Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 10:26 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I dont care what color you are, if you work hard, you can become rich. This country gives opportunities to even immigrants like me. I had to maintain my grades to keep my student visa & work hard after school to get work permit through an employer. You cant work for other employers under work visa so i had to keep the same job for several years until I got my green card. It was a nightmare to go through recessions & hiring freezes. If you get laid off, you get deported within a month. But citizens dont have these restrictions & so many obstacles. Nothing is stopping you from becoming successful but your own attitude & laziness. It doesn't take talent to showup for work on time. I have worked with successful people of different races, economic backgrounds & nationality.

BEING BORN POOR IS NOT YOUR FAULT BUT DYING POOR IS TOTALLY YOUR FAULT.

Exceptions are people with poor physical health or psychological issues.

I've worked with many low-wage workers who never became rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 10:31 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
If you want to get rich, go into politics. That's why people run for office.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:38 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,641,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If you want to get rich, go into politics. That's why people run for office.
Or make something that people are willing to pay for.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:46 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
I have to wonder...where do people , like the clown in this vid, vet the notion planted that they are owed something, just for being born? That because some people have money, they are obligated to "give him some, and if they dong, he has a right to pillage and burn his own community? Oh, I know, if he wasn't so disadvantaged and had better education, he would be thus enlightened, and understand how the world works.

Well, when going to school, and actually trying to learn, is derided and spit on by ones very culture and peers, and one is taught that money can, and should be easy, via dealing drugs and entitlement, I suppose that can have the results this video showcases. When one sees the drug slinging banger, driving a Mercedes, while an honest person is taking the businesses to work, the allure is obvious. In this clowns case, "I's gonna git me some o DAT". Total, moral bankruptcy. Have to love it....

Old 08-16-2016, 10:53 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
And there the politicians are, bringing in more people with a totally different mentality. One where they lived among the shambles of war. What do you think their mentality is going to be?

I wonder, will any of them being living among the liberal elite or the DC elite? I'll bet not, they'll put them to live among the black community.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:06 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
You know.... at this point after numerous debates on CD with some posters about trying to figure out a common solution to resolve the issue between us all and just being reminded that I am either a) a closet racist, b) being condescending for mentioning what I think might help, c) need to butt out of black affairs when trying to understand their reasoning (which is I thought why they were complaining to begin with... whites not understanding), or d) some combo of all of the above I am inclined to say just let them figure it out for themselves.

If you think you can do it, you're right. If you think you can't, you're right too.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:21 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Im sure there is a certain IQ maximum it takes to belong to this group.

Yes!! It takes a group of three to get an IQ in double digits.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:22 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times
Someone needs to ask that young man what has he done over the past 2-3yrs in order to better his life. I'm curious as to what his answer would be.

I myself am a minority born into a broken home. Father in/out of jail and a mother who raised me on welfare. Today I'm gainfully employed at a major Marketing/Advertising firm and I also run my own small business. Why? I chose to go to school and stay out of the streets. Distanced myself from bad influences and didnt succumb to social peer pressure.

I grew up in the "hood" just like most of these folks. My first goal was to earn enough money to leave. That was 9yrs ago. I bust my behind till this day to make sure I dont have to go back.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:26 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianThomas View Post
What do you expect from people too lazy to work?

The sad thing is, the poor Whites who accidentally wandered into this jungle are not the wealthy pro-globalist elites that live far far away from the problems associated with the policies they push.
I think it has more to do with being mentally challenged than anything else. Brains, or the lack of, is one reason why there will never be equality regardless of how much money you throw at it.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have to wonder...where do people , like the clown in this vid, vet the notion planted that they are owed something, just for being born? That because some people have money, they are obligated to "give him some, and if they dong, he has a right to pillage and burn his own community? Oh, I know, if he wasn't so disadvantaged and had better education, he would be thus enlightened, and understand how the world works.
I've had to address this over and over and over. If you want to hold this position there is nothing inherently wrong with it as long as it's a principled position. That means there is no bailing out of the banks. There is no forcing tax payers to be responsible for bad bank debt.

If you are against this, great, so am I. I've argued it for years. The problem is, I lost. All of that was done. The government created billions for the banks and relieved them of billions more in bad debt and placed it all on the back of the taxpayers.

Bad program or not, why shouldn't others also benefit from this money? Those with have no desire to release their hands from any of it. In theory the government/fed is suppose to raise rates thereby in theory taking this money back. It seems it may be years and years before they do this. When it was tried the markets threw a fit and the politicians crapped their pants.

Quote:
Well, when going to school, and actually trying to learn, is derided and spit on by ones very culture and peers, and one is taught that money can, and should be easy, via dealing drugs and entitlement, I suppose that can have the results this video showcases. When one sees the drug slinging banger, driving a Mercedes, while an honest person is taking the businesses to work, the allure is obvious. In this clowns case, "I's gonna git me some o DAT". Total, moral bankruptcy. Have to love it....
Easy money.....it's right there in it's name......Quantitative Easeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies