Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 03:29 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,386,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
False premise.

The purpose of work is to produce goods.

If you just want jobs you can pay people to dig holes and pay other people to fill them up.
And that is better than paying them to do nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 03:35 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times
Quote:
False premise.

The purpose of work is to produce goods.

If you just want jobs you can pay people to dig holes and pay other people to fill them up.
Are you a supporter of Capitalism, or any work will do under any economic system to produce goods?
Under Capitalism, all must have bargaining power.
If all sides of the table do not have bargaining power, we do not need to change their system but rather we should not be doing business with them period.

To do so is supporting Human Rights Abuses

Old 08-16-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
We can do better and not do business with countries like that.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Once again the purpose of work is to produce goods, not jobs. The more goods produced the better off we are.

I suggest googling the Triffen Dilemma. Elimination of the trade deficit would endanger the dollar's status as the world currency.

We currently have a 19 trillion dollar debt that has to be financed. Protectionist tariffs would create inflation and cause the cost of financing our debt to rise substantially. We cannot afford protectionist tariffs.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:42 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,372,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Technically speaking, there is no record to be a part of if you aren't married.
Well, yeah. However, a kid has a mom and a dad. Both incomes should go into play before the dole is handed out.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Once again the purpose of work is to produce goods, not jobs. The more goods produced the better off we are.

I suggest googling the Triffen Dilemma. Elimination of the trade deficit would endanger the dollar's status as the world currency.

We currently have a 19 trillion dollar debt that has to be financed. Protectionist tariffs would create inflation and cause the cost of financing our debt to rise substantially. We cannot afford protectionist tariffs.
From your views, you have already made it perfectly clear many times you favor Globalism and your Japanese Corporation over the bests interests of this country and the damage done is "the losers" which is growing from these Globalists Policies.

You vote for your Globalists and I'll be voting for someone to throw ALL the Globalists out of DC

Old 08-16-2016, 03:48 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,372,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't get rid of the public assistance programs until you have something to replace it with. People are going to ****.
So, wean them off like a baby from a ti**ty. Some say these people will go crazy, but I have more faith in the human species. I think they will go into survival mode like I did and do what I had to do to bring myself and my family up from having nothing.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:52 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,386,435 times
Quote:
Once again the purpose of work is to produce goods, not jobs.
Welfare Mormon stile. Back when Brigham Young was running the welfare system for Salt Lake out of his own pocket he did make work projects rather than letting people be idol and getting assistance. Work is good for the person. Even nonproductive work.
Quote:
The more goods produced the better off we are.
Over production leads to margin compression and downwards pressure on wages. So up to a point more is better beyond that point less is better.
Quote:

I'm not a fan of tariffs as they don't address the underling problem
Quote:
Not really. tariffs keep poor countries poor and rich ones rich. The problem we are up against is GWP Gross World Product.

If you move a job from a $20hr labor pool to a $1hr labor pool and the person that lost their job in the $20hr labor pool replaces it at $15hr then you need to overpay the new job in the low labor pool by $4hr or GWP contracts. We are seeing this contraction in GWP now. Slower growth or outright contraction.

If you want strong economic growth any time soon we need to be overpaying the people making stuff for our domestic consumption. US minimum wage is a good starting point.
This is more along the lines of what we need.
Quote:

We need ever able bodied person working and at a high nominal rate of pay. That is if we are going to service our debts, and heaven forbid we stop being the world's reserve currency as when everyone starts selling dollars for something else then watch out.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Why would the ones that move production there go to the courts to protect workers rights and interests, when their main interests is shareholder value and profits?
That isn't what I said. Not even close.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
So, wean them off like a baby from a ti**ty. Some say these people will go crazy, but I have more faith in the human species. I think they will go into survival mode like I did and do what I had to do to bring myself and my family up from having nothing.
I doubt you want millions of people in "survival mode".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies