy to say something non-PC....like clock work. I think sometimes out of ignorance but more often than not to provoke a reaction from me. So, I took the PC route with a response....my non-PC stuff isn't good.
Well, there's the old thing about "if you've had the advantage or privilege for a long time, any sort of efforts to equalize the playing field appears like oppression or inequality."

Old 07-25-2016, 04:34 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I've noticed when blacks say just about anything negative about whites, then they're considered the most racist group on the planet. Vice versa, hardly any reactions. Even other groups will cosign.

So it reality, it's actually PC for blacks to not talk about race. Otherwise, they'll get a lot of backlash from non-blacks.
Oh yes - black folks will always be accused of "playing the race card" and being "oversensitive" by non-black people when it comes to race discussions.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:40 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A lot of non-blacks expect blacks should just take whatever negative is thrown at them and not react.
Exactly!! Those days are long over. We're not going to sit around and accept a certain segment of society's racism.. It will be called out right to their faces.. If they feel they're being muted or forced to be politically correct or not..

Old 07-25-2016, 07:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Exactly!! Those days are long over. We're not going to sit around and accept a certain segment of society's racism.. It will be called out right to their faces.. If they feel they're being muted or forced to be politically correct or not..
Why would you bother to argue with someone like that?

And you said earlier they would "get hurt".

You would physically attack someone over words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies