Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2016, 12:45 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Why would you bother to argue with someone like that?

And you said earlier they would "get hurt".

You would physically attack someone over words?
Yes, racist words..

Old 07-27-2016, 01:09 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Yes, racist words..
Would you want Huckleberry Finn banned from a library?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:20 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If whites don't think about political correctness, they would be lynched by the liberal mobsters in no time.

One particular race can say any hateful and racist thing but get away with it while whites and Asians better keep their mouths shut and take it like a man.
Oh puhleez. There are plenty of whites who not only don't think about PC, they make it a point to defy it, and are proud of it. Like Limbaugh. Savage. Trump (who not only is not apologetic, but doubles down when people confront him).

Last edited by silverkris; 07-27-2016 at 01:29 AM..

Old 07-27-2016, 01:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why would anyone want that? A book is an inanimate object. I love Mark Twain books...all of them.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:14 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Well in some cases, it's not always the truth. Some of them are just talking.
You're right, & some are writing. Some folks continue to suppress, revise & retell American history, & write history textbooks to reflect politically correct mythologies. To romanticize a War that killed & maimed so many Americans? It effects us all:

Quote:
..."You'd thought I'd won a second Civil War for the South," Clark Gable remarked about ecstatic audience reaction to the film debut in Atlanta. The Lost Cause myth was the political correctness of the postwar South, and a political correctness that dominated American history writing and culture for decades after Reconstruction. In the year of the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, Copperhead presents us with a false depiction of the Copperheads as principled men of peace instead of what they were -- often violent and always racist defenders of slavery, secession, and the Confederacy. Copperhead is propaganda for an old variation of the neo-Confederate Lost Cause myth, that the root of the Civil War was not slavery and the slave power, but an aggressive, power-mad North seeking to tyrannize, by unconstitutional means, a benign and chivalrous South. The Lost Cause myth was at its heart not a matter of a differing interpretation, but of the falsification and suppression of history in order to vindicate the Confederacy and later to justify Jim Crow. Frankly, my dear, we should give a damn.
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...il-war/277969/

Old 07-27-2016, 06:29 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Firstly, that's not really true. Plenty of minority groups (this could include homosexuals, who are sometimes white) are not fans of political correctness.

And let's be real; white people do get the raw end of political correctness. And I'm not doing some 'we're the victims' BS because I don't think that's true. As a white person, a white man no less, I don't actually feel victimized by any of it. I do however thing it's hilariously stupid and obviously contradictory.

Just as an example, if a black person says they're proud to be black, it's empowering. If a white person says they're proud to be white, they'll probably be called a Nazi or some equivalent thing. Why? What could possibly be the difference between these two things? Either both are wrong or both are right. There's no sensible reason to assume one is bad and the other is good. But this is a result of political correctness. By it's nature, political correctness is a tool meant to suppress certain things from being said at an attempt to prevent certain groups, generally just minorities, from being offended. Supporters of the practice confuse being PC with being polite. Not so.
Just wanted to note on your last paragraph that being "black" in America is considered a cultural heritage. A white person usually says they are proud to be "American" in this country and it means the same thing as being proud to be "black" in America.

Also there are many whites who are proud of their ethnic roots and who do make mention of this.

I also agree with a previous poster in that "white power" and being proud to be only "white" has always been associated with white supremacy. This has not been the case for black people and so they do have different meanings in our society. So the question for me if a white person says they are "proud to be white" is are they proud to be an American or are they a member/sympathizer of the white (supremacy) power groups.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:01 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most white racists keep their opinions to themselves while I'm around because they just know what can happen to them...
Black racists are good though. You'll even name yourself after them on internet forums, because it isn't about being against racism. It's all about black power.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What's with the idiotic questions?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:17 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'm quite serious. A lot of these people will complain about society being too political correct in order to justify their hatred.

That's exactly what it's about. Like "Freedom of Speech!". And "If Obama can make it as president...". And "It's about my kids' safety, not those pervs in drag."

Old 07-27-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Black racists are good though. You'll even name yourself after them on internet forums, because it isn't about being against racism. It's all about black power.
^^^ This guy.

I'm here to confront propaganda. People spewing ignorance will get their opinions smacked down. That's what I do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies