Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 01:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
You know.... at this point after numerous debates on CD with some posters about trying to figure out a common solution to resolve the issue between us all and just being reminded that I am either a) a closet racist, b) being condescending for mentioning what I think might help, c) need to butt out of black affairs when trying to understand their reasoning (which is I thought why they were complaining to begin with... whites not understanding), or d) some combo of all of the above I am inclined to say just let them figure it out for themselves.

If you think you can do it, you're right. If you think you can't, you're right too.
You're missing the point. This is represents the results of liberal policies and liberal brainwashing.

More importantly, it wouldn't matter if you are black or white. It would have the same results. It's ashamed because there are probably good people who would have had half the chance if they weren't taught to hate and expect others to give them everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 01:25 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You're missing the point. This is represents the results of liberal policies and liberal brainwashing.

More importantly, it wouldn't matter if you are black or white. It would have the same results. It's ashamed because there are probably good people who would have had half the chance if they weren't taught to hate and expect others to give them everything.
I understand that...... but liberal policies affect those the most who accept them and buy into them. It's clear where this happens the most but as I stated before any attempt at identifying it is just going to turn into a mud slinging contest where conservatives are going to be blamed for the problem.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I understand that...... but liberal policies affect those the most who accept them and buy into them. It's clear where this happens the most but as I stated before any attempt at identifying it is just going to turn into a mud slinging contest where conservatives are going to be blamed for the problem.
It's usually the accuser who is to blame. Anyway to your point so no one should speak out and let liberalism run wild. In other words "silence" to a different way of viewing the world. Just like the liberal media running wild... their goal is to SILENCE trump.

I don't know why people think that government can solve their problems. Being that I was in the lower middle class I realized that government wasn't going to do **** for me and I had to do it myself.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:01 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's usually the accuser who is to blame. Anyway to your point so no one should speak out and let liberalism run wild. In other words "silence" to a different way of viewing the world. Just like the liberal media running wild... their goal is to SILENCE trump.

I don't know why people think that government can solve their problems. Being that I was in the lower middle class I realized that government wasn't going to do **** for me and I had to do it myself.

I don't expect the government to do anything other than create problems. They have no solutions.

People can speak out. It happens almost every second of every day. But as long as you have people too blind to see what liberalism is doing to them there is nothing we can do. My point was that any attempt at addressing the problem seems to be met with criticism so eventually there comes a time where you just have to let folks figure it out for themselves.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I don't expect the government to do anything other than create problems. They have no solutions.

People can speak out. It happens almost every second of every day. But as long as you have people too blind to see what liberalism is doing to them there is nothing we can do. My point was that any attempt at addressing the problem seems to be met with criticism so eventually there comes a time where you just have to let folks figure it out for themselves.
Yes and pray they don't take us down with the ship. The problem is, that is exactly what they are doing.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:34 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
HUM, I think I have finally stopped believing in the "diversity is our strength" nonsense.

There is a VERY GOOD reason that many Americans do not want to live around certain "Peeps".
To be fair; a middle class Black dude and a middle class white dude are pretty much the "same culture" which does overrule "diversity".

Old 08-16-2016, 03:04 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Yes!! It takes a group of three to get an IQ in double digits.
Double digits with a decimal point. Like .96. From there I guess rounding up to a whole is OK. So, 1.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:33 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You did.
Prove it.

I don't have a mortgage. So I can't be 5+ years behind on mortgage payments so that the statute of limitations expires and I get a free home like tens of thousands of OTHER Americans, when I don't even have a mortgage.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:59 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
We should step out and let them create their own societies,
as experiments. Give them separate domains.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rampag...110950155.html

Old 08-17-2016, 12:07 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've had to address this over and over and over. If you want to hold this position there is nothing inherently wrong with it as long as it's a principled position. That means there is no bailing out of the banks. There is no forcing tax payers to be responsible for bad bank debt.

If you are against this, great, so am I. I've argued it for years. The problem is, I lost. All of that was done. The government created billions for the banks and relieved them of billions more in bad debt and placed it all on the back of the taxpayers.

Bad program or not, why shouldn't others also benefit from this money? Those with have no desire to release their hands from any of it. In theory the government/fed is suppose to raise rates thereby in theory taking this money back. It seems it may be years and years before they do this. When it was tried the markets threw a fit and the politicians crapped their pants

Easy money.....it's right there in it's name......Quantitative Easeing.
Others already HAVE benefited. As I've already posted, $2 Trillion (MUCH more than the banks got) in QE was created to bail out high-risk mortgage borrowers who never should have been given a loan in the first place. Tens of thousands of them will get their homes for free as they're 5+ years behind on their mortgage payments and the statute of limitations on foreclosure has/will expire.

Likewise, our country spends $1 Trillion each year in means-tested welfare programs to bail out those who are capable of but won't/don't support themselves and their dependents.

You're whining about billions to bail out banks, almost all of which was paid back, while TRILLIONS are being spent on noncontributing deadbeats and all of that expense is placed on the backs of the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies