Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 10:03 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Read: Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

Old 08-22-2016, 10:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one is asking to gloss over issues. I'm simply saying that if you talk about Black people as if they are a burden, they won't vote for you. This is about who African-Americans vote for. If you're so concerned, do something about it. If not, be quiet and mind your own business.
LOL, if you read my previous post it may have sunk in that I said ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea well facts are facts.

I don't care what color skin you have the best thing anyone can do for society is to be able to support themselves, if you can't do that then you are a burden to society.
That means ANYONE who is on welfare is a burden to society.

Democrats are good at glossing over facts and that's obviously why you like them. I'd rather be TRUTHFUL, face the FACTS, talk about the issues, which is the first step in coming up with solutions. Democrats prefer glossing over them, which means they IGNORES it as if it doesn't exist.

Which do you think will work toward a solution?

Last edited by petch751; 08-22-2016 at 10:14 AM..

Old 08-22-2016, 10:06 AM

148 posts, read 137,531 times
Quote:
I don't beg for anyone's vote. That's how Republicans roll, we face facts no matter how dark it is, it's the only way to resolve issues not by ignoring them. Go back to the flower child fest where Democrats believe everything is peaches and cream and believe everyone is living the white picket fence life.
So are you all facing the fact that you will lose the presidential election (and possibly the Senate majority) if the doom and gloom message, the messenger and the delivery does not change? Because the facts are that enough people aren't buying what the Republicans are selling.

Republicans would probably lose more ground in state legislatures as well if gerrymandering was stopped.

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osufootballfan32 View Post
If this "southern strategy" was used then I guess the GOP had no idea. I mean President Nixon. You know the man who had a "perfect" (yes, not a typo) civil rights voting record in congress, was personally praised by MLK jr, and desegregated 70% of southern schools seems like a man who would turn racist all of a sudden! But let's contiune to believe this "theory" or "lie" that the democrats used today to collect their subordinates. Yes, I'm mean us non-white Americans.
Nixon was one of the most racist presidents in our history.

The hell are you talking about? Have you even read the transcripts of the Nixon tapes?

No. And until you do, put a sock in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Monolithically I don't buy that.
We don't give a damn about what you buy. It's none of your concern anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Since I'm black, I asked my mom this as a kid and she said "Only rich people vote Republican"... I'm now 22 and would vote Republican (however, I don't like the candidate for the republican party this year).

In my opinion, the democratic party manipulates blacks and we should be voting republican. We also tend to support abortion (because apparently we don't think adoption is an option).
They're manipulating YOU. Speak for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Had not been for the Democrap, most illegals would be deported. Your Democrap politicians won't let us. Your super black friendly Hi-liar even invited illegals to her nomination!

When Trump said he's going to build a wall on the border, the liberal media has been mocking him ever since.

Once again, think before you vote. The Democrap party doesn't care black people, not one bit - this is not to say that Republicans care about the poor. Once the Democrap import the 50 million illegals, the blacks would no longer be their darling as the Democrap would be kissing the behind of all the Latinos.

The Latinos will take your jobs, welfare, school, AA, medicaid etc. etc. All of it. You would be lucky to have some of the leftover.

YOU WILL BE BRED OUT!
I'm voting for the Democrat. Get over it.

And if Hispanics are hurting blacks so much, you'd be happy instead of being so despondent. You're crying in your post.

Meanwhile, I'm not worried even a little bit.

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
I don't beg for anyone's vote. That's how Republican roll, we face facts no matter how dark it is, it's the only way to resolve issues not by ignoring them. Go back to the flower child fest where Democrats believe everything is peaches and cream and believe everyone is living the white picket fence life.
Democrats buy votes with Santa Clause government.
Heck they were slave owners, not one Republican.
They also in the party housed the KKK and all those hosing black kids out of school.

They are the globalist taking mucho money and directions according to leaked Email from George Soros to create globalization.
Soros and the DNC emails show BLM are just an arm of the Democrat party, not some grass roots deal.

With Democrats buying everyone and being bought out by the 1% for globalization, I don't know where Republicans go.
People are kind of lazy so a message of working hard vs. one of here's a plate of dollar bills just isn't sexy.

Many need to grow up with their voting. All the Democrat control given by black neighborhoods for decades has done nothing but make things rot and get worse.
Instead of rewarding failure, when do suffering people in poverty hold Democrats and their failed social engineering accountable.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
So are you all facing the fact that you will lose the presidential election (and possibly the Senate majority) if the doom and gloom message, the messenger and the delivery does not change? Because the facts are that enough people aren't buying what the Republicans are selling.

Republicans would probably lose more ground in state legislatures as well if gerrymandering was stopped.
I won't beg or pander to anyone for a vote (unlike Hillary). If you're happy with the way your life is then by all means vote for Hillary.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nixon was one of the most racist presidents in our history.

The hell are you talking about? Have you even read the transcripts of the Nixon tapes?

No. And until you do, put a sock in it.

We don't give a damn about what you buy. It's none of your concern anyway.

They're manipulating YOU. Speak for yourself.

I'm voting for the Democrat. Get over it.

And if Hispanics are hurting blacks so much, you'd be happy instead of being so despondent. You're crying in your post.

Meanwhile, I'm not worried even a little bit.
Shrug. I laugh when people shoot themselves in the foot. That's my entertainment.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
LOL, if you read my previous post it may have sunk in that I said ....

That means ANYONE who is on welfare is a burden to society. Democrats are good at glossing over facts and that's obviously why you like them. It's a free country and your choice. As I said, to be TRUTHFUL you have to talk about the issues to be able to come up with solutions. Glossing over them IGNORES it as if it doesn't exist. Which do you think will work toward a solution?
Actually, you are the one who brought up welfare and who it relates to Blacks, and then made other broadsweeping statements about Blacks.

And something else.

From the link I posted: Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

Quote:
The mental block that keeps the GOP from engaging black folks and others could have something to do with its perception of the issues we care about.
For instance, a prominent black Republican in Illinois told me about a presentation a few years ago with party elders about how they could attract black voters. When it was all done, this Republican said, the first comment from the floor was, "We are not going to support welfare."

The group of black Republicans was puzzled: "We didn't even bring up welfare. What are you talking about?"
The GOP apparently has the idea that minorities don't care about education, taxes, entrepreneurship, homeownership, and a litany of other issues.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, you are the one who brought up welfare and who it relates to Blacks, and then made other broadsweeping statements about Blacks.

And something else.

From the link I posted: Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

I don't care what color skin you have the best thing anyone can do for society is to be able to support themselves, if you can't do that then you are a burden to society.

As I said... I won't beg or pander to anyone for a vote (unlike Hillary). If you're happy with the way your life is then by all means vote for Hillary.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
If you didn't care about color, you wouldn't have brought up Blacks being on welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies