Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 12:07 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Obama is NOT a god. Mother Nature does what she wants to do with the weather. He got there when he did. He needs vacation and Bush was on perpetual vacation. Righties forget this, how convenient. So many HATE him for this skin color. Tragic.

Woah woah woah....
Where did race come into play in this AT ALL?
I'm starting to agree that the Liberals are really the ones stoking this race war.

Anyways, to the main point of the question. Obama was late to visiting the area. We all know that. It was a big mistake on his part. And we are free to call him out on it. Especially free to call him out without being inferred to as racists! I mean come on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Examples? Or just blowing smoke?

Here you go Burdell:

Bush tours tornado disaster area - politics | NBC News

AllPolitics - Clinton Tours Flooded Midwest - April 22, 1997

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...14-9-515h.html

Old 08-23-2016, 12:12 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Woah woah woah....
Where did race come into play in this AT ALL?
I'm starting to agree that the Liberals are really the ones stoking this race war.
As a libertarian, I've never noticed so many racists comments from the right before Obama came on the scene. It's like Barry brought out the worst in them. Never heard the Paul supporters make racist remarks, I guess they have some class?

Old 08-23-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Glad to see Trump handing out Play-Doh to Pence is what real leadership looks like.
Nope - Trump handing out Play-Doh AND other supplies and touring the area, and talking to residents, and inquiring about the insurance available to victims and how many homes were damaged is what real leadership looks like.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:13 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
What's funny, is that there are no mentions from Obama's fans here about his own words from 2005, when he criticized Bush for not getting to NOLA soon enough, and instead flying over. Bush, like Obama, did not want the logistics required to support landing AF1 in NOLA to divert resources from recovery efforts.. Obama did overlook the fact that Bush was on the ground soon after. Now, when people are criticizing Obama, his supporters don't want to hear it. Partisan hypocrisy, or no?
Provide the link of him criticizing Bush for "not going soon enough". I honestly don't recall that. I do remember Brownie. I remember Bush telling him he was doing a great job. I remember Brownie learning there were people at the Superdome from CNN coverage. I remember his emails too. Brownie wasn't doing a great job. It wasn't that Bush didn't go. It was that there was really no effort for relief and an incompetent sycophant in charge of such an important government organization.

If you lived through Katrina and think people were mad because Bush didn't visit soon enough, you weren't paying attention.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:18 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, it would've made much more sense to go when the crisis was in its critical early stages, not like the police, first responders, hospitals, etc., all the resources that are put on alert when any POTUS visits anywhere had anything more pressing to worry about, right?

Thank goodness that orange troll arrived in time to hand out some Ply-Doh!
No sense trying to explain. Dimwits have their minds made up. Parroting Faux now....

Old 08-23-2016, 12:20 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91
Well, after being completely embarrassed by Trump taking the time to help the flood victims, Obama decides that he should stop play gold long enough to act like the president.
Thats the only reason he is... BECAUSE MR. TRUMP IS TRYING TO HELP THEM!!!! (One of the few GOOD things he has done)

Obama really is a skank!!

Old 08-23-2016, 12:21 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Provide the link of him criticizing Bush for "not going soon enough". I honestly don't recall that. I do remember Brownie. I remember Bush telling him he was doing a great job. I remember Brownie learning there were people at the Superdome from CNN coverage. I remember his emails too. Brownie wasn't doing a great job. It wasn't that Bush didn't go. It was that there was really no effort for relief and an incompetent sycophant in charge of such an important government organization.

If you lived through Katrina and think people were mad because Bush didn't visit soon enough, you weren't paying attention.

From the article here.

Obama's quote in 2008 about the Bush response to Katrina.

Quote:
When the people of New Orleans and Gulf Coast extended their hand for help, help was not there. When people looked up from the rooftops, for too long they saw an empty sky. When the winds blew and the flood waters came, we learned for all of our wealth and our power, something wasn’t right with America. We can talk about what happened for a few days in 2005, and we should. We can talk about levies that couldn’t hold, about a FEMA that seem not just incompetent but paralyzed and powerless, about a president who only saw the people from a window on an airplane instead of down here on the ground, trying to provide comfort and aid,” Obama said then. “We can talk about a trust that was broken, the promise that our government would be prepared, will protect us, and will respond in a catastrophe.
Will concede there was plenty of blame to go around for the shortcomings in Katrina, both at the Federal (Executive) level, and the state and local level. (Blanco and Nagin)

Old 08-23-2016, 12:36 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Amid criticism from who? Dumb right-wingers? Big deal.

The Governor of Louisiana already explained that he asked Obama, Clinton, and Trump not to visit, as their presence would cause a drain on resources.

Being the opportunistic scumbag that he is, Trump ignored the advice and showed up anyway. Donning his trademark "Make America Great" cap, he signed autographs, attacked Clinton and Obama, and handed out play-oh for 45 seconds. He used the entire region as a political prop, and now it appears right-wingers are doing the same.
And that's total nonsense. Obama visited NYC the day after Superstorm Sandy... and oddly only 6 days before the next election.

This has absolutely nothing to do with 'resources'. But you fell for it anyway.

You're welcome.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Obama is NOT a god. Mother Nature does what she wants to do with the weather. He got there when he did. He needs vacation and Bush was on perpetual vacation. Righties forget this, how convenient. So many HATE him for this skin color. Tragic.
People might actually take you seriously, if you actually posted something worth while rather than non stop racist bs and lies.

just saying..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies