Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 07:44 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
i can't wait until this election is over and all of the paid progressive liberal democratic posters go away. bet they disappear the day after.
Where do I sign up to get paid? I've been hearing about this for years..

Old 07-25-2016, 08:53 PM

7,772 posts, read 6,379,741 times
Political correctness is a mental disorder.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Well....this thread is going the way it now seems to have been intended.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:13 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You have to be politically correct to keep peace in life. People could care less about what you think of such and such.

Some want a free pass to say what they want with out consequences and cry fowl when they get called out on their inappropriate conduct.

Respect to get respect.
End of Thread!
Repped

Old 07-25-2016, 10:24 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
As is their right.
Institutions do not have rights, only people do.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Institutions do not have rights, only people do.
False.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:18 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Well, honestly I don't care if someone feels muted because it's not socially acceptable to make racist remarks. If someone says something racist to me they're going to get hurt. They can discuss how this is so unfair in their next Noe-Nazi meeting.. And I'll leave it at that...

So would you expect them to return the favor if something is said that they deem as racist towards them?

This is the problem.....

Things have different meanings to different people. There are times when nothing racist was meant but it can be construed that way. So if you take something the wrong way without understanding intent do you think that gives you justification to harm someone?

Come on. Use some logic. People need to stop making racist remarks just like people need to stop looking for any opportunity to call someone a racist. It's a two way street.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:48 AM

684 posts, read 514,377 times
Quote:
Well, honestly I don't care if someone feels muted because it's not socially acceptable to make racist remarks. If someone says something racist to me they're going to get hurt. They can discuss how this is so unfair in their next Noe-Nazi meeting.. And I'll leave it at that...
Ah good old violence... what ever happened to the old saying violence never solved anything.

Do you realize you're perpetuating a certain stereotype that black men are violent when you make such comments and act on them?

Quote:
Call it what you want but I won't allow someone to disrespect me. I'm a man that stands up for himself. The majority of black folks wont allow anyone to use a racial epithet towards them either without some type of verbal confrontation or altercation.. Indecent, dangerous or indifferent, this is the way it is and should be...

Turn the other cheek if you want to but that's not me...
There's that "respect" thing wrapped up in anger over words someone else says to you, yet blacks call each other the "N" word all day long and although not in a disrespectful manner its still derogatory in nature and still holds black people back.

What stands out the most for me in this particular post is how open you are with being indifferent in your attitude and actions even to a level thats dangerous. Again when you do this it only reinforces that same stereotype of black men being dangerous and indifferent. Do you then see being violent might be a factor in why many white people don't want to be around, associate, live near, work with etc... black people, especially black males?

Quote:
Exactly!! Those days are long over. We're not going to sit around and accept a certain segment of society's racism.. It will be called out right to their faces.. If they feel they're being muted or forced to be politically correct or not..
I would just hope that black men like you give great pause in reacting to such ignorance from that certain segment of the population who are racist. The way you react often times reflects more negatively on you than the original words from those idiots spewing them.

As a white male (speaking only for myself ) I have have had great friendships with people of all races and backgrounds however the reality is that I tend to distance myself from what I call "Thuggish" black males. I have had this honest race discussion among other whites and have a consensus that I'm not the only white who thinks like I do, which is that I find these certain black males to be a personal threat, unpredictable, and dangerous.

So why is it I can have great friendships with a lot of black women and even certain black male professionals but when I honestly state I dislike black thugs I am automatically racist because they are black even when my dislike of them is not based on the color of their skin but rather their actions and attitude of being Indecent, dangerous or indifferent??

Old 07-26-2016, 06:56 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You have to be politically correct to keep peace in life. People could care less about what you think of such and such.

Some want a free pass to say what they want with out consequences and cry fowl when they get called out on their inappropriate conduct.

Respect to get respect.
We have to be very careful and not hurt THE FEELINGS of terrorists as they chop off heads and drive over chilren. As Loretta Lynch said. We have to love the terrorists. This is political correctness from the left. And they
are sick. I don' t want respect from terrorists. Political correctness is covering the truth.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:48 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
False.
A convincing argument!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies