Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 12:16 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
she made a mistake? what do you mean?

He means.... She said what she was really thinking by accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 12:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Just to remind folks she wants rails 1.7biion to pay forprojects that go no where! Except off shore account to the lucky few in Clintons Camp!
Hillarys plan for this is more towards raising taxes on those making above $100,000. Hillarys plan is that a 20% raise on the rich sounds better than 5% raise on everyone making over $35,000. Hillary won't alienate her voters in that category. At least not in purpose.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:32 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
I have to say in all fairness i think she said "We arent". although it sounded a lot like we are. if she wants to be president, she needs to make sure she's a bit more audible, no surprise there that you need to speak more clearly.

Of course, what she says is mostly lies anyway, so as far as whether or not she said are or arent....

what difference does it make.
Quite possibly the only intelligent post in the entire thread!

Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Everyone pays for it. Just like the roads and parks.

You cant open a savings account because you will be fired from your job for taking leave. There is no protection for workers. On average, Americans have the least parental leave of any developed country. Children suffer greatly as a result. Same with saying goodbye to a dying parent. Americans are simply forced to work. A paid family and medical leave gives life-work balance to the American worker. An overwhelming majority of the American people support it. Majority of Republicans support it too.

I'm conservative and I agree with this completely.

There's more to life than work!!!

Old 08-05-2016, 02:11 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Obviously she made a mistake, but the Democratic Lemmings just sat there and cheered their fool heads off.

Is there anything that could happen, any revelation that would make the Democrats on this forum finally turn on Hillary?
No. None whatsoever. They really are that stupid.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I have to say in all fairness i think she said "We arent". .
No, she didn't. You can listen to it 100 times and it's quite clear. But of course, the bias of Snopes says she might have said "won't".

Clearly, she misspoke. But don't claim she didn't say she would raise taxes on the middle class and the idiots in the audience cheered.

And BTW, she probably will raise taxes on the middle class just like Obama has. Just not via the FIT.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Everyone pays for it. Just like the roads and parks.

You cant open a savings account because you will be fired from your job for taking leave. There is no protection for workers. On average, Americans have the least parental leave of any developed country. Children suffer greatly as a result. Same with saying goodbye to a dying parent. Americans are simply forced to work. A paid family and medical leave gives life-work balance to the American worker. An overwhelming majority of the American people support it. Majority of Republicans support it too.
That's strange. I worked for 45 years and raised four kids and NEVER had any of those problems. My work-life balance has always been good and I didn't need the government to tell me what my work-life balance should be.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:07 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,782,214 times
Clapping like seals. Arf Arf Arf. Kind of like when Senator Menendez speaks, all the Hudson County voters clap like brainless seals with their bucket of free fish ready to be thrown at them.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:01 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Slave? When a person has a choice, that person is not a slave. Go open your own business and be the boss for yourself and do whatever you want.
Question: Whats so great about getting fired because your dad dies? Whats so great about 1 month old babies not seeing their mother because she has to work? This is the reality in most of America as America is the only country without a paid family and medical leave program.

Everyone starting their own successful company (while having to care for someone with cancer for example) is totally unrealistic. Only a tiny number of people can at any time have successful companies. If one company succeeds, another will go bankrupt. That's simple logic.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Pretty sure she said "AREN'T," but the video quality doesn't make it easy to discern. Chalk this up to yet another conservative conspiracy theory (there are so many).

At least you were smart enough to recognize that this is not her stated policy position, which is more than I can say for your fellow henchmen in yesterday's laugh of a thread on this same topic.
She said " aren't". The Trump campaign created the read along thing. Actually quite clever.

POTUS has no authority to change the tax code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies