Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you see those wanting diversity for the sake of diversity as:
Trying to see past race and ethnicity 10 9.71%
Being PC and it's more about looking tolerant 56 54.37%
Oh, give me a break and a beer 37 35.92%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 02:53 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I get the sense, and I could be wrong, that most white people seeking out a diverse neighborhood feel it is a status symbol - "Look how diverse and open minded I am. I embrace diversity."
Yes -- virtue signaling and a way to feel morally superior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 02:55 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
I have always lived in areas with varying degrees of diversity. It has always been fine with one exception. I did a year in Greek Astoria in NYC. I did not care for it. It was not that it was Greek per se. They're fine people. It was just that everyone conversed in Greek and knew each other. It was like a party where I was welcome, but sat alone on the couch. I guess I was the diversity there.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:56 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why ascribe political nonsense to EVERYTHING that someone does? Some of you are obsessed with politics.
Well, it is the Politics forum.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Questions to anyone:

1) Why MUST everywhere in the US and Europe be diverse?

2) Why doesn't everyone insist on diversity in Africa, China, India, Mexico,stc.. where there is actually LESS diversity?

3) Do you not realize that if everywhere is "diverse" nowhere is "diverse" ??-Its all the same!!

4) Attention Liberals - Are we "all the same" or are we "diverse"? Which is it? Do I "celebrate our differences" or "view everyone equally" as the same?

I'm confused....
On these:

1 - Everywhere doesn't have to be "diverse" racially but everyone is diverse from another individual in some way personally

2 - Because we don't live there and don't care

3 - Everywhere is not diverse.

4 - Not a liberal, but we are not "all the same" physically. Physically we are all different in regards to apprearance, however, we are also all humans and therefore we do have a common human experience that is basically 'the same.'

Old 08-31-2016, 03:04 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am very familiar with metro Atlanta. And you are right that crime is increasing in suburban communities (ETA: this is based in part on gentrification and the urban sprawl in Atlanta. Lots of people in Metro Atlanta, white, black Latino, Asians, and others are moving into the city because of sprawl and a desire for a more urban/city experience versus suburbia. Due to this rents/home prices have increased in the city. Crime has actually decreased though in the city itself even in the majority black and Latino areas. This is because many of them who are poverty stricken have moved to suburban and exurban communities. So it is not the "Mexicans" and the blacks who are causing crimes based on ethnicity only as it seems you believe. It is people of a lower socio-economic tier. If you moved to an all white town that had a large amount of lower income people, you'd also have issues with crime and poor schools). However, you only blame "Mexicans" now when I'm sure that many of the Latinos you are complaining about probably aren't even Mexican.

Also, all "Mexicans" don't commit crimes and all of them don't just speak Spanish either.

Who says that you have to hate white people????

All I'm saying is that your "hate" of "Mexicans" and blacks is based entirely upon the idea that you view them as inferior to white people. That makes you a racist.

Also, again, you admitted this. Why are you now getting defensive?
I never said I hated anyone because of their race. I said I wanted nothing to do with them,I wanted good schools for my kids where the teachers and kids speak English and learn in English,where crime isn't rampant,where I don't hear some foreign language being spoken in America etc.I have no interest in getting to know people of any race for that matter. I stick to myself and if I did want friends they would be white because that's who I have common interests/heritage/culture with. Maybe ALL blacks and ALL mexicans don't commit crime but in MAJORITY black or mexican towns there is a LOT of crime and I don't want to be apart of that nor have my family around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
It's about white genocide and making white people a minority in their own countries. Nothing more. Nothing less. And the end game is the virtual extinction of the European Race.

When enough stupid white people wake up hopefully these Western Criminal Regimes we call "governments" that are really controlled by the Luciferian, Communist, International Banking Houses and the corporations that have grown around them as well as the globalist bodies they control like the WTO, U.N. etc... when enough, if enough ever wake up these criminals will be dealing with armed rebellion.
Wow. I thought I was the only one here who understands it all.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:12 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree it eats up a lot of resources, but that doesn't mean that the school is "bad."

That is all I was saying.

For example, if an immigrant family moved into an upper class neighborhood and they were affluent like their neighbors, should their child not know English and was only one of a very small number of non-English speaking kids---a school in an affluent neighborhood would have more resources when it came to making the child bi-lingual plus given the fact that the child comes from an affluent family means that the child will pick up the language faster. No doubt, the child's family would be able to get a tutor for the child to get him/her up to speed. However, scenarios like the above are not usually the case.

Instead, we have neighborhoods that get taken over by illegal aliens. Many have anchor babies who, despite being born here, go to school not knowing a word of English and the Spanish they know is atrocious. These kids don't know colors and can't tell red from blue, for example. Teachers will tell you that when kids come to school like that, they never fully catch up. Add to that, once the kids learn some English, the parents think nothing of taking them out of school to act as interpreters for the parents. When a school population becomes a majority of kids like this, the school goes downhill. Kids who come to school knowing English get shafted when it comes to their education as resources have to be diverted to deal with the non-English speakers whose problems very often are more than just not knowing English.

For example, the elementary school our daughter went to was once a good school with good teachers and parents who volunteered in the school. Most kids came from homes that were middle or lower middle class. By the late 90s, long after our daughter finished there, things started to go bad. Illegals moved in, many homes became flophouses and things got so bad at the school that it couldn't get state accreditation.

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
To be clear, i dont have a problem with diversity or no diversity. live where you want. Im just pointing out the flaws in trying to find out the racial make up of a neighborhood.

Elementary school make up would only help if you live in a very large community with multiple schools and even then, it would cover multiple neighborhoods.
It gives you a general idea. For many who their children are schooling with is a concern. As some have already indicated on this thread.

145 posts, read 111,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
White flight racists?
If your neighborhood has a crime problem that is getting worse, that makes you a racist to leave?
If you can move to an area with better schools and opportunities, that makes you a racist?
What about people of color who leave these same neighborhoods for the same reasons?
Are you going to try and educate me on the history of race relations where I live?

Please go ahead. I'm ready.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:13 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
This reminds me, years ago my uncle's town was changing a bit demographically. He wanted to find out about his daughter's class without sounding racist, so he asked her, "What different types of kids do you have in your class? Is it mixed up or is everyone the same?" My cousin said, "It's about fifty-fifty in my class". He said, "Really? Fifty-fifty?" She said, "Yeah, about half boys, half girls."

Old 08-31-2016, 03:15 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I have always lived in areas with varying degrees of diversity. It has always been fine with one exception. I did a year in Greek Astoria in NYC. I did not care for it. It was not that it was Greek per se. They're fine people. It was just that everyone conversed in Greek and knew each other. It was like a party where I was welcome, but sat alone on the couch. I guess I was the diversity there.
You shoulda brought them a Bundt.

https://youtu.be/WPvO53JHnmY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies